1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix Pano

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Zsolt, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Tell that to the Swiss, who didn't want to leave his Zweihander at home, even though he has no idea which one is the pointy end.

#81 Zsolt, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Say what you want, that model is BAD. ASS. And if you don't like the fuckhueg sword, it's pretty easy to clip the right hand off another HI and have him pointing as if saying "You next, motherfucker".

ThananRollice, Keyrott, Zsolt and 2 others like this.
  3. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

I did that! But i drilled a hole in the hand and used a paperclip as finger...... doing that was $*#$%&!
    And no need for cliping of the hand, it´s a pice of the sword.

POTATOECAM OF PROOF!!

1.jpg

SKOZZOKONZ, Doa, Golem2God and 9 others like this.
  4. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Ah but does this not describe the sepulchre perfectly ;)

Teslarod and MrNailbrain like this.
  5. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

Who's to say half those Swiss Guards aren't KotHS in disguise?

Zsolt likes this.
  6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I only just stumbled across this discussion to have it marked as read for me, but...

I must compliment an amazing looking model whenever I see one.
    And that Swiss Guard qualifies as an amazing looking model.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Zelaponeepus

Zelaponeepus Well-Known Member

I really like your ideas here. They feel PanO, and I think it’s a good point that giving PanO more of what everyone’s has would be a mistake. It’s that mindset that usually turns me off to these discussions, but your ideas seem fresh and interesting.

I’ve thought about the idea of having a deployable turret with TR combi rifle before. It’d be a pricey gadget, but it could allow you to lock a part of the table down. It would have the downside of being stuck wherever you put it and thus wouldn’t be able to redeploy like a tr bot. It could also be disposable one, so you’d have to be very careful moving the guy who had it up the board unless he died before getting it to the spot you needed it.

Here’s another idea that just came to me.... it might not be good, as I haven’t thought about it much, but what if you could add an auxilia and her auxbot to a fireteam core link in NCA? It would essentially add a 6th member, so I don’t know if that’d break the games design, but tell me this fireteam doesn’t look a bit appealing:

Attached Files:

Golem2God and Zsolt like this.
  8. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

I've thought about this too, but the G:sync rule is in conflict with how fireteams work. That said, I love the idea of a TR turret, maybe AD deployed? Maybe not granting an order, only ARO.

Kran likes this.
  9. Kran

Kran Member

I love the idea of AD deployed equipments. Turrets, repeaters, sniffers, jammers ( orbital strike ? ^^) ... we can imagine a lot of exiting applications !

10. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

That....would be fantastic

Death and Golem2God like this.
  11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Rules can be rewritten. g:Sync and it's owner count as a single troop in the link team, so putting an auxilia on top of 3 Bolts give you a 4 man link team, and that's it. Maybe they all need to be within ZoC of the link lead, or auxbot is free from the link, and it only needs to stay in the ZoC of it's controller.

AD Turret sounds fun.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Alternatively a G:Sync2 skill, which allows to plant Auxbots in place, like a Perimeter weapon. Increase the number or Auxbot types and voila, we have our turrets.

I don't like the idea of including G:Sync units in fireteams. It'd require creating another exception in the rules which should be kept nice and simple.

eciu likes this.
  13. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

We are way past that.

14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Technicly not us. Everyone else has rules exception and we have a Seraph and his anchor auxbot ;P

AdmiralJCJF, theradrussian and Stiopa like this.
  15. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

But by all means, everyone keep brainstorming ideas for CB to put into other factions.

16. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Varuna and if that is boring as well i just move to Haqq.

Urobros likes this.
  17. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've got every single PanO model since N2, but will sell 'em all and move to Aleph should Varuna be not as exiting as new sectorials. So far they seem to be more 'Hyperpower' in my eyes and totally not so boring to play.

After Varuns's release it'll be clear will CB ever fix PanO or we'll always be a 'mistake'.

Modock, AdmiralJCJF, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  18. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I too hope for Varuna to be special. While I won't be dumping PanO if the sectorial turns out to be a dud, it still will a harsh sting for alot of PanO's player base.
    But injengr makes a good point about Varuna being a telling sign of where CB intends to take PanO & the future of the faction overall. Looking forward to the sectorial dropping in November in time for my birthday and being surprised by it in a good way.

CabalTrainee and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  19. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Just to clarify: It's not like i will throw my miniatures away or never play PanO again. I do love PanO. And i already have pretty much everything for NCA (except the squalo but i don't like him). I'll just stop pumping money into that faction and play with what i already have.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Which is a smart choice especially if the faction isn't to your liking anymore.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation