1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassassin Theorycrafting Redux

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by QueensGambit, Mar 16, 2021.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Since the start of N4. They can join a Ghulam link. It's delicious.

Krofna likes this.
  2. Krofna

Krofna Well-Known Member

Oooooohhh, I haven't played Hassassins since end of N3. Damn, I see why we're suddenly bonkers :D

QueensGambit likes this.
  3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

It's a Daylami, Nadhir and a Mutt w/ Jammer plus arguably a Mutt w/ Smoke. Very different beast when you can put out that jammer ZoC for defense too.

4. QueensGambit

True. If we're counting the Mutts, I should say my minimum comfort level so far has been three Daylamis + 1 Mutt with e/marat. This morning I'm gonna try without the Mutt and see how it goes. Regardless, I wouldn't want fewer than three long-range AROs. But that's just me!

5. QueensGambit

Just tried this version in Quadrant Control:

Quadrant Control
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    YARA HADDAD (Strategic Deployment) AP Marksman Rifle / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    BARID (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (-3)]) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    GHULAM (NCO) Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 15)

ASAWIRA (Lieutenant) AP Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    GOVAD (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 26)

SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    FIDAY Rifle, Light Shotgun, Shock Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    FIDAY Rifle, Light Shotgun, Shock Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    DAYLAMI (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    4.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I went first, which is a big downside in Quadrant Control, so it was a good test of the list. I liked the small links paradigm.

Turn 1, the Yara "triad" moves up while pitching repeaters. Then the Asawira/Govad duo moves up while hacking targets. Then the missile bot moves up while raining death from the skies. Took out a Brawler sniper and isolated a Tanko, which is not too bad for a first turn. Cancelled both teams and coordinated the Asawira, Yara, Ghulam, and Barid into suppression. My opponent spent his turn dealing with repeaters, Daylamis, and Fidays, so he didn't move enough guys up and I scored three zones.

Turn 2, the repeaters are gone, but everyone is already in good spots in the zones, so I basically spent the turn moving the Govad up and hacking everything. Opponent is left without enough orders to move enough guys up, and I score three zones again which is enough to secure a win in Quadrant Control.

Turn 3 doesn't matter, so I make some random killing attempts but pretty much just lose Yara to a crit.

That's probably more hacking in one game than I've done in my entire Infinity career previously! It worked well against Ikari which is full of HI that are largely immune to Fidays and such. Having only three guys in the core link made it easy to place them somewhere reasonably defensible and just not worry about them for the rest of the game. Worst case, if my opponent spends the orders to root them out, I only lose three orders instead of five.

I think I might swap the missile bot into group 2. My opponent would probably then have drained 2 orders from group 2, but that leaves me with a full pool in group 1 and I can just Oblivion his HI instead of spotlight-guideding them. Or flip irregular orders with command tokens, as it's not a token-hungry list.

With all the hacking, I didn't feel the lack of big guns, but it was noticeable that if I'd needed to do any shooting on one flank, all I'd have had was Yara. She proved as fragile as I expected, killing nobody and dieing to a crit in her first firefight. If I'd needed gunfighting that flank, I'd have had to fall back on the skirmishers.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation