1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas to help you guys out

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by wuji, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Just a short question for you. You say you don't play yu jing and don't want to. So why do you even care?you have put a lot of energy and thought into something that for you is absolutely fruitless.
    You could sage yourself a lot of "harm" if you just leave it at some point.
    There are some users here and it are almost always the same that have a very loud point of view and a very competitive mindset.
    Just do as ervybody else and think your own part and let them have their opinion.

chromedog likes this.
  2. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I legitimately want the game to be better. I've put work in for the whole game, not just factions I've played. I also just stated on the previous page theres only 2 units I found interesting to play YuJing and then listed off what I'd like to see that would make me interested in YuJing enough to want to play it. I'm certain as fuck, everyone here practically crying about shit I say doesnt have a clue about my real motives yet the thread title says it all, "help you guys" I'm starting to think the problem isnt YuJing but as someone else said in another thread, it's a faction identity, people who play YuJing have adopted a mentality of saltiness. Its possibly a psychological connection to the whole YuJing identity of 2nd best, never good enough. That shit is real, people liken themselves to fiction all the time. It might actually be therapeutic to people here for CB to actually make YuJing the best at making optimized Heavy Infantry and has the widest array of skills, equipment and weapons. Being a HI would allow them a degree of survival that is requisite for more expensive optimization and then rely on its wide array of equipment and skills to cover the holes of these optimized troops. Obviously this is a real overhaul but I actually care about YuJing getting better for the game's sake.

But be honest with yourself, why have so many YuJing players joked so often that it's part of being a YuJing player, is to be salty and complain all the time. Their words not mine, and they are YuJing players. There's something mentally wrong with that. And here I am actually trying to help you people. CB actually listens to its players. The second you guys organize, put together a concrete idea of what you want YuJing to be, and put that shit in a poll large enough or write them a real letter like I have. I guarantee you'll see at least 1/3 of your suggestions hit the table. I know this because I've done it, it took long but I dont think it will for YuJing. And I'll make the effort too if you guys figured some shit out.

Daireann likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

One of the biggest gamer's fallacies is that there is room for The Idea Guy. There isn't. Everyone has ideas and visions and if you're trying to make it as The Idea Guy you're in for a rough awakening.

We can discuss things as fans, but we should never delude ourselves that it will lead anywhere but at most give some minor influence and not necessarily where or how we want it.

Even on this forum we've seen some fairly extensive breakdowns and suggestions. Even consensus on concrete changes with limitations to prevent the most heinous unbalanced suggestions (cause let's face it, making something stronger is easier). It just doesn't count for much.

I've only ever seen one guy go the extra mile in the Infinity community to do something more than just being The Idea Guy and design something well formulated, conceptually and more importantly visually.

Hats off to you @Weathercock . Let's hope that TAG takes CB's fancy.

4. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Why do you hate the Haidao so much? No one hates him except for your weird little vendetta. He's cheap and adaptable link glue, and absolutely gorgeous to boot. Hell, I'd be happy with a YJ naval sectorial just to see more of them.

The KHD suffers from the same problem every KHD trooper does at the moment, but is fine otherwise. That's a problem with the role, not the trooper.
    And while the engineer might be outclassed in N4 and the CoC not super necessary for IA, they're not hurting anything.
    MSV2 sniper is a beast.

All of your ideas sound like they come from someone who's never played as Yu Jing and has no idea what the issues even are regarding the faction and its sectorials. And, upon closer reading, that turns out to actually be the case. While there are some pretty broad variance in people's positions on where the problems lie and the scale of them, at least most people involved in such discussions show some level of understanding of concepts and affinity for the faction.

You're not really throwing around any notable ideas here, let alone ones that contribute to any of the issues and themes that people have with the state of Yu Jing. If anything, you completely neglect the things people like about the faction that draws them to it.

If you want to contribute something to the discussion of value instead of trying to jump right into the salt mines, you might want to consider taking the time in learning why people continue to love the faction in spite of its problems in the first place.

Know that your ideas aren't inherently any better or any more thought out than anyone else's, and your perspective is more limited than you think, specifically because you don't acknowledge the limitations in your perspective.

@Mahtamori as much as I'd like to remain hopeful, I wouldn't hold my breath. Although I do want to point out that the Jingwei is an aesthetic study first and foremost. I never went in with the intention of it "fixing Yu Jing" or anything.

Dragonstriker, RolandTHTG and Sedral like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Fair point, fair point. It is contributing far more constructively than just dumping ideas, though.

6. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I hate his BTS and the de facto nature of his second wound, but I sure love how he looks, how he costs and how that MSR sings in a link.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  7. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Debating semantic is kinda pointless yeah.

"It's a lot, and yet it wouldn't take much to improve it." , That's what I said. There are a significant number of issues, but they can be solved with a slight tweak to one thing or two, to make all the cogs fall back into place. For instance, I think giving the kanren some IMP-2 profiles would solve a good half of those.

the huanglong likes this.
  8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

- Eleanor Roosevelt

9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You can tell something or someone is good if they're having fun even while losing...

10. Sedral

Glad to know you're enjoying this little bout more than I do :kissing_heart:

11. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Who the hell would call YJ weak? Vanilla is very good. IA is amazing at what it does, and the thing it does is useful in most missions. WBA isn't weak, main problem here it offers too little extra tools compared to vanilla while being way more limiting than vanilla and one of the things it offers - shang ji point main in li link - can be done by IA already. ISS is the only bad part of YJ. They tried to revitalize it with wildcards and more flexible links but due to edition changes ISS is just outdated. We can all hope that CB realizes this soon and decides to keep some of the best looking units in game and comes out with rework on similar scale as MO recived.

12. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

:smile: I was talking about actually playing YuJing on the table... wow, your head really is in an a antagonistic state. Our conversations done dude. You just went full on insulting.

13. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Well, I dont understand why people complain so much about the sectorials. I've always had a tendency to play smaller lists, that's not the most competitive but the changes dont effect my list building and I've had a soft spot for ISS for years the same as MO even though I've never been fond of either parent faction.

14. Sedral

@wuji If your "- Eleanore Rosevelt" wasn't supposed to be insulting then I apologize, because I definitely felt it was the case.

15. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Are you quoted there?

16. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

And that's precisely why I've told Psychotic storm repeatedly to name people or quote people when he tries to interject on a thread.

I quoted your post cause the words I said after were directed at you. Did you not talk about YuJing in my quote? And did you not talk about YuJing more than you spoke about me? So at least you're to some degree a better/more intelligent human being than the type to talk about the person instead of the idea or the event. But, and it sucks to say but, you still did jump the gun, you assumed even though you were quoted and immediately reciprocated antagonism instead of stopping and thinking, well that was directly offensive and out of the blue. Go back and look at everything I've said, I've not once told anyone here they're stupid, their ideas are stupid or some other attack I have talked about ideas and pointed out the past events of saltiness in YuJing. If you had noticed that you would have been like, hey wuji is directed me cause I thought we were having a reasonable conversation... unless somehow pride got in the way for whatever reason?

And think about what I did say to you. If you're enjoying the game even though you're losing, does that not say something about the game and/or yourself is good? Like, some forces are designed so well, that even if your getting your ass handed to you, you're still enjoying the way your force is playing even when their getting beat. That's good design and good sportsmanship.

17. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I could get behind that, it fits their background. They could make it IS only too if they are worried about empowering vanilla.

18. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

If getting it as ISS only is the only way then sure, go for it for the sake of ISS welfare. But as mainly vanilla player I would love to have this available :)

19. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Noone is, and noone knows what your random post means.

chromedog and Dragonstriker like this.
  20. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Wasnt talking to you was I. But you sure ate ego centric since you believed it was your responsibility to respond for someone else.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation