1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you Aleph?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by regelridderen, Jan 5, 2019.

?

Make a choice

1. OSS

39 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. ASS

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Vanilla

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. I don’t play favorites.

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Im generally confused by people talking about points cost, because the general consensus is that points costs for any units are directly comparable. Ie. That a Spitfire or TO Camo is always worth the same points on any unit.

To me, this seems like comparing apples to oranges because the units are categorically not available in the other faction. So it doesnt matter if that equipment or ability appears to be generally ‘hard costed’ across factions (and therefore argubaly under or over valued in one or another) the significant difference is how the cost balance affects the power of the faction overall and against other factions (user name checks out, right? :wink:)

In short, the value of a hypothetical unit, say with both TO Camo and a Spitfire (yummy) is not the value of those attributes in a vacuum, but their value in the context of the factions strength compared to others. Maybe a weak faction would needs such a unit costed cheaply to balance its power.

Disclaimer: I’m told this is an old debate, long settled by more experienced players (who say attributes are hard costed), but it seems worth rebooting it if others think likewise, because costing is relevant to this discussion and very relevant to ALEPH players generally.

jherazob and Regnator like this.
  2. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

Well the aleph tax seems to be a real thing and it doesn't prevent the faction to be competitive so far as i know so i tend to agree with you.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Wolf likes this.
  3. DarkBlack

DarkBlack Well-Known Member

I have loads of 6mm and 15mm Hellenistic figures (I play Alexandrian and Seleucides in historical) have been playing for over a decade.
    That's enough Greeks for me (I like to play something different in each system).
    So been playing Vedic only since I started, finally having a sectorial that matches what I've been doing already is wonderful.

jherazob likes this.
  4. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

I don't get this one. Playing Ariadna I have absolutely no problem killing REMs without visual MODs and MSV2+ rocking weapons that are mid-range. These REMs dodge awfully, can be smoked and easily outgunned by HMGs (Spetsnaz, Tankhunters and the like) or mid-field camo units with Boarding Shotguns. I see nothing scary here. Maybe I miss something obvious... Could you please elaborate?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation