1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like to state for the record

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Plebian, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

That I absolutely love the change to the Red dice for season 2. It is so much fun!

Flipswitch, -V- and volgo like this.
  2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I am still a bit confused. I would appreciate an experienced member such as yourself who is a native English speaker to state the change clearly and concisely for everyone here. Also there has be a comment that the original rule could still stand for casual games. Please also clarify.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Roughly speaking:

A :8: now gives you a :8: and an additional :2:.
    If used for Switches, you get a total of :2::2: (rather than :2::2: and an additional :2:).

Flipswitch likes this.
  4. Roadrunner7431

So in casual play:8: can be converted to :2::2::2: but in league play :8: is converted to only :2::2:?

Attached Files:

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No? For Rolls it's :8::2:, for Switches it's :2::2:.

6. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I guess an example would make things more clear.

First Situation: Kitchen table game, core rules, no AGL.
    Culprit: Mendoza rolls his :+::-::.: and gets all blanks except :8:. He also has an switch that says: :2:: Target gets :A:.
    I hope it's clear enough til now.
    Now, Mendoza has two options, either he lets his :8: go through and deal :4:, or change his :8: for :2::2: to do switches, and only switches. So he decides to do just that and swap the critical success for :A::A:.

Second Situation: League game, AGL 2.0 enforced.
    Culprit: Same aristo, same roll, same switch.
    Now, when the switch phase begins, the new AGL says to add :2: to the roll when you roll a :8:. So right now the situation is :8::2:. BUT, the new AGL also says that the :8: symbol doesn't transfer to :2::2: anymore for switches. Just a regular :2:.
    So, Mendoza's options now are more varied. He could:
    • Not do any switches, applying :8::2: as it is.
    • Switch them all, using both symbols to place :A::A: on the defender.
    • Something in the middle, switching a single symbol to deal :8::A: or :2::A:, depending on what is the player looking for.
    I hope I didn't make the situation more confusing!

Croepoek likes this.
  7. tartopom

tartopom Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

Just a small precision though, all of this is valid if, and only if, :8: has not been cancelled by :7:.

8. Roadrunner7431

I think I am starting to understand. In effect the AGL 2.0 changes one face of the red die from :8: only to :8::2:. If it made economic sense, it would be as if CB included in its AGL 2.0 Kit a new red die to substitute for the ones that come in the core set or the current sets of extra dice. Please correct me if I am in error.

9. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Yes, that's a broad way of putting it.
    Keep in mind though that if we go technical, the extra :2: added comes at the beginning of the Switch Phase, so something like :I:Stunned, that cancels a :2: before the Switch Phase, can't affect this new :2: because it just wasn't there before.
    So, in practice it's as you said, it's like CB changed one face of the die, UNLESS the aristo rolling :8: is :I:stunned, in which case you have to pay a closer look to these weird details.

I don't know if they had this particular interaction in mind when they thought the new AGL. But it's kind of awkward and a bit counter-intuitive. Luckily I don't think it happens often, although with Legendary Bahadurs being half stunners it just might.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation