1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Nice to meet someone like minded. Basically for me it's go big with conversions or don't go ahead with a project at all.

jherazob likes this.
  2. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I've played them some so not a lot of good moments but lets see... in one game the Archon took down three Wolf Guard Terminators in one swing with his Huskblade, also nearly gutted a Stormwolf with a single salvo from a Ravager, nothing else really spectacularly good or bad yet but still plenty of time. going to have to try them against by buddies bezerker rush, thats my favorite stress test for a list. I think I won like two out of the five times we did that with my Guard.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

This takes a LOT of work. I've tried it with friends multiple times. Could never agree on enough to get it going though. It would be cool to do a small event though where you take simplified infinity rules (like the starter stuff) and then do a small chaos vs marine or vs guardsman thing. Using just a limited set of weapons/troop types, it could be a lot of fun. Again though, A TON of work.

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  4. Golem2God

I'll be rooting for you to achieve victory against them. Are they Khornites or some other CC Rush sub-faction?
    I'm sure you already know this...Dark Eldar are glass cannons and have good maneuverability. Maybe softening the bezerkers up a bit would work if they manage to catch up to you in combat?

5. Golem2God

I hope to God that Farsight &/or the Etherals put a stop to this corrupt group's ideals.

6. saint

World Eaters of course, accept no substitutes

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Golem2God

Now it makes sense. 30k loyalists or 40k traitors?

8. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

It does. The system we have in place has hours and hours of design and calculating in it. Had to try and back-engineer the points system of the existing game and then create a system for costing the new units - that was the slowest part. Easiest method is to find 'best match' units that exist in game and do it that way, but thats way less fun.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  9. Golem2God

What was the point system you came up with? Any examples to share?

10. saint

40K traitors, we're in America so 30K is way to fucking expensive to get into.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Its a 16 page doc, so a bit unwieldly to share the whole thing. But essentially we start with a 10pt Alguacile, modify costs based on stats, add points and abilities and then finally a modular equipment system more like 40k than Infinity (to better suit how 40k models can often all be individually armed).

An example of the stat modification costs. Imgur link as I can't seem to link images today;
    https://imgur.com/MeoEpzy
    Green costs are those derived as accurately as possible from the real costs. White costs are created for this system.

An example of some of the first profiles I ever made. Note that ARM is priced lower in this system hence why cheap Orks can have ARM2
    https://imgur.com/YLPl90a
    Greenskins is the ork version of the Morat rule. It makes them Religious, V: Dogged, Natural Born Warrior, Assault. Its a lot of rules, but 40k also covers vastly different creatures than Infinity does

12. Golem2God

True. But I've found a few good deals on ebay plus the plastic 30k kits are still out there to help lower the cost.
    @WiT? I really like this system. Hopefully more people get around to using 40k using Infinity's skirmish structure. It might be a much better way to play than Killteam. Maybe add some aspects of Killteam &/or Necromunda to the mix that would fit in with Infinity's system? I hear more players praise Necromunda's system over Killteam so perhaps it is worth looking into for rule research?

13. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Far as I know Necromunda is mainly about persistent characters in the warband. Thats another project I've been working on, but its a whole different layer of changes on top of any to the core ruleset.

14. Golem2God

Neoterra, Bakunin, are the two planets that could be a good setting for an Infinity Necromunda. Haqqislam, the two Yu Jing planets, even Dawn could also be good settings. As for rulesets you know more than me on that front. Still I find this meshing of 40k units into Infinity's gameplay would be a good hit especially since you don't need to add any non-infantry oversized units/models except for a T.A.G. equivalent.

jherazob likes this.
  15. Golem2God

16. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Surely "mechanical"?

Golem2God and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  17. Golem2God

Agreed. Even one of the commenters where I found this mentioned that.

Del S likes this.
  18. saint

So myself my brother, a friend of ours, and the two guys who're starting the channel went to a team 40K event in NY state last weekend. a good time was had by all even though we came in pretty low on the bracket. a personal highlight for we was that whenever we handed my list to someone with a lot of armor we pretty much guaranteed to pick the other list, something about having 16 darklances with -4 AP scared them, though i was able to nuke one knight and hurt another turn one during one game, scared the crap out of the guy.

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Golem2God

A neat converted army I found on the Warhammer reddit:
    [​IMG]

Section9 and jherazob like this.
  20. Golem2God

[​IMG]
    BunkSB from reddit made this coffee table. I think it is an amazing idea. Wouldn't be neat to have something like this in your home?

Xeurian, Wolf, Del S and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation