1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Great paints on your outbound Corregidor! Really love the faces (your Gromoz re-do taught me something thanks) and the two-tone hair on the lady with the upright gun.

Looking forward to seeing your Gator proxy.

burlesford likes this.
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Great colors, these miniatures should look fantastic on a spaceship table.

If you are still looking for heads or bits, I made some recaps for my community here (mostly stl files, however, the quality of the pre-format is not 100%.), you might be interested.
    free stl looking infinity
    not free stl looking infinity
    heads compatible scale infinity

On the web I saw hey_bert_8d, who made some nice conversions with anime heads, if you haven't see, it could give you ideas for the kosmofen. https://www.instagram.com/hey_bert_8d/

Speaking of 3d printing, did you see the video from Graviton? The Human Interface range and their stl's on their patreon unit9 are compatible with the infinity scale, it could be useful for you.

#362 Wizzy, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    Abydog, Rejnhard and burlesford like this.
  3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks! Scroll down ;)

Thanks for those resources! I've already discovered Unit-9. My Volkolak already uses one of their heads, and I'm using even more of them in an upcoming project I will present here soon.

The other links I'll definitely come back to once I'll finally get around to building my table.

Now, for the remaining minis:

My McMurrough is a Dog Warrior with some nice ginger fur and a few Nomad bits all around. The conversion came from a guy in our local community, and I was lucky he sold it to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Gator... well, what could it be except the much superior looking Iguana?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, Nathonicus and 14 others like this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I am happy to tell you that I was able to sell my Corregidor army for the price I wanted. Now that everything is wrapped up, here's the group shot of the lot that will leave my collection for good:

[​IMG]

I can't say I'm not a bit sad to see them go, looking back at how much time and effort I put into them. But at the same time, I just know they would never really see the table, so I'm happy they found a new owner who will appreciate them more than I ever would.

With that said: Bye bye, Corregidor!

redeemer, Abydog, Nathonicus and 14 others like this.
  5. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

That is a marvel of an army!

#365 Modock, Sep 20, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

burlesford likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you!

1. I had too many armies. I realized I had never played Corregidor, and when I thought about playing it, it didn't really excite me. I'm not so much into the "Ex-prison ship full of hardasses and scrappy survivors" kind of fluff of Corregidor. It's why the whole thread is originally about Tunguska — I'm a big cyberpunk fan, which made me fall in love with the whole "shady mafia families and corporations have their own professional army". Tunguska is the most cyberpunk faction in all of infinity to me.
    2. I wanted to trim down on stuff so I could add other things again without feeling bad about it.
    3. I needed money, plain and simple. I have a wedding coming up and could use a last minute boost :)

8. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

So sad you sold these. Hope the new owner takes care of them

9. Golem2God

Understood. It would be a waste to keep a force you don't have a large attachment to.
    I think they will. All the minis are painted real nicely.

Savnock, Koin-Koin and burlesford like this.
  10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Now that my Corregidor is gone and ITS 14 has come around, with its buff for certain now notorious remotes, it's time to present my latest project: expanding my Bakunin collection to a playable sectorial.

Since I already have most of what I need, I only have to add a couple of things: Zoe & Pi-Well, Riot Grrls, Avicenna, and a Taskmaster.

For the Riot Grrls, I did some conversions, since I didn't like their original heads, and needed a Spitfire (but didn't like the old one).

Riot Grrl Spitfire
    For this I used the BSG Grrl as a base and the arms and head of the Zondnaut I still had left from my second Zondnautica project. It still needs some filling.
    [​IMG]

Multi, ML, Combi Riot Grrls
    These only got head swaps. Another Zondnaut helmet, a Lynx head, and a Cheerkiller head:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tinbot
    I still had the baseball bat from my Cheerkiller conversions, so I decided to give this guy a chance to riot with the Grrls.
    [​IMG]

Prowler Spitfire
    Part of the Bakunin rework will be to repaint a few of the older models to the more coherent color scheme for my Nomads I developed since I painted these. Since the Prowler will also get a touch-up, I decided to use the last Spitfire I had left from my Zondnautica to update his weapon to the N3/N4 style.
    [​IMG]

Finally, for my Tunguska, I got my 5th and final Grenzer, who I decided to give a pistol, and for my Kosmoflot, a Warcor I kitbashed from the body of the ABH, the head of the female Monstrucker, and a few bits and pieces I had left.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, Nathonicus and 8 others like this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Whoops, took a left turn. Bakunin got postponed again. But here are a few more Zonds at least.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This bring me back up to a healthy four (since I sold two). Also, now they all match (sorry for the blurry photo):

[​IMG]

12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Since I also sold those cute orange Zondbots from the previous page, I had to paint up two more. This time, because I didn't want to paint the same thing twice, I used the main colors for my Tunguska (olive) and Bakunin (cream), respectively.
    [​IMG]

13. Golem2God

@burlesford These tinbots & remotes look amazing with the colors you choose. I say you hit the marks with them.

burlesford likes this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you!

So, instead of starting Bakunin, I decided to finally finish a last few models for my Kosmoflot. They've been standing in my cabinet, almost playable, for half a year now. Time to get my act together and put them on the table.

The first thing that needed to happen was to switch the heads on my Rokots and finish a fourth one, to be able to play that famous Rokot core with a ML Volkolak. Luckily, I had finally found some fitting helmets via the Keta-minies Kickstarter and had a friend print them for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And while I was switching up heads, I also decided to give my Kosmosoldat a more heavy look by swapping her head with one from Unit 9:

[​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, Savnock and 11 others like this.
  15. Golem2God

@burlesford Another nice simple conversion that makes the models stand out. The color scheme you choose for them...I really like the brown. Not to mention the rest of the uniform.

burlesford likes this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks again. US Field Drab from Vallejo is a nice brown for sure :)

Next on the short list of missing Kosmoflot models: Irmandinhos.

[​IMG]

I converted these with another set of Puppetswar heads. This time, because of the hood, the scale fit much better. Also, the medgun in the next Irmandinho's hand was supposed to be a Gizmokit, before I realized they don't have one. Let's call it a Deactivator.

[​IMG]

As always, Nivanh Chanthara provided the reference:

[​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, Savnock and 15 others like this.
  17. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

The Irma's look awesome, those head pieces are spot on perfect and really help set up characterful vibes from both of them. I'm especially a fan of the sitting Irma's head piece at the angle you've placed it - like some sorta casual cyberpunk pose during chillout time.

Golem2God, zapp and burlesford like this.
  18. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I love the red/white parts so much! Reminds me of all the adds for weird clothing you get after you googled "cyberpunk" once, lol.

burlesford and Golem2God like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Well, let's continue the cyberpunk trend then, shall we?

I'm participating in a little friendly tournament with some friends over the holidays. It will be the first time I'll run my Kosmoflot. Since one of the missions will be Highly Classified, there was a need to paint up my Wardriver proxy. It's a mashup of the two limited edition Brawlers, plus the cool little retro laptop of Isobel McGregor.

[​IMG]

Painted after one of Nivanh Chanthara's artworks, as always:

[​IMG]

redeemer, Abydog, Ben Kenobi and 13 others like this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

The tournament is over, I did my duty to shake up the meta by placing last with my Kosmoflot against IA, Onyx, and Morats, and I had a lot of fun :) The missions required me to paint up a few more things for my Kosmoflot though :grimacing:

112 Motorized
    Magnetized this one so she can dismount. Also used her as a Strannik.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uxia McNeill BSG/second SAS
    Painted her up in the colors of my first SAS, because that's what I used her for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Warcor
    Not my best work, but I was running out of time. She managed to flash pulse a Q-Drone in active turn, which already awarded her hero status with the rest of the troops.

[​IMG]

Varangian Guard
    The troop that did the least in all three games. Maybe that was her revenge for painting her up so sloppily?

[​IMG]

2022 review

The Varangian was the last model I will paint in 2022. Let's look at what I managed to add to my Kosmoflot, shall we?

Everything I added to my Kosmoflot in 2022
    • Margot Berthier
    • The Unknown Ranger
    • "Gillian" Wallace
    • Uxia McNeill (Defiance)
    • Polaris Team
    • Volkolak ML
    • 2 Irmandinhos
    • Rokot Paramedic
    • Wardriver
    • 112 Motorized
    • Uxia McNeill/2nd SAS
    • Warcor
    • Varangian Guard
    • And finally, I updated the four Rokots and the Kosmosoldat with new helmets
    [​IMG]
    If I add the few minis I already had from last year (Paracommando, Zenith7, SAS, Duroc, Elektronik), my full Kosmofem at the end of 2022 looks like this:

[​IMG]
    I'm quite happy to say that there are only three more models on my KF pile of shame now: a Frontovik engineer with LRL, a second Varangian, and the Traktor Mul.

A (much smaller) review of my Nomads in 2022 will come soon.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation