1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about that Dahshat mercenary company, huh?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I can answer it after looking at the actual army lists with restrictions, but for now I'll link Sforza disguised as Brawler sniper, hiding at very tempting location for attracting someone brave enough to enter - and say hello with Viral rifle at their face.

Section9 likes this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

While that would be awesome, I'm kinda expecting WB to be released alongside Svalarheima in an Operation:freeze-your-ass-off box. So 2020 at the earliest.

AdmiralJCJF and Zewrath like this.
  3. Someone

Someone Active Member

There is a little info on this from the blog, still very limited, which seems to say it massive investment of Silk wealth and criminal syndicates.

https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/item/654-related-purchases-daedalus-fall

Ben Kenobi and DukeofEarl like this.
  4. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The Operation Redveil starterbox just turned into a 300 points armybox

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Section9 likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well... except that there's only one useful Yu Jing miniature in it for Dahshat (Zuyong) and only 4 useful Haqq (Al'Fasid, and the three Ghulams). Beyond Red Veil has 0 useful miniatures of either faction. You could use it as a 300 points army box, but you'll be proxying a lot.

6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

TBH, Dahshat does seem interesting to me, but not because it has the Zuyongs, the Hulangs and our Yaoxie REMs...
    It has me more so interested because between it and Ikari... I now have basically no reasons whatsoever to get into vanilla Haqq ever, UNLESS Ramah somehow gives Haqq some really really REALLY REALLY cool Heavy Infantry. Since between Ikari and Dahshat, they have more or less all the units in Haqq I ever found interesting that were not neatly packed inside of the Bahram ( Only stragglers now being Zhayedans, Naffatuns ( Not that great of a loss though, since I was never the biggest fan of their models, but their gear, cost and stats have always struck me as fascinating. ) and Jannisaries ( ECH, they have the same ARM and BTS as Wu Ming, so they'll be proxy-able nonetheless. ) ( And Azra'Il too, I suppose, since they're a cool HI as well. ).

So that's a yay from me, I would say.

7. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

One interesting tidbit I noticed while brainstorming lists: barring new profiles, Dahshat company has no Killer Hacking Devices.

That will certainly make running large numbers of HI and Remotes a bit more challenging than usual.

smog likes this.
  8. Mahtamori

[​IMG]

Leaving this one here, don't think it's been posted in this thread yet.

With a likely Wildcard on Valerya, they won't be completely defenceless if you stick her in a Zuyong fireteam.

Deltervees and ObviousGray like this.
  9. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

>Running large numbers of HI more challenging.

That's shorthand for ''Cram as much HI in there as possible like a mad lad and go do cool stuff by the sheer power of shock power.''
    So I'm pretty sure the first thing I'll do on the 27th after some tests will be scour the Yu Jing part of the army builder for any sneeki breeki changes... and then probably make some random mostly-HI list for Dahshat for the fun of it.

10. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Yeah i saw that too, however you have a bunch of infiltrators to hunt down repeaters and hackers in the midfield so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Talking about dashat, it's the first time I've seriously looked at ghulams and I gotta say i'm quite impressed by all the things they can bring to the table: lieutenant with HMG discount? E/Maulers? Panzerfaust? Linked doctor plus?

Sure they're a bit expensive because of the light shotgun, but again, that's impressive.

11. ObviousGray

Well at least they don't got super cool bald man on their SWC box. Zhanshis win.

12. Mahtamori

Rifle+LSG is the same price as Combi Rifle (in both cases, a HMG-armed profile of the same unit is +8 points). Ghulam are more or less better optimised Celestial Guard.

#132 Mahtamori, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's +1 over a combi. CG are +1pt over them and they have both an extra CC and BTS stat.

14. Sedral

@ObviousGray There's a solid snake ghulam, zhanshis just never stood a chance.

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I love the Rifle+Lt. Shotgun. I find it superior over the combi rifle by far.

The best thing about the Ghulam is the 14 WIP. 17 for a doctor. That’s what’s being paid for and it’s worth it. 14 WIP hackers and FO are fantastic. Then the R+LS on top of that. Flash Pulse for the FO too!

16. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

So having watched the video from a user in FB, the YJ players interested in this sectorial will be pleased to know:

Auth Bounty hunters, Sforza, Valeria and Miranda Ashcroft are wildcards.
    Maghariba has duo with a Rafiq (Guijia looks worse than never with each step)

And something odd. It was quite blurry but it seems there's a special fireteam up to 1 Rui Shi can join any Zuyong fireteam.
    Take the last one with a grain of salt but it's quite likely. We will know tomorrow.

#136 Janzerker, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    ObviousGray likes this.
  17. Sedral

Yeah i saw that too, however nor the rui-shi or the zuyongs have any special fireteam noted in the army list so it's kinda confusing. We'll see tomorrow, but if it's true Dashat's zuyong fireteam will be insane.

18. ObviousGray

Wut?

19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Leaker anon said something about the Rui Shi with Zuyong that made the force crazy strong, but then said that it was likely gonna get removed because it was too good.

In fact it seems utterly retarded. You take 60pts of ABH rolling random fuckin' gear just to core bonus a Rui Shi and you never touch a Zuyong at all. They might even roll smoke for the Rui Shi.

Seems like you auto include 4 ABH's just to try and roll random gear and shit for link teams like smoke or free HMGs/MSRs etc.

#139 Triumph, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  20. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe it's an error... but Zencha is there too. At moment…

Also Rui SHi joining any Zuyong fireteam confirmed.
    And Auth Bounty hunters got a SMG + Akrylat kanone profile for 12 pts

LuAn likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation