1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you fix [x]? Week 10: Al Fasid

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Knauf, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Ye Mao themselves are not bad (though I can't say I'd take one in vanilla). I think it's White Banner that needs a few changes. White Banner only has two core teams, one of which can't make a core by itself. Also one is very cheep and the other expensive. I want Ye Mao to be able to make a core team like their equivalents, Rodok, Vargar, Kaplans, etc., and allow Liang Kai to join them. He can with Kaplans in White Company so why not with WB? He at least can use his super jump along with them.

If I were to actually make changes to them, I think I'd like different guns. The Multi-Rifle is maybe a bit much. I'd be happy with Combi, Breaker, and Marksman would be cool.

Every time I make a list with a core team now, I never have the points to make a haris of them. I can have three Guilang cheaper than them! To be fair, the only other haris is more expensive.

the huanglong likes this.
  2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Not just not removing/ lessening the amount of shock, but the biggest roadblock I've found to running expensive 1w models is the godawful shotgun change. The addition of a shit load more DTWs (already an obnoxious mechanic), and incidentally on profiles you are taking anyway single-handedly killed a lot of the viability of this style of unit.

Tristan228 and fatherboxx like this.
  3. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Ye Mao suffer from being an MI chassis and N4 butchering Superjump without fixing the mixed movement Skills in a Fireteam problems.
    MI are weirdly overpriced for no reason whatsoever.
    You need a pretty damn well min maxed MI to get to a good place these days after elite LI creeps on them from below and Hi from above. In terms of pricing they somehow stayed as they were despite needing help.
    Making MI 4-4 did not fix them while in a game where Orcs dropped 7 points, especially not while also stripping the (very niche but free) FD 4" ITS granted them to alleviate the pain a bit.

Ye Mao and Bagh Mari look fine and would be fine under the right circumstances. But put a Kamau or a Karhu next to Bagh Mari and you can see an inexplicable gap in buget value that shouldn't be there in troops that close in Profiles and purpose.
    The same principle can be observed and is present on about every single MI that isn't completely optimized to the max to offset it.

#123 Teslarod, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

That's fair.

Removing templates entirely from SGs, pricing them accordingly and then adding back in Chain Colts/Nanopulsars/Chain Rifles as appropriate would work.

You can see where they've actually done this already (CSUs and Sombras both come to mind).

Tourniquet likes this.
  5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

LSGs should lose templates for sure. +6 to hit represents shotshells just fine and they are crazy cheap.

LaughinGod likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Well things like rule changes take place in years, so I'm thinking of changes that can be done in months. They added and changed MO this year so maybe they can do White Banner next. However I doubt it since it just came out last year. For good or bad WB and Ye Mao is what we have a while. Unfortunately you can't really speak with your money. They just don't make the figure if they know if it's not going to do well. CB will just come out with another Joan or some mercenary no one likes, cares about, or can even use. I love Infinity and like CB but they really need to think things through a bit more.

LaughinGod and SpectralOwl like this.
  7. Space Ranger

So here's a mission I'm trying to make a list for a game tomorrow: Mindwipe.

Hackers get a bonus on the consoles and you need Anti-material weapons to destroy the servers :slightly_frowning_face:. There's also an uber hacker with a special program. He can't be in a camo state.

I tried making a list for WB and get in a haris of Ye Mao, but I almost need to have no core. In general YJ sucks for Anti-Material weapons. Only 5 in WB have anti-material CCW weapons and they all start in deployment. Also only 4 with D-charges. The Daofei is the only infiltrator with D-Charges and he's so expensive I can't have a good core team, haris, and him. And trying to make them cheaper with a Tian Gou doesn't work because they then almost loose the ability to super jump! So what I'm trying to say is that yes they are a bit expensive but then also I would have been happier in this mission if they were the core team.... I think. They are a bit expensive for that too! Two Shang Ji and 3 Zhanshi is cheaper than 4 Ye Mao and Liang Kai :anguished:.

8. inane.imp

Mindwipe is a bad mission. Any mission that requires deep striking Anti-Material basically requires a gear check to see what factions can play.

9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It's better than Looting & Sabotaging and you can use D-Charges. The real problem is Guard.

10. inane.imp

I don't actually think Guard is a problem. I think Andromeda is a problem. With an AP CCW instead of a DA CCW + D-Charges she'd still be a threat but hardly the existential threat to almost anything that she is now.

So Andromeda vs a HI/TAG should be at best a trade. But her weapon set means she stands good odds of doing 2+ wounds while only taking 1 back.

AP would also mean that she'd remain excellent at putting things like Kamaus or Grenzers down but would be far worse at killing them outright, which leaves the opportunity to Dr them and return them to the fight.

11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

They actually can. @Koni or @HellLois clarified it somewhere in the Yu Jing forums that the english version of the ITS mission is wrong.

Space Ranger likes this.
  12. inane.imp

We're talking about Mary, right?

13. Triumph

No I'm talking about camo uberhackers. They're legal, spanish version of the rules is correct.

14. inane.imp

The English version of the rules permit the Uberhacker to go into a Marker state. It's not Camo though, it's Cybermask. She has a KHD.

15. Triumph

I'm not sure if you're just trying to make a joke or not, but no Mindwipe's english rules don't

"This Trooper must always be on the game table as a Model and not as
    a Marker. Players are not allowed to choose Hackers with Killer Hacking
    Devices."

16. inane.imp

Oh we appear to be talking at cross purposes. You're talking about the Uberhacker whereas I'm talking about the Uberhacker. Completely different things.

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

If folks keep saying that N4 superjump is bad, then maybe it's not so much of a penalty to mix non-superjump troops into the fireteam.

Triumph likes this.
  18. Triumph

I mean if your super jumpers are the 4-4 type that jump like white people, yeah I guess there really isn't much of a penalty to mix it up there.

19. inane.imp

Unironically this. HM Fireteams in N3 were "bad" if you didn't have it pure SJers. Now it's kinda "meh, HM are still good even if I can't just bounce around the board on every order". It's a consideration but not the be all and end all.

20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I said this as someone who's played plenty of Rodok fireteams, and has historically hated mixing in an Umbra Legate in Onyx for how it messes with their movement.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation