1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Teach him "GW wargaming" and he'll be poor for a lifetime.

It's eminently possible to get started in this hobby, even AT 28mm, and not go broke or be poor forever - just not the GW way.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I feel like the PanO/Taucomparison falls down when you take into account that while both are "shooting" armies, Tau actually have a bad BS on their statline, while PanO tend to have best-in-class.

FatherKnowsBest and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Which is strange/interesting when you consider the markerlight hell they can rain down from across the battlefield or from above.

4. Golem2God

Thank God for ebay and second hand sales. Bitz lots, don't forget bits lots.

5. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

That's just a crapload of Forward Observers though

Golem2God, chromedog and toadchild like this.
  6. Golem2God

Both do a quite similar job when you think about it.

Del S likes this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Given how a single Markerlight hit can make an entire squad more easily hit, I think reflecting that in PanO BS instead of all the FOs is reasonable.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Golem2God

Speaking of Tau and their "bring into the fold" philosophy it was only a matter of time before someone made this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It was done for spesh mahreens first, though. "Friendship is heresy".

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Wow.

That's wrong on so many levels!

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  11. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I have watched this with my own eyes, this can never be unseen though i wish it so.

ev0k likes this.
  12. Golem2God

While the Astartes ponies is something that wouldn't fly in 40k's universe, there is a possibility that the Imperium of Man would accept the species on planet/world of MLP:FIM because they are species that were on Holy Terra. However, I don't see Equestria willingly agreeing to be part of the Imperium when they find some of the dirty aspects of Mankind's empire. Perhaps Griffins and a few other species wouldn't care as much or actually like the Imperium of Man. For example the Griffin species could fit right in due to how much the double headed eagle is held as a national symbol of the Imperium. The populous of man would mostly be fine with an alien species that clearly matches something from Holy Terra's ancient history. So integrating all of the Equestrian planet into mankind would be possible.

On the other hand, the Tau would have a better chance to absorb the entire planet and their species into their fold. Celestia would be far more attracted to the idea of the Greater Good than Imperial ways. With her being a powerful political force in the MLP:FIM universe I could see her using her sway for the rest of the major species of the planet to join the Tau instead of the Imperium. As for the bad aspects of the Tau, I wonder how well the Etherals could hide certain things for the MLP:FIM populous. Perhaps something would be uncovered, perhaps not. But the possibility that some number of the different species might "disappear" only to end up in the Farsight Enclaves. There is alot of possible outcomes to this idea still the only factions that would absorb or allow this universe's characters/species are Mankind or Tau.

jherazob likes this.
  13. saint

so fun lore bit, humanity does have a number of "client" species within its domain, these are species that are namely confined to one planet, slowly dying, or just can't/won't get in the Imperiums way and aren't worth destroying. these where mostly established during the Great Crusade and as such most record of it are lost in the byzantine annals of the Imperial archives so that when these civilizations send tribute to the Imperium as stipulated by the treaties allowing them to live, they get vaporized. And this is largely chalked up to the price of doing business with the Humanity.

oh and speaking of video's since this is the group here thats most likely interested in this sort of thing, some friends of mine have started doing batreps, bi-weekly 40K so far but some of us are hoping to get them to branch out into other things.

I'm the poor schmuck playing Guard.

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Golem2God

@saint That is a very interesting bit of lore. I remember the part of aliens in the Great Crusade but not about the part of them getting exterminated due to the current Imperium forgetting an old treaty. Also thank you for the video link. I'll check your friends' work out from time to time.

15. Golem2God

Well it's nice to meet you Flynn. I'm more into the Tempestus Scions than the whole Imperial Guard in general. I've been thinking for building a small Killteam sized Human/Gue'vesa Tau force and maybe expand it into a full fledged army. I'll post some pics when I get the conversion pieces and glue them together.
    The other 40k faction I'm interested in is Dark Eldar particularly the Haemonculus part of the faction. There are other ideas I have liek a female Necron force using Grimskull/Wargames Exclusive conversion parts and models. Perhaps I should build a Necron Killteam as well?

By the way, nice looking Valhallans.

16. saint

I'm quite happy with the color scheme, execution doesn't hold up well to my current standard but i don't know if i'm really willing to go back over 100+ Infantry models, maybe all the tanks though that seems achievable...

playing the Guard is a calling, not a choice, you can always tell when someone plays them for passion or because of the meta. But funnily enough i've just started to wind down on the building of a Drukhari army, mostly Kabal, though some cult and coven units as well. My Guardsmen are whichever regiment i want them to be, Mordian, Cadian, and Vostryan all serve a pretty decent purpose but the way the Valhallan trait affects tanks is beyond great. though i did learn that (stupidly) to use the Send in the Next Wave strategemI I not only need to burn several of my finite amount of command points but i also need to leave the relevant points open when during list construction, fucking WAAC players ruining everything.

Kill-team is the gateway to a new army thats how I got into the Drukhari so start anything cautiously.

some of the Drukhari because I'm quite proud of them:
    Drukhari2.jpg
    drukhari1.jpg

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

They look very nice in those colors. Have you played them yet? If so any interesting events that transpired during the matches?

18. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

If you like 40k setting and infinity rules, why not just make some rules for 40k armies in Infinity and do both?

I've had about half a dozen games with my Orks vs my opponents Space Wolves or Dark Eldar this way and its been pretty enjoyable coming up with rules to represent the units and then jamming them on the table

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  19. Golem2God

That sounds brilliant. Worth a shot in my book.
    That would make any units available in Killteam eligible to play in Infinity then. Plus add a T.A.G. unit for the faction if possible. Such as the Dreadnought for Astartes both loyalist and traitor. The Crisis Suit for the Tau. Hive Tyrant for the Nids, Sentinel for the Guard (loyalist/tratior) & Gene Cult, Killa Kan for Orks, Cronos/Talos for Dark Eldar, Wraithlord for Eldar, Canoptek Spiders for Necrons, Daemons get a Daemon Price.
    Basically nothing that needs a base bigger than 60mm. Plus since the lists are small in amount of models taking bits from ebay to customize your force is much cheaper.
    I can imagine some of the possible lists. Ork, Eldar, Astartes bike lists. Heavy Infantry list with MegaNobs & Terminators. It opens a bunch of nice ideas.
    And the Necromunda models could make good Mercs for the armies to have. Kroot should be part of this Merc contingent as well.

#99 Golem2God, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation