1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Indeed you know little of ORCs, if you go hunting them in this fashion."

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Riquende, Jul 10, 2018.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

I also argue we support those tags better than other factions

ambisinister and Stiopa like this.
  2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Tik-tok-tik-tok-tikBALANG! :sunglasses:

3. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

gotta love the murderous little horse demon

4. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the MULTI Rifle ORC get Markmanship L2

5. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

@Plebian
    One more advantage of ORC/Kamau mixed links: I might actually try using the Kamau Paramedic on something if an ORC goes down.

As for the broader topic of PanO not having nice things... If CB is ever stuck on what exactly they want to do with PanO, I want them to have threads like this where they can potentially find an epiphany. I don't think any of our ideas will ever get recreated, but it may spark some creativity.

I also think the Skull face paint on the redesigned ORC dossier is a sign of life as far as love/creativity towards Varuna. It's sad to say, but that's a much more interesting and characterful look than anything else we've seen recently. I'm already okay playing a sectorial thats nothing but Kamau, bots and Crocs, so i dont lose anything by hoping. I'm interpreting that skull as a positive sign.

6. barakiel

Definitely a nice wish.

The ORC character would be a good platform for unique weaponry, equipment or skills.

I don't know if CB has any fans from The Expanse, but Roberta "Bobby" Draper as the inspiration for the ORC character would be a money maker. What better character to have for Varuna than an amazing power armor-clad NCO depicted by an individual of Pacific Island descent?

For loadouts:
    Marksman Rifle, or SMG + Xvisor, or Drop Bears would all be interesting. Or even some utili-kit like Sensor or Sniffer.

Since we're seeing characters get a lot of diversity in the shape of Fire Team Options versus lone profile, it's a chance to make this character very diverse. Having her run solo with an auxbot would be fascinating, though maybe there's the concern she'd look too much like a character Guarda de Assalto (and that's a problem... When the identifying characteristic of a unit is merely that it has an Auxbot, it makes it harder to share that cool piece of tech around for other units to benefit from... The Guarda used to be define by having higher-than-average MOV value as well as Auxbot, but when most HI became 4-4, that advantage was lost.)

If the ORC character has SMG + Xvisor and drop bears though, I'd gladly run in her in Varuna. I might even run her in NCA and Acon, if she becomes available to all PanO Sectorials that can take ORCs.

#26 barakiel, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF, Stiopa and ambisinister like this.
  7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, because PanO has a good track of unique characters with unique skills ..... (Joan and partially Fersen being only good ones, while Bipandra, Konstantionos, Rao and Singh are utterrly.... "bad")
    Well we already have female ORC character confirmed.....

8. barakiel

This would be CB's chance to change the phenomenon of PanO characters. And yes, female ORC in PanO's most Oceanic Sectorial? I think this is a perfect opportunity for a good classic homage. Bonus points if CB keeps her armor big, and doesn't make her look like a stick figure.

ambisinister likes this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Anyone willing to take a bet ?;P

10. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

ORC Engineer. SMG+DEP (or P-Faust).
    ORC Feuerbach.
    ORC CQB. 2 LSG or an HSG, d-charges.
    ORC Marksman. MMR or MULTI MMR, Marksmanship L1.

Specific to SAA:
    ORC Combi+HFT
    ORC MSV1+MMR
    ORC Minelayer, Monomines, Combi Rifle.

Specific to NCA:
    ORC HMG Nanoscreen
    ORC Drop Bears, Haris with Bolts
    ORC Paramedics have Medjectors instead of Medikits.

Specific to Varuna:
    ORC 2x SMG, d-charges
    ORC BSG, Eclipse LGL
    ORC MMR, Fatality L2.

Gratuitous wishlisting ahoy! Also hella profile bloat because ORCs already have like 6 profiles.

theradrussian likes this.
  11. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I actually really like ORCs, although I am a sucker for the under dog units.

They're in a tough spot – our faction has great HI with some good flavor to them. ORCs aim to be a vanilla beat stick in a faction of bigger and better beat sticks (our TAGs).

I would like to see some interesting profiles on the ORC. something like a spec ops unit, outfit for very specific but different situations. akin to the Ryuken unit 9.

A "jungle fighter variant" with jungle terrain, msv 1, HFT, Marksmen rifle
    A "Night Fighter/ espionage" with mimetism, BSG, forward deploy, repeater
    A "Sea fighter" aqua terrain, Multi sniper, climbing plus

Just some ideas, something to actually incentivize you to take them.

12. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

I’d like to see Tinbot A swapped for Tinbot B. We’re supposed to rely on technology and Tinbots are explicitly stated to be very simple tech, so why does PanO have the worst version?
    Breaker combi rifles in place of combi rifles so the feel more exotic and can hunt tougher enemies.
    HRL or ML so they have more long range options than the HMG and can pull ARO duty if needed, add a light shotgun too for close range work.
    A template weapon (nanopulser) for the rifle profiles to help against camo.
    Otherwise, the grenades or reduced PH would be nice.
    Really like the idea of some NCA and SAA specific profiles with say auxbots or glue guns or KHD.

13. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I wouldnt even call defersen good in the land of killer hackers.

Ive certainly never fielded him.

Which makes me think a killer hacker profile on the sepulcher would be neat, specially since he could surprise hack from marker state.

14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well it's more about KHD than poor Fersen himself. You know I've even created topic on this matter on old forums....

(tbh I don't think I've fielded him since KHD introduction)

15. barakiel

I'll be curious to see if Varuna gets a Killer Hacker profile at all. I don't know that ORCs will necessarily get one... It doesn't feel thematic, and I don't know that we've ever seen Line Heavy Infantry get that kind of profile. The Croc Man is a good possibility though, especially since Spektrs (an almost identical unit to the Croc) have gotten a KHD profile that's for Sectorial use only.

16. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

What? The Avatar is really easy to build a list with... I mean you only really got one or two good ones to pick from so that makes it pretty easy =D

17. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Those lists are easy to counter if you are the first player though. I can be hard to kill more than 2 troops if you want to bring it back in order to put it in a safe place in your DZ. That's not a TAG that you throw away like an Anaconda.

daboarder likes this.
  18. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

BS15 MULTI HMG + ODD + Suppressive fire and WIP17 Sepsitor+ are really good defense tools.

19. Rey

Rey Crabbots lead the way

Back in the day it was so much fun to charge an Avatar with linked Teutons and chop it into pieces, but now... poor Teutons. Also, rules for Sepsitor do not state that it needs the target to have a Cube, it's only mentioned in the Sepsitorized state. Needs a fix in the "Requirements" section, I guess.

20. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

There's no fix needed, a trooper without a Cube simply fails to enter Sepsitorized state if they fail the BTS Roll. They're still going to be subject to Guts Rolls etc.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation