1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impressions from a new player

Discussion in 'New Users' started by blueskies_overhead, Feb 11, 2019.

1. blueskies_overhead

So far loving this incredible game. The "operation icestom" starter and its sister set "operation red veil" are very well designed and and great value for starting out.

In the interest of making this game the best it can be and helping recruit even more players, thought I would post some ideas for improving the starter sets even more:

1) Include assembly instructions for the miniatures. It wasn't until my 4th or 5th miniature that I realized that the tabs on the bottom on the miniature fitted into the plastic "slot" you have to cut out on the base. In addition I threw away some antennas thinking they were probably scrap. Now on my 40th or so I know what I am doing, but you ideally want the starter set to be as helpful as possible.

2) Include tutorial cards in the intro boxes. Yes, eventually everyone will print an army list. But having to flip through the book constantly for newbies is annoying. What I did was photocopy the unit and weapons cards for the first few missions and put them on posterboard. No huge deal, but some tutorial cards for beginners would be fantastic while learning.

3) Make "beyond icestorm" and "beyond red veil" include more than just miniatures. Add another poster to make the game map twice as large and more cardboard terrain. Include missions 6-10 which you currently have to download and I didn't even know existed until someone told me about them. Ideally after buying these you would have enough to play full games of infinity for the armies you have.

4) This is very minor and not a huge deal. Including faction specific dice in the intro set would be fun. Also the tokens could be vastly improved. Either plastic or thick cardboard. The stock tokens don't last very long unless you put protectors on them.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation