1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huntress Queen and Asteroid Belt

Discussion in 'Legendary Bahadurs' started by Roadrunner7431, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I played Huntress Queen on declaring my Boomerang Attack against Padre Mendoza. My friend played Asteroid Belt substituting Kozmo for the Attack. I was underdog that round and resolved our dispute in what I perceived my favor by insisting that the Huntress Queen token remain on Mendoza and using Mendoza as the target of my Bounces that Round. Now the wording of Asteroid Belt in English could be interpreted that I was incorrect and that the Huntress Queen token be moved to Kozmo. @-V- Please give official ruling.

treiral likes this.
  2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Ooooh, interesting question! The way I see it, the core of the issue would be "Is "Asteroid Belt" an interrupt-like tactic like "No!"?". If the card is interrupting the targetting of the attack then the token will go to Kozmo. On the other hand, if cards have to fully resolve before moving to the next card, then first "Huntress Queen" will choose the target and place its token, and then "Asteroid Belt" will resolve to make Kozmo the new target, but the token will remain on Mendoza.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  3. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

I think it is a timing issue, Huntress Queen is during the declaration step of Boomerang but not at the beginning of it.

As I see it the timing should be:

- Koorie declares Boomerang against Mendoza.
    - Defender use Asteroid Belt, Kozmo is now the target.
    - Koorie use Huntress Queen and the Huntress token goes to Kozmo becouse he is the target now.

I dont think the timing allows you to use Huntress Queen before the defenders use Asteroid Belt.

Gorionar and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I also considered that option, but the card says to "select the target", which we can only asume it refers to target of the attack since it's the declaration step. Implying that it's a replacement for the natural declaration of the target. If the card wasn't a replacement it would just say "place the HQ token on the target character card."

Rather, it's very odd that this is the first time we are referred to the tactic tokens in the cards. In cases like Tangana and Pain Suppresants it's left to the players to know when the tokens are used.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  5. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

As the world turns. It is unfortunate for me that I post some of these sticky questions when it is morning in New Mexico GMT-7. The workday is ending in Spain at GMT+1. But I greatly appreciate the contributions of @treiral and @zlavin so that the community can ponder these issues before @-V- gives his ruling.

treiral likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation