1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to start with Varuna, shopping list

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Proxy666, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Proxy666

Proxy666 New Member

Hi guys,

I want to start with Varuna. I already have the Operation Icestorm box. Is it usefull besides the Fusiliers?

What do I need? I guess the Varuna starter makes sense, where to go from there? Thinking about 300pts

Thanks for your help upfront.

Greetings

2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The ORC from Ice storm is a good general proxy, and the Akalis can be an Echo Bravo.

That said, you'll want both Zulu Cobra blisters, the Echo Bravo blister, probably Patsy Garnett, and a Dronbot box wouldn't go amiss. Trauma Doc and a Palbot see a lot of use for me. If you're dedicated, look for more rifle Fusiliers and some Libertos as Helots.

Stiopa, Saitan247 and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

I love using the Orc as a proxy in general. Until I get my Beyond Icestorm Swiss Guard, the Orc is an excellent Swiss Guard HMG.

Thanks for the list of Varuna recommendations, by the way. I'm considering getting into them if NCA ever stops being as appealing, so this is handy info.

4. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

You can buy the chaksa swc box of you want helots :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
    I've a Tohaa army so I use them to play our loyal aliens.

5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

That's actually the best CB option I see.

Manfred_VR likes this.
  6. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Yes, and probably is the only one xD.

7. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Other things in general you will need to get is some remotes (a few boxes of the S3 remotes and the bulleteer). You'll need the Machinists and Trauma-Doc but if you are not a fan of the current box, I suggest a proxy of some sorts (I found the Dactyls to be good stand-ins).

Ayadan and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation