1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In what order did you deploy that?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mahtamori, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Anecdotal as it is, people also take their rulers when moving and bend it around the corner of buildings when walking around them, not properly measuring the quarter-half-radius circle that IJW has confirmed you have to measure, effectively saving 0.5" every time they round a corner. So that people in practice do something doesn't mean they follow the rules.

The whole argument is here is that there are players in my meta who are extremely keen on how the rules can be used to deduce information* and they want to be able to limit the amount of misinformation they get from the opponent. One player who thought that the minelayer shell game and misinformation was part of the game asked me whether I knew of what CB's stance on the matter was as most people feel alienated by the forums and when I found I didn't know I put the question out here to hear what people thought.

* as an example; the rules-established assumption that automatic skills are always used means that these players (and I count myself among them) can use that rule to sus out the few non-Stealth units in hidden identities because of how it forces the player to declare movement skills with it. That kind of clever game mechanics...

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Hear hear!

3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I still maintain that stealth is a mechanically broken rule that just needs to die in a fire already.

Ashtroboy and Mahtamori like this.
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I think it's fine if you:
    A) need to announce you use it
    B) it prevents AROs declared vs that target from being valid when checked at Step 5

But that's OT.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  5. Qwerinaga

Qwerinaga Active Member

So the answer is "No"? Do I understand correctly what conclusion you came to?

6. Jumara

Jumara Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell the rules dont say anywere.

I would play that you are allowed to place the Mine after the trooper but not necessary immediately after.

Usually I place my Minelayer Libertos with his mine together in Dashat (lack of real infiltration Minelayer) and it is not clear for many opponents which one the mine is, or that there is even a mine at all.

So for me it is usually the more importent part to deplay minelayers NOT prone.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation