1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll leave this out there for us to salivate over ...

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by oldGregg, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You sure that's me? My opinion is the Uprising fluff was badly written and full of plot holes.

2. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

3. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Are things like X-visors problematic too then?

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Rarely.

The problem is when a B4 shooter at BS4 is getting a 30% chance to win the FtF, even against someone on BS12 (+3 for link, +3 for range, -3 for cover for a final of BS15!).

Mask likes this.
  5. oldGregg

Uuuhhhh ...

uh ... so back on topic ... I think we should be getting a better look at these Khawarij this week. I’ve been mulling over the color scheme I want to go for, and have been having a pretty hard time wanting to do anything besides the studio standard red turbans. Does anyone else have big plans, or are we all waiting with baited breath?

6. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

I literally have not rolled the number one in my last 4 games. A statistical oddity for sure but is FAT2 really that broken outside of Mathfinity? I find statistical chance of something and practical experiences are never quite the same.

Back on topic:
    I keep getting Khawarji's killed easily. I have NFI how I'm going to handle a fireteam of them. I don't seem to be good with planning my super-jumps.

A Mão Esquerda and oldGregg like this.
  7. oldGregg

No. As discussed, it is not a broken rule. Are you excited for the new khawarij box @Shoitaan? I am!

Shoitaan likes this.
  8. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

I honestly am but, given my ineptitude with them I'll probably be running Ghulam links in RTF until I get better. Too much time playing hyperpower. Fast squish is a new concept to me.

oldGregg likes this.
  9. oldGregg

I’ve found they excel at attacking models that aren’t covered by more than one ARO. I only use super-jump to carefully maneuver into an area that allows this to happen. (Split-level buildings allow for more advanced maneuvers). A key thing to remember is that the khawarij isn’t likely to survive getting hit, so spend the extra order to get behind a defender. 360 visor can be a pain and is a great counter to this, which is a big reason why I’m so excited for the MSV2 profile. I’m hoping rtf get some sweet smoke throwers to help us out.

To sum it up; I often swing wide with the khawarij and then cut in behind/over vulnerable targets. Sometimes you have to make holes with another unit before this can happen. (Oftentimes - and that hole doesn’t necessarily mean killing something).

Edit:
    And remember to save an order or two for retreating to the safety of a roof or hard-to-reach corner. Bonus points if it’s a spot you can lob grenades from without moving.

Shoitaan likes this.
  10. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Sorry for the derail, but when is Ramah supposed to show up? If this 4 fig box is the start it is kind of a strange roll-out compared to the lead up to Varuna and Invincible Army.

Thanks!

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

The current Vanilla Haqqislam box should be the box for Ramah too. And till now, Ramah isn't confermed yet.

12. Ben Kenobi

oldGregg likes this.
  13. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

The second N in March, hopefully.

14. Ben Kenobi

Don't would bet on this.

15. oldGregg

16. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just to have them in the thread...

oldGregg and Deltervees like this.
  17. oldGregg

Every time I see them, I start opening my wallet.

Solar, Zewrath and Modock like this.
  18. Ben Kenobi

Good to know it's only the wallet.

Solar, Zewrath, Shoitaan and 2 others like this.
  19. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I wish they were coming out this month....but also its nice to see a confirmation that RTF is coming this year in the article.

20. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Of course I can't, but other cases will involve better rangebands, better mods picture and will end up not being BS4 vs BS17 with critical 1s. The result can definitely still be 30% to wound.

30% is still 30% no matter whether it's achieved with Fat2, mimetic linked platform, weapon with good rangeband or otherwise. In the end it's still 30% and it's subpar.

Stop focusing on resulting BS, especially when talking about a model that doesn't get its (bad in this situation) result because of mods.

By the same token, it's not productive to think what would be the best thing to do with abstract Spitfire because we aren't talking about abstract Spitfire, but specific units with specific rules.
    Abstract weapons don't exist in Infinity outside of their platforms unless you play Spec-ops.

As good as comparing any two models with combis because they have combis, nevermind that they can perform vastly different with those guns depending on their rules, and that doesn't always boil down to "strictly worse" and "strictly better".

And this passage is true even if we are talking about Fat2 Spitfire model.
    It's still a bad tool, but it's somewhat better than a few others. Just like using a linked HMG is better than using unlinked one, for example, or whatever relevant mod you can think of.

Again, true. But let's not forget that leveraging that spitfire may or may not be the best play at all, and so we also need to compare presented options (shoot spitfire; come closer and shoot with it) to possible plays with other troops. And turns out that the game at large has much better options than those, while being as braindead as shooting spitfire from DZ. Because, duh, that solution is "shoot something very versatile and dangerous from DZ". It doesn't really take more thought.

The encouragement is purely psychological here though. Some people just like crits and will be happier remembering matches in a week if they rolled them than hey would be if they won roughly same shootouts in any practical manner. If your opponent takes this bait, it only works against him in the long run.

I get it that we occasionally want Infinity to be even less about winning something with a hail mary, that's natural for someone who think he did everything he could to affect the outcome, so I can see why Fat2 can be seen as not really healthy, what's with it barely doing anything other than turning atrocious odds into terrible ones, but I will argue against it being called "strong rule".

If the former is what you're arguing about, than I can't really disagree here. It still does more than just upsets fans of determinism because there are still some approaches that work around Fat2 to some extent, if not many.

Frankly, I strongly disagree that 30% win odds is a firefight you should be taking on your active turn. It's a sure sign you need to seek another move, and if there's none to be found, chances are you're either outplayed already, or are facing bad matchup you should start thinking about salvaging later.

At least, that's my opinion.

#200 Barrogh, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation