1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If having hidden info a public info?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Tanan, Feb 5, 2023.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Yes, I do realize that, it is the same situation when the N3 FAQ introduced it as ruling, we had the same discussions back then some people really disliked that their 1 model HD (or AD) second combat group must be revealed if the opponent questions how many combat groups the opponent has in the deployment phase.

"Tryhards" is a loaded term, one can see the player using the rules to deduce if there are hidden models as one, one can see players trying to use the rules to hide the existence of such models as one.

As it stands, multiple combat groups cannot exist if the list does not contain more than 10 troops, to create other combat groups the list must contain more than 10 models and each combat group must have troopers assigned to it.

This forces anybody wanting to use holoprojectors and holomask in a 10 models list to create the illusion of more than 10 models list impossible, the orders count step of the turn also disrupts such mind games even if it is more than 10 models and two combat groups, you can even deduce the existence of decoys and mines from the orders count step, why should there be something different in making the deduction of AD and HD models?

A Mão Esquerda and Tanan like this.
  2. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I know a lot of players who do this, and I've never seen one of them eat up time. We mostly play with timed matches, about 1:30hours matches. I don't see any issue with this kind of mind games and I even lost a game for it (I laughed out loud and congratulated my opponent for duping me).

While I am against stalling, I don't think this kind of stuff is that bad. There are worse ways to stall things.

3. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Source? (Both on creating and deleting)

I've never read this or heard anything like this.

Both creating and deleting group makes no sense. There is absolutely no reason to create a new group mid-game and deleting a group is not only counterintuitive, but it would also create some very "gamey" scenarios that are the opposite of what's desirable. (Revealing Hidden Deployment presence mid-game).

I don't like using the app as an example (but since I have never seen any rules mention it I kinda have to), but in the app, you cannot create or delete groups mid-games.

#23 Diphoration, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation