1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hexx3r: What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Core Set' started by Kahlain, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Kahlain

Kahlain Greeble-Faust investigator

New to the game and I think I am missing something on Hexx3r. I f you look at Which Is Your Favorite Aristos? you'll see she is crazily popular. At present, she has as many votes for favorite as number 2 and number 3 combined. For the sake of argument, let's just assume favorite = most effective in game.

As far as i can tell, her greatest strength is that Green Actions don't allow Defense Rolls.

Her biggest weakness is the short 1-3 / 1-4 range and Line of Sight restrictions of Gotcha and Vade Retro. Ideally, she needs to slow a target, then push or reposition them in such a way that they cannot take her out. All while not over extended and being left over exposed.

Again, what am I missing?

2. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

She can be used to push your own Aristos, which you don't seem to be acknowledging, Mushashi becomes a horrifying prospect if pushed into melee by Hexxer before he even activates, and slow moving people like Maximus can be helped greatly by the utility of it.

She can also generally do all her displacement without having to spend energy on movement due to her switch which lets her displace herself.

At the end of the day you win the game by having your stuff in the zones, and enemies not in them, and there's no better person around right now that you'd rather have as your 4th activation to try and pick up big points for the turn IMO.

REND likes this.
  3. eronth

eronth Active Member

Also, if you move her late enough in the round, anyone she shoves out of a scoring zone will not be scoring unless they can pull a similar trick with their own hexxer (since their turn is probably already passed). She can also help move your allies away that would otherwise need to make agility checks to escape being adjacent to an enemy. She can also shove barricades around to block pathways.

Long story short, 1 energy displacements are very strong.

4. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Vade Retro is the most consistently useful skill in the game, shortly followed by Freerun, IMO.

Hexxer isn't an auto-include per se, for me. But I do begin a lot of team builds from her.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

5. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

She NEEDS to be killed or she's very often scoring points thanks to Vade Retro being a 1 AP ability.

Then she has a couple of super powerful tactics like Unlimited Power and Untouchable considering the fact that she needs to be killed.

6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Aweome skills, Vade Retro is nuts and waifu bait.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation