1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassassins without fireteams

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Duront, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Muzzya

Muzzya Member

Frankly speaking i do like Asawira BSH more, as she has DA which gives you more options in comparison with shock CCW)
    Below is my final roster so far

Last
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 / 2 / 1
    BARID (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (-3)]) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    YARA HADDAD (Strategic Deployment) AP Marksman Rifle / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    GHULAM (NCO) Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 15)
    ASAWIRA (Lieutenant) AP Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    ASAWIRA (Doctor [+3]) Boarding Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    MUYIB (Tactical Awareness, X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 25)
    FARZAN (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    McMURROUGH Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP + DA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    FIDAY Rifle, Light Shotgun, Shock Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)

GROUP 21
    DAYLAMI (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 5)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)

4 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#21 Muzzya, Oct 18, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    QueensGambit likes this.
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I assume it is for the +1 Burst bonus in the initial phase?
    The idea is interesting indeed.
    I'm just afraid I'll forget about it by the time I'll be able to play my next game with HB - it is very, very outside the box for me.

Sadly, you can't do that anymore. Asawira are purely Wildcard nowadays, meaning they can be glued to another Fireteam (defined as having at least one model from the unit permitted to form a Fireteam) - but they can't form a Fireteam on their own.

Apart from that, I agree: having a shotgun, preferably a boarding shotgun, is very useful on Asawira once you have to fight in a dense terrain. Though the AP Rifle + LSG isn't bad to have around, either.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

It's because Ghulams can't form Duos, and you need 3 members to form a Haris. So you can't just make an Asawira + Ghulam Duo or an Asawira + Barid Duo. But you can make a Haris of Asawira, Ghulam, and Barid. Once it's formed, if you move the Asawira and Barid up the board, the Ghulam will leave the fireteam once you're 8" away and now you have an Asawira + Barid Duo.

Oops, you're right!

If you wanted a 3-Asawira Haris, you could do the same thing - make a Core with the 3 Asawiras and something else (probably a Ghulam), then advance the Asawiras and be left with just them in the link.

Cadwallon likes this.
  4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

This thread inspired me to try massed Asawiras again in a tournament yesterday:

The armory
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    ASAWIRA AP Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    ASAWIRA (Doctor [+3]) Boarding Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    ASAWIRA AP Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    GHULAM (NCO) Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 15)
    BARID (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (-3)]) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)

FIDDLER (Climbing Plus) Contender(+1B), Drop Bears, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 42)
    [​IMG] 2X JACKBOT Vulkan Shotgun / . (0 | 14)
    KAMEEL (Hacker, EVO Hacking Device) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 15)
    GHULAM (Lieutenant) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 14)
    SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    MUTTAWI'AH Boarding Shotgun, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 10)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, Jammer / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 6)
    NADHIR (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, Flammenspeer / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

The Ghulam used his Lt order to propel the other four team members forward, but stayed behind himself. The KHD threw a pitcher and Trinitied the enemy hacker, and the three Asawiras held down the objective room. Yup, they're still very hard to kill.

Given this model, I'm actually wondering if the Ghulam NCO is worth it. He only contributes the Lt order to the fireteam once, rather than every turn. I'm thinking maybe make the Barid Hacker the Lt instead - since he's not in a fireteam, he can use the Lt order to hack (or throw a pitcher) every turn.

In another game with a more normal (for me) Asawira Spitfire/Barid/Ghulam fireteam, confirmed the value of breaking the team to just move up the Asawira and Barid KHD. Neither of them needs +1B to be effective, and leaving fewer targets in the midfield is important.

5. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

HB has a LOT of list flexibility due to its roster, which can be a bit overwhelming for new and even intermediate commanders to grasp.

You can build to meet the mission needs. Or, you can can cherry pick only the best models and run with that. I call that value list building. Or, you can build a list that focuses on shutting down some of the more threading units such as HI/TAGS. That’s what I do. Or, try to cover all aspects in one list.

Based on your approach you will most likely create two fire teams without trying too hard. Typically each team is better suited for offense or defensive. Smaller teams are more maneuverable so this would be more offensive list while the larger team sits back and supports the smaller team. And, just because you can make a five man team doesn’t mean you have to field it as such if the terrain is throwing you off.

#25 sololobo, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  6. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

in October I played my first tournament since 2017 at all with HB and used these Fireteams in both lists:

GROUP 1 3 / 1
    MUYIB (Tactical Awareness, X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 25)
    ASAWIRA (Lieutenant) AP Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    ASAWIRA (Doctor [+3]) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)

GROUP 2 / 1
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)

In advance I tested quite similar lists in Haqq Vanilla - but the better order management with fireteams and those tactical awareness orders for each link were a huge plus on the HB side. I cannot find a bonus running HB w/o fireteams instead of switching to Haqq Vanilla and gaining a lot more profile options and flexibility.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation