1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impersonators in N4

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by H4WTD4WG, Nov 29, 2020.

1. H4WTD4WG

H4WTD4WG New Member

How is everybody using our impersonators? I've only really tried using kiutaans to annoy people with EM mines next to their deployment zone. How do I best use Jan Staar and the Greif Operator? How many of these guys are you putting in your lists?

2. FinalNemesis

FinalNemesis Member

Personally I have been finding the Igao (Mirrorball) more my speed. I tend to put them in a similar category to the impersonator, basically a unit that will most certainly die but will often take out something expensive of my opponents first or make them spend lots of orders to kill it.

I usually take one unit in each combat group from this category. Either 2 Igao or an Igao and an impersonator. Generally you won't have orders to pump into more of them.

Re choosing the impersonators I usually go a Kiutaan with E/M as you mention, a great way to take out enemy HI attack pieces. Alternatively I take the Greif operator, partly because it is super cheap and also the MSV1 can be useful, especially now it sees through smoke.

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Command token to reserve two models and then dropping a Kiuutan and a bomb Kaeltar seems pretty scary to me, though it's also pretty telegraphed.

ChoTimberwolf and RobertShepherd like this.
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

So seeing that Jaan has +1B on his Viral Pistols, and that this translates into active turn CC, how well does he work as a suprise-attacking CC unit? -6 to the enemy and burst 2 to attack seems solid, even lacking any kind of MA skill, but I'm curious to hear how well it works in practice compared to shooting.

5. Metal730

Metal730 Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think it's situationally another great tool for him to have (much better odds to CC a Dog Warrior with Viral Pistols then shoot vs their grenades) but it doesn't change the role I take him for. I take him to gut orders and kill as many soft targets as possible before getting stuck in somewhere and being really annoying.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

If u take Jan, you cant take kiiutan any more if over sight.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation