1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunt for Red [October Releases]

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

Wait...where are these free 40K rules? When did that happen?

2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Link'd. It's the core of the rules.

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  3. ronfinity

ronfinity Member

Free Rules is a bit misleading. You get a few pages of basic mechanics, and a few pages of army construction rules. You still have to buy codices for each army you want to play/know the rules for. The army books have special rules, and data sheets for each unit with the special rules for units. You cannot play 40k currently without buying some form of rules.

xagroth, Abrilete, Deltervees and 2 others like this.
  4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

You don't actually "need" need the army books, provided you have people playing Power rather than points. The new kits include the rules within the box.

This isn't me trying to say "YOU CAN PLAY 40K FOR NOTHING!" mind you. But the price to get in isn't anywhere near as bad as it's been in the past, especially if you decide to start instead with Kill Team.

#284 kanluwen, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  5. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

I'd be interested in Kill Team if there weren't already a much better skirmish style game on the market >.>

Balewolf, DarkBlack, Solar and 7 others like this.
  6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Kill Team isn't 40k.
    And the didn't lie directly when they said the rules will be free. But the withhold that there will be rules you have to buy to play 40k completely.
    It's not a way to get trustworthy

7. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I feel like a lot of Infinity sits too close to home (by intent). Despite loving the faction, not sure I would walk around with a Haqqislam faction tattoo the same way I might have a Retribution of Scyrah one, for example. Crosses, standard text, basic logos that are taken from elsewhere (you can play spot the unit logo on a map of Japanese prefectural flags: http://www.earthlymission.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/japanese_prefecture_flag_map.png) ect...

The Infinity world and much of it's iconography is setup to mirror much of what is already fairly mundane or too easily confused for something else in our world to make for all that interesting of a tattoo.

Those new sculpts are pretty sweet though. They also fix the scale.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation