1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holoecho 2 and symbiomates

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by borings, Jan 3, 2019.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

If you wanna cheat....

Abrilete likes this.
  2. Insane Cheese

Insane Cheese Member

Not even a week into 2019 and you're already setting the bar for WAAC.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Abrilete likes this.
  3. islandOfMisfitToys

This is a very labored interpretation of the text, and it appears that sole goal is to justify the original poster's desired ends.

I will admit though, after about the fifth post debating the difference between plain language and an abstract math interpretation it achieved comedy.

4. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

its not WAAC its just wilful misinterpretation of a rule to cheat.

Doesnt get clearer than the rule saying specifically by name that symbiomates dont get replicated.

Theres no denying or trumping that and it certainly doesnt need an FAQ anymore than shooting someone with BS attack out of LOF needs an FAQ

Abrilete likes this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Agreed, and it surprises me a lot that this isn't the first time I've seen this question arise.

6. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I don't see a point in this discussion, the case is clear-cut.

I do agree wholeheartedly that it's beyond stupid, making Symbiomates unusable with the Kotail.

So I never use the Kotail. CB's loss.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Why?

The biggest advantages of holo-echo isn't the shell game: it's Surprise Shot, cheap mineclearance and the Holo-echo Suppression Fire trick. Kotails still get huge advantage from those.

You could also just not put mates on them. Because mates are fine and balanced and not at all necessary for a unit to be a competitive choice in Tohaa. ;)

TheRedZealot and Abrilete like this.
  8. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I usually consider the Kotail as a fast objective grabber that won't use too many orders to get to the OBJ. Much like the Clipsos.

For the price of Kotail FO i can get Clipsos FO +1 (nearly 1 other) Order. Not much more to talk about.

9. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Kotail brings superjump and EM grenades. Both of which are very useful. You also can only have 3 Clipsos in a list. Plus you can use Holo 1 to obfuscate what's happening with the Clipsos in your lists which is pretty good.

Edit: It occurs to me that I have more or less confirmed Tohaa as the faction of "Just bring max AVA Clipsos and you can figure out the rest" :thinking_face:

#49 TheRedZealot, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Abrilete likes this.
  10. borings

borings Well-Known Member

That was my favorite part too.

I think kotails are prolly a bad target for mates regardless, because the alternative targets overall get more benefit from them, and if they have a mate you cant have them deploy as chaksa hmg to scare yer opponent.

What im saying is yeah, the argument was pointless, but just trying to balance out my doom and gloom posts with good old discussions

11. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I am dumbfounded that this thread made it to three pages even with multiple IJW replies that really don't leave anything to interpretation.

Abrilete and inane.imp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation