1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel about mixed Fireteams in sectorial?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Darkvortex87, Jul 10, 2018.

?

How do you feel about mixed fireteams in sectorials?

1. I like them! They are balanced and colorfoul

64 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. I'm not particularly fond of them from a lore and/or rules viewpoint

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I don't like them. They feel like a forced solution to the increasing power of vanilla

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

And I mentioned a lot more than Haris and Duos.
    Tradeoff White Noise for a SS2 hacker isn't that bad.

I don't remember anyone disagreeing with the Tomcat thing, only me agreeing.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Had to answer to all. The tradeoff of WN for SS2, tunguska has both (4alguaciles + 1Interventor), I'm not complaining about that, just noting it. But Corregidor is not about hacking superiority, like the other Nomad sectorials, but about no-nonsense, hardened professionals...

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Tunguska doesn't have the Moran :^)

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Heckler Jammer + Fastpanda.

Model exhausted in my usual store, incindentally, in a single day (the blister comes with a fastpanda).

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I don't want to break your superstisions but Joan link (or Fersen's) are not that great. They do kinda work in killy missions (while going first), but most of the time you are a one failed BTS/ARM roll away from disaster.

Most competetive list is Hospitaller/Magister link with a supply of TOFOOS or/and TO MSR.

Order Sergeants link lists I would either consider "more fun than power" or very specific tailor for enemy/mission (with likely Santiago DUO).

Oh and FK DUO is abomination.
    Yep, that might be valid against non-hacking armies.
    Its hilarious list to play against people, but not in competitive enviroment (unless your really mess up your opponents head).

Teslarod likes this.
  6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Grenzers, not Alguaciles, so it's a much more expensive Fireteam.

And as loricus said, there were many more changes to Corregidor than adding some Haris and Duo options.

inane.imp and loricus like this.
  7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I like the part where I got you to share my opinion on every point of the checklist :P

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I don't think our opinions were that different in general.

Tbh I've was never that much sold on Joan link to start with. I think I've played it only a couple of times, and won only because people were not prepared (most mentally) to face it.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Overall, I like the new mixed fireteams. I miss a few pure teams, too, like how we used to be able to run a Haramaki core.

I agree that the older sectorials need to get their balance checked against the new stuff.

This is an awesome idea, has it been posted to the Army issues/suggestions subforum?

As mentioned, SWC is hand-adjusted.

The Merovingians are proving troublesome to turn into a 'Rapid Reaction Force' worthy of the name. So I'm not expecting anything by minimal adjustments and probably NO new profiles (definitely no new sculpts!) until CB figures out how to do that the way they want.

You know, if the Bolts were in almost any other army, nobody would think there's a problem with them. Hell, they look a lot more like a YJ profile than a PanO profile!

I think the big downside right now is that there isn't a cost patch for combi+LSG (which applies to every model with that combo). Pretty sure the odds always favor the LSG within 8", so you're paying points for a combirifle's 0-8" band that you should never be using. In other words, I think that combi+LSG should cost the same as Rifle+LSG.

Well, Shas and MRRF are both getting massive re-designs, to the point that I think CB is looking for some new inspiration.

CB has agreed that they need to make sure the CBLs are better for ITS. The problem is that I don't know if they are going to go back and patch the existing ones.

Hecaton, Ginrei and xagroth like this.
  10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Nah, Bolts would be considered trash in Nomads. We barely tolerate Grenzers and then only the profiles that give a Sec link something unique / because we *really* want SSL2 Interventors / for some reason we want to run MI in the MI faction (they're literally the only MI unit in Tunguska).

But yes, cost Combi+LSG at the same cost as Rifle+LSG, Bioimunity at the same cost as Shock Immunity and CC14 for free. Total ~3-4pt discount to Bolts.

#150 inane.imp, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't think Bioimmunity is much more expensive than Shock Immunity.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If the target is out of cover the Combi is better.
    edit: also combi+lsg is objectively better than combi so if the price is like 1 point I'm gonna get sick of the "you know what my faction could use?"

13. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Given that a Rifle + Light Shotgun costs the same as a Combi, that would involve the Light Shotgun being free...

loricus likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Also hidden in here is an argument that Rifle+LSG should cost more than a Combi

15. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

The MAF stand read to accept your BS13 medium infantry with drop bears, EM grenades, shotguns and BTS 6 bio immunity; I mean veteran is pretty much morat anyway

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Yes and no, in packed situations light shotgun is a liability forcing the model to revert to pistol, a slight advantage combi and light shotgun has over a simple rifle and light shotgun.

17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

With all due respect that never happens at a rate that could ever justify a price consideration.

18. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I'd have a hard time justifying Bolt's over Rodok's in MAF. Frankly neither are particularly appealing right now. I love the Rodok minis and have used them often but they are a hard sell for the points cost.

The only profile with a Combi for Rodok's comes with 2 Light Shotguns. It's a nice active turn hunting profile but omg is it expensive. I would kill for a basic combi profile. Overall both units have interesting options and Bolt's would be cheaper but I'd still take Mimetism for the extra cost.
    I have not posted it, feel free to do so if you like.

19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Hence "slight" it was more prevalent with objective rooms and really tight terrain, but on average is a disadvantage that occurs rarely.

Zewrath likes this.
  20. Mahtamori

You're in other words implying the LSG should be free?

The counter to your argument is that it's much more common to have enemies behind the enemy than to have friendlies/HVTs there. Tying loosely back on topic, let's just say my Celestial Guards have never, ever, been saved from a Light Shotgun blast, but they sure have eaten them while hiding behind my Cranes (i.e. the only cover possible to reach within ZoC of link leader).

To be clear, I'm saying that a Rifle+LSG combination is measurably more potent than a Combi alone.

Hecaton likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation