1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Handle Reserves?

Discussion in 'ITS' started by quaade, May 5, 2021.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Nope. Again, you're wrong on a fundamental level. The rules on page 15 of N4 say you don't have to reveal anything until deployment.

Dragonstriker, Willen and Delta57Dash like this.
  2. Hecaton

Yes there is. It's during deployment, as per p. 15. To be precise, information is either open or closed, but you don't have to share open information until deployment.

Troopers that aren't on the board cannot be deployed because you're unable to follow the deployment rules on p. 22 unless you do so.

3. Hecaton

Oh, no question on this one lol. But CB isn't looking for people with encyclopedic knowledge of the rules for WarCors, they're looking for people who grow communities.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  4. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

I know reading comprehension is hard but there is no contradiction between my two quotes. Why are you calling in Koni when you are literally the only person in the world trying to argue this really odd and asinine point?

5. quaade

quaade Well-Known Member

The sportsmanship section in the ITS counterindicates this. While it's true there's nothing in the rules that say you must. The sportsmanship section indicates that you should anyway. I find it worrying that you're willing to ignore sportsmanship for RAW.

Posting in this thread yes. Literally in the whole world, no. Also, you're making a fallacious appeal to a majority. What the majority thinks has no indication for how something is to be understood. Systemic institutions literally pop into existence this way, and the base thinking of it is, "we do it this way since we've always done it this way." This is an awful argument.

Also, I'm the only one making direct citations to support my argument. Everyone else is essentially resorting to biased thinking where they apply a piece of the game to a different situation it has no context at all with.

You keep telling me I'm wrong basically because. Your argument requires that you apply an interpretation to it that has no bias in anything implied. The things you post even imply that it's the opposite of what you claim.

Sure, there's no rule that states that you must share a CL with your opponent at the start of the game. Unless you do so, they also, under the Sportsmanship section, have a right to keep asking you until you hand it over either willingly or when you're required to by the rules.

What does https://infinitythewiki.com/Open_and_Private_Informationsay about the withheld model in your deployment?

6. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

I find it worrying that you're willing to ignore RAW over your subjective interpretation of the definition of sportsmanship. Please never TO a tournament.
    It quite literally says that you have to share that model's open information while you deploy it.

7. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

"Also, I'm the only one making direct citations to support my argument. Everyone else is essentially resorting to biased thinking where they apply a piece of the game to a different situation it has no context at all with."
    Sure, as long as you ignore the people quoting the rule book. Also your "citations" always have an extra sentence or two that you added.
    Now I know you are not actually reading what I write because i'm saying you are wrong because you are making shit up and pretending it's absolute truth. The fact you have to make stuff up is what is making it not true.
    That link definitely doesn't support your theory like you think it does. Read it again....slowly, and with feeling.
    I believe in you.

8. Hecaton

No, it does not. There's nothing here that overrides the core rules. Otherwise you'd be able to ask everyone's list, even those of the people you're not playing, when you're not playing games. The rules of sportsmanship don't really cover what happens in between rounds, or before games start, explicitly, but those of us who aren't trying to cheat can draw good-faith implications from it, which is going to contradict what you're trying to say. By implication these rules only apply when the game is going on, as otherwise they're entirely cumbersome and unworkable. And the game rules cover when you reveal the open information on your army list, these rules are just an addendum to that to clarify that you can't be tricky about it.

It's not deployed until you actually deploy it, though, so your proposed way of playing is unworkable.

Dragonstriker and Cthulhu363 like this.
  9. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That's peak Poe's law right here.

I can't even.

10. Hecaton

Wrong, this is you making shit up. It's not deployed because it's not possible to follow the rules on p. 22 for a mini that's not actually deployed, and those are the rules you *must* follow when deploying a miniature.

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As is, you must reveal any and all public information of a model the moment you deploy it, not before, that of course means the first player deploying has no clue what the opponents list has beyond the faction/ sectorial it belongs, the second player not knowing what the reserve troop is gives the opportunity of surprise to the first player deploying while keeping the advantage of deployment to the player deploying second.

12. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Technically you also know the wip of their LT, which for the more bizarre wip models, is actually useful information. (For instance, combined army player saying wip 16+)

13. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Just to let the forum know that I agree with @Hecaton

And this should make clear how far wrong the OP position is...

14. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

No, you’re strawmanning @quaade.
    Or at least, I was when I paraphrased that quotation.
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/how-to-handle-reserves.39717/page-4#post-405192
    According to him.
    Lots of bad faith from @quaade in this (and every other) thread.

#94 Dragonstriker, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
  15. quaade

quaade Well-Known Member

I forgot to say that implication is something that clearly indicates it, like if the "Private Information" said "undeployed models."

If you have to go into the interpretation of a text then it's no longer implied, it's a clear bias for wanting to read what the reader wants it to say.

I apologise. I would have been clear about this.

16. Diphoration

Warcor

17. Diphoration

Warcor

It's either Private or Open
    It's either Deployed or Undeployed

Deployed is Open
    Undeployed is Private

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation