1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pronounce the names of Russian troops.

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Foxbringer, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Foxbringer

Foxbringer Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hello.

This is probably the best place to drop a video in which @Journey and I are trying to translate and transcribe all the found Russian text in the army builder on logos and unit names.

We are not linguists, just native speakers. Made it for fun, all comments are welcome.

Upd: Oops, we messed up in the word "meteOr". In Russian the stress should be on the last syllable, not on the first one, as in English.

Upd2: Totally forgot to mention Tunguska for some reason. Will make another shorter video about it and new Ment and Kulak reinforcements. Maybe you will also find something interesting youd like for us to look at, dont hesitate to comment.

#1 Foxbringer, Jul 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Nice video, the Hospitallers probably are from a branch (theoretically the proper order) of Hospitaller knights who after the Malta's fall from Napoleon fled to Russia and were sheltered by the Russian emperor/ Tsar.

An really interesting read if one likes to read 18th and 19th century history.

Foxbringer likes this.
  3. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If you want help with Serbian names in Nomads let me know. Great video.

4. Foxbringer

Foxbringer Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thank you. Am I correct, that in [bOrets] stress goes to the first syllable? And he is not fighter with crisis, but fighter used during crisis situations?

Is there anything else except Kriza?
    I think, Jelena Kowach is Czech, but can't find more Slavic references. Except new "Kulak" unit, which is just "Fist".

5. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Jelena Kovač is Serbian in lore. Kovač means blacksmith and is relatively common last name. I could go into the lore of last names in Serbia, but it is not relevant. Jelena = Helen.
    Kriza Borac is meant to mean crisis soldier but in Serbian it doesn't really mean anything, it is just two words crisis and fighter that cannot combine to make sense. Accent is on first syllable of bOrac in the region I come from. Their logo says Specijalna Krizna Jedinica which is translated to special crisis unit, but again in Serbian in doesn't mean what they intended it to mean. More correct would be Jedinica za krizna dejstva for example.
    There are some other Serbian/slavic people mentioned in Nomads lore if I remember correctly, I don't have books on hand.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation