1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to anti-su-jian

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Zsolt, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

So I got my own ass handed to me (or someone else’s, I’m a bit confused with the phrase) by a su-jian duo. I suppose it’s a popular trick so I suppose there are well known counters to it.

I had bad deployment, no aro pieces, so that didn’t help. Also everything in ISS has high bts which kinda counters viral.

2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I haven't faced them yet, but they seem very powerful.
    The only way I can think of right now is either Close Combat (but might be difficult getting to them, your best chance is an Igao) or obliterating them through pure firepower in your Active Turn, applying modifiers at the same time (HMG Sukeul, Gao-Rael through Smoke, BS Surprise Shot Clipsos...).

In Reactive Turn they seem very difficult to stop, because they have the weapons and skills to position quickly in their good range and kill you, they even have high ARM and PH to either tank or dodge mines. If you are lucky and deploy far enought a Symbiomate-equiped Gao-Rael or Sukeul, they should be able to either kill or delay them. Maybe you could risk an Engage with an Igao, but it'll probably die in the FtF roll.

Zsolt likes this.
  3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

K1 ammo and CC. Best counters for them by far.

Edit: Also, it might be order intensive but worth it if you remove 2 Murder Cats, take your Triad and bring a Sakiel with Nimbus plus grenades. Then the Su Jian will have -6 to dodge against the Makaul's Heavy Flamer. Bonus points if they are close enough for you to split your burst so you don't get hit by the -1 Burst MOD.

4. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Smoke and then CC, the heavy flamethrower will crispy most CC units, saying that one of mine still blew the head off a jaguar with it's heavy pistol. I've previously find catching one bang to rights in active turn with a HMC does the trick.

Zsolt likes this.
  5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I had issue in reactive turn. In active it’s not that hard to handle, just go there and punch it/shoot it. :)

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I think you are missing what you actually are trying to do in the reactive. In the reactive you arnt trying to kill the enemy (though its nice if you do) you are trying to bleed them of orders to get things done. Forcing them to fight an ARO is nice, but its stacked for them, and you will lose, Sukeul ML is good for this, as is our snipers with mates. That said against this sort of thing I like to leave makauls in ARO and throw eclipse at 8". First its 2 dice on 15's, which is about as good as you can hope, second while you give up long range ARO, the ONLY way for him to get kills is to come into heavy flame thrower range on the other side of the eclipse. All of this bleeds them of orders and forces them in close.

n21lv, ChoTimberwolf and P-Chan like this.
  7. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Here is the dice on that sujuan with BS (best option for them as the eclipse forced them into <8"):
    Active Player
    84.79% Su-Jian Immediate Action Unit inflicts 1 or more wounds on Makaul (Unconscious)
    37.21% Su-Jian Immediate Action Unit inflicts 2 or more wounds on Makaul (Dead)

Failures
    15.21% No success
    Reactive Player
    69.75% Makaul inflicts 1 or more wounds on Su-Jian Immediate Action Unit (1 STR)
    42.53% Makaul inflicts 2 or more wounds on Su-Jian Immediate Action Unit (0 STR)
    24.15% Makaul inflicts 3 or more wounds on Su-Jian Immediate Action Unit (-1 STR)
    13.12% Makaul inflicts 4 or more wounds on Su-Jian Immediate Action Unit (Dead)

Failures
    30.25% No success

You are trading a makual for a 50% on 2 wounds on the Sujuan, thats points well spent

8. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m aware that reactive turn is not for killing, but sujian brings it to ou and you need to handle it.

Btw I realized, that both eclipse and nimbus plus grenades are good to mitigate them.

9. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

I would say the same as everyone. CC and Heavy Flamethrowers all the way. A single Baggage Chaksa would make that duo rethink their plans. A Makaul would probably make them tremble in fear.

10. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

3 HFT hits, 1 wound :( They also got a B2 LRL.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation