1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me not embarrass myself at my first tournament

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by XnEd, Aug 23, 2018.

1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I don't agree.

Sure, a noob might not know the exact advantages of one profile over another, but a noob will know stuff like 'this mission gives my paramedics and doctors +3 to complete the objective, maybe I should have more paramedics and doctors on this list" or "this mission requires anti-material ammo, do I have enough of that in the list?"

Sure, there are subtleties about how one builds their lists, but these small details count. I've played blind games (for fun) a lot, and every now and then we come across a situation where a list literally has no or even just one way to complete the mission. In a casual game it's good training, but in a competitive game it can be infuriating.

2. TacCom

TacCom Member

As someone who criminally never gets enough time to play and feels like I'm the newbie in the room since I'm so darn rusty, just have fun. The last ITS I went to I basically announced to the room that I was aiming for last place and I'll fight people for that spot. The little bit of humour and light hearted fun made the day very enjoyable and it makes you want to come back and play again.

And that last bit is the most important part. Tournaments can be very stressful and intense if you let them be and it's very easy to get overwhelmed and disheartened. Plus Infinity has a lot going on in the first place so it's easy to get overwhelmed from the game alone. And once that happens you'll never want to go again because you didn't have a good time. Ultimately the only way to get better and consistently win games and events is to get lots of practice and play more games against those strong players. To do that, you have to want to play and be having a good time with the game. It seems your list has a good number of tools to use and if it's a bunch of models or profiles you think will be cool or fun, then just go for it. So much of the game is knowing how to use the tool you have rather then picking the right one.

Hopefully your first event is a good one and you have a good time. I look forward to hearing how your day went :)

XnEd, DaRedOne and MindwormGames like this.
  3. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

You might think about using a few Morlocks instead of only Jaguars since rhey basically throw smoke without touching your order pool.
    With Mines, Koalas and the Intruder's MSV2 or the Jaguars'/Morlocks' chainrifles the ODD/TO dudes are already in danger. So for buttonpushing the Spektr FO will be the better choice.

XnEd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation