1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If There Were A PanOceania Blog, I Would Want It To Cover...

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I know I would have spent a large quantity of cash on white uniforms that stayed white while in the US Navy (I was in when Summer Whites were still a thing).

And my PanO Fusilier Sniper is painted using the various WW2 desert colors, with a red beret.

Thandar and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

I would want batrep and exploration of PanO's less favored stuff.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

you think thats good, my next trick is TAG+multiple AD, and Im looking at doing PanO hacking doctrine.

realder, ThananRollice, Zsolt and 2 others like this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Happy to give you another place to share those.

daboarder likes this.
  5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Now go and make videos for the community :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  6. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Since PanO is the Good Guys (tm) it should be about playing clean, fair games. Especially in narrative campaigns.

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Exactly! If you by fair and clean game you mean obliterate anything that's in the way of Pano and it's interests.

injenegr likes this.
  8. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

So I’ve read the Massed Armor thread up and down, but it would be really cool to actually see a real-time batrep for reference, possibly with a post-mortem analysis of timestamped decisions and critical observations. It’s been done for Warmachine in the past but I also understand that it has a huge production value and takes a lot of time. Even one or two such reports could really help explain the thoughts presented.

I’d do it myself but I lack the tactical acumen to both play a high level game like that successfully, and to explain it afterwards.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

How to correctly paint Ta Moko.

Section9 and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  10. derbrizon

Narratively speaking: I would only use bots to clear mines, and avoid suicidal attacks at all cost. The Good Guys don't tolerate a low value for human life. Unless it's the enemy's.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

What? Why? All the dudes have cubes and military issued insurance!

#atleastwearenotcommies

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

there actually is a real life example in that thread, the Seraph+Jotum play by play.

That being said, Im playing TAGs again so Id be happy to start doing a collection of games to demonstrate them on the table, honesty the biggest issue for me is getting photos, I tend to forget midway through the game when I am concentrating

ThananRollice, Zsolt and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  13. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I believe 'smart' uniforms/materials have been mentioned before so it's not really that surprising. :P

chromedog likes this.
  14. derbrizon

It's not Altered Carbon. Resurrection is described as inordinately expensive and in combat not guaranteed, right? The odds of casevaccing your specop in paradise was extremely low. Like 5-15%

15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

What I'd want from a PanO blog?
    Loads and loads of batreps. Especially for tournaments or using the same list in several matchups with postmortem analysis.

ThananRollice, AdmiralJCJF and Zsolt like this.
  16. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Pano are not the good guys. It's a capitalist utopia, ruled by companies and their interests, with the best and most expensive army out there, bullying anybody that threatens their being number one. It's the stereotypical USA (without the US) in space, turned up a notch or two.

We are not the good guys, we are the biggest, meanest bully with the most expensive marketing.

Nobody cares about the poor fusilier recruit, who just got his training and combi rifle and a shot in the belly, apart from that training was expensive and he lost his rifle. He can wait his line in the cube bin, until his insurance can pay for another body.

Also, resurrection was really expensive in altered carbon, not to mention online back up and creating your own bodies. Regular dudes just got a slightly messed up body of a stranger that was 20 years older and of a different sex.

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Section9

Actually, Resurrection if KIA used to be part of the military insurance packages, with massive payouts if, for whatever reason, your Cube wasn't viable. (Let's face it, catching an AP round to the Cube shouldn't be very likely, but it can happen. So can being within AOE of someone's EM grenade...)

It wasn't until the Paradiso Campaign and all the EI-used Cube-destroying (or perverting) nastiness nearly bankrupted several militaries that Resurrection Insurance was no longer a guarantee. Pretty sure that was in C:P's "Welcome to Paradiso" fluff, so I think it got pulled into HSN3...

derbrizon and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  18. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I look forward to demonstrating, with the latest setting and background material, all the ways in which this view is false.

And the limited ways in which it might be somewhat correct... ;-)

Thandar, Death and Zsolt like this.
  19. Section9

You mean that you're going to prove how PanO is a Capitalist Dystopia? :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Man, I'd rather live on one of Pano's planets then in some of the other factions. I'd rather not live on one of the nomad motherships for example. They are awesome places for roleplaying but not so much for me IRL. Turns out IRL I am not some badass wanted on multiple worlds.

#40 Death, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Thandar, Minos, TaHu and 1 other person like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation