1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im loooking for a group to play the rpg with

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by dhellfox, Dec 15, 2019.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm in, I'll play something from Bakunin(ish) with an ~NMF background. I'll wait to build something to fit into what rolls are missing. But my recent experience in the other forum PBP suggests combat REM operator is fun.

I think a relatively KISS approach could be worthwhile to ensure that we're a cohesive squad.

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Yes, very good. . .

A Mecha-Rigger (from Shadowrun "Hackers" specializing in piloting Semi-Independent Drones) is quite an useful add-on to the group

A "Zond Mulebot" (with surprise pop-up weapons) for covert mission; a "Tsyklon" (the flying ones, immortalized in the Ooutrage Manga dogfighting against the Crew dropship) with Heavy Weapons mounted on the chassis when the "Manure-Hit-The-Fan" happens. . .

3. inane.imp

The Tsyklons that already exist are scary enough out of the box. Even Zondbots can pack a punch with just a couple of Hacking programs. No need to do anything out of the ordinary, they're good as is.

stevenart74 likes this.
  4. stevenart74

You are Mercenaries paid by the Ariadnan Government AND by their Nomads and Haqqislamite Allies. . .

Could as well build an ENTIRE Zond with 100% Pure Teseum. . . . .!!!

5. inane.imp

Because KISS. Using off the shelf stats is a lot simpler for everyone :)

stevenart74 likes this.
  6. stevenart74

Even the HYPOTHTETHICAL "Rogue A.I. Shard" (for a Player interested in creating so) could be housed in a Cybernetic Lhost body made of Teseum (either pure or alloyed with other "Handwavium / Unobtanium" Materials) that will be on the "Achilles Oplythe" Level. . .

. . . . .

No REALLY. . .

The Players decides the Level and think on the "Setting Difficulties". . .

You voted for "Keep-It-Simple-Stupid"; let's hear the consensus of all. . . . .!!!

7. inane.imp

That's covered by Rogue AI builds in the Aleph source book. They're an interesting character build option.

I have idly considered a True AI with a Tinbot...

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, it'd be really cool to join with a Tohaa character if possible and explore that stuff. Especially with the flexibility they have, a Kiel Saan or Gorgos are just a suit, just another Symbiont to choose from. The phero-hacking has great potential as well. There seems to be a known cooperation between some human sphere factions and Tohaa (and interaction with supposed Tohaa projects such as Antipodes on Dawn) while the current situation of the race might increase those situations.

Are we going to play via Discord? I think that would be convenient and I already know proper bots to roll dice and so on. I could set up a server in just a few minutes.

If were talking "power levels" personally I'd rather not go all out top tier because it will be harder to top it and enemies will quickly become ridiculous. Something more "street level", maybe street-level plus? I mean, basic enemy mooks being your default Enemy Faction's Light Infantry, you get the gist.

inane.imp likes this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

If not Tohaa, I'm all for joining with something Ariadna, maybe something a bit weirder like a Wulver or Dog Warrior? Just an idea.

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. stevenart74

Discord I'm considering, but have ENOUGH Problems with ITALIAN Servers for other Games, just now. . .

At the Moment we WILL START with Play-By-Text housed into this very Site. . .

11. inane.imp

If it's Discord I can't make it. Already committed my fixed time slots. Play by post I'm in.

Don't let me stop you doing a Discord thing though, I've got a chunk of Infinity RPG in my life though so happy to miss this :)

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  12. stevenart74

Dogwarrior NO, Wulver or "Uplifted" Antipode YES. . .

Gorgos TAG NO, Heavy Powered Biotech Armour YES. . .

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  13. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

I didn't understood you were referring to what character I wanted to play.

I wouldn't mind going Haqqislam for my character
    Tthe role though...
    - medic/bioengineer working close with the black laboratories?
    - hassassin/husam under cover?
    - djianbazan/al fasid style merc?
    - something a la Rock from Black Lagoon/QK legate?

Otherwise, I might go with anything to complement the rest of the group

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. stevenart74

Decide between Players; I will Gamemaster gladly whatever is the Players want. . .!!

15. stevenart74

Forgot to say a rather IMPORTANT Detail. . .!!

The "Minotaurs Mercenary Brigade" agreement with the Ariadnan Federation is to recover BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY the Teseum and Nessium "Stolen" by Foreign Mining / Raider concerns. . .!!

They include A LOT of "Former Space Operatives" of the Nomads and Haqqislamite Navies, especially to retake BY FORCE the Metal "Rightfully Ariadnan" that is mined in the OTHER Planets / Asteroids / Planetoids of the Dawn stellar system. . .!!

Some avid Panoceanian Megacorp or wily Yujingese "Triad Cartel" think to be SAFE from the "Primitives' Retaliation" by staying many AUs away from Planet Dawn. . .??

Then a "Nomad Repair Barge" or an "Haqqislam Cargo Freighter" will CONVENIENTLY disgorge some "Void Minotaurs" to pay a little visit. . .!!

After all there is "Plausible Deniability" in the MANY "Roving Pirate Gangs" plaguing the Solar-Star System of Dawn!!!!

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  16. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

@stevenart74 open my slot to anyone, im looking for more of an audio/visual based group game around a set time. sorry if i wasn't clearer in my writing.

inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  17. stevenart74

No Problem, to each its own. . .

I'm struggling A LOT with Discord with My fellow Italian Roleplayers, would NOT even try an Engish / Worldwide Timezones one. . .

Will be doome d to fail from the very start. . .

Hope You'll find the BEST Discord Server group for Your needs. . .!!

18. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Same with me. Play-by-post is more up my alley. Maybe when I move in the future I can try discord but until then I don't see it happening.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. stevenart74

I Think that We could safely move from there to the dedicated "Minotaurs" threads. . .!!

20. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

In one of the Infinity RPG books it has a scenario example of Aleph actually doing that same thing. A PanO corp finds and mines an asteroid of Teseum. When Aleph catches wind of this it/she plans to "take" the Teseum mined give it to the Ariadnans so as to not upset the balance of power in the Human Sphere. Pretty much what the Minotuars job description is.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation