1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassassin or Ramah?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Duront, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

coming from Shas could look like to play hassasin will the same flavour, but while you can play succesfuly Hassasin as they were a kind of Shas you aren't forced to, you can go for a very very different path. In this sense don't be afraid of playing hassasin, the issue could be that you ended playing hassasin same as Shas only, without looking for others options. You know our brains are sometimes a little lazy to do new things. If you want to avoid that possibility, then go to Ramah, where it will be impossible any kind of similarity with Shas.

Best regards!

PS. Please, let us know what finally is your choice.

2. Duront

Duront Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone! I think I will try Hassassin. I don't enjoy fireteams bigger than a haris and it seems like Ramah needs a five man link of some kind in every list. Based on peoples advice, it seems I might enjoy the individually strong units in HB.

Please let me know if my assumptions are wrong and HB requires a full core as well.

3. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

While I did great use of some list without fireteams at all, I regulary play hassasin at full fireteam strenght (core+haris), but I knew others players which use haris+3 members core instead of full core. Right now you can play succesfuly, dependant of the mission, table and rival, a bunch of lists with hassasin, not being any of then better than others, only different. Even you don't need to be confident on fidays only (with the fireteam changes a few months ago you have to do it a little more than before, but not as much as you have to back in N3). All those lines are the "reason" I described Hassasin as "flexible", not only "when the game is on".

About Ramah... a bunch of players have a tendency to play "full core", but it isn't right now the unique way. Zhayedan are excelent attack pieces in a haris, same for the mukthar. You have plenty of profiles which can be practically in any ramah fireteam, so you can have endless "3 members fireteams", and you have some pieces which works really well "solo", like the Namur. Nahabs are a pain in the ass, no matter if you are using the parachutist profile or the infiltrator (in this case the fun is when you place the 3). Haris + false haris are now a thing thanks to the fireteams changes (we lost some things, but we had others). The thing about "full" core is to have another ARO option beyond the "pulse flash rems" or the "warcor". A haris for ARO pourpouses could not be the best idea general speaking, but beyond that you have plenty of creative choices. Maybe, in my opinion, the "worst" thing about Ramah are how "kawharis" can't be used in full mode in Ramah list, if you align one it will be too much.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

At the start of N4, I played HB with a full Core. This was before the Raveneye rules, so it provided BS15 Pitchers and a big part of the faction was throwing repeaters at the other enemy DZ and GMLing everything (see my now-out-of-date tactica for the odds on the pitchers). BS17 Asawiras were also fun although kind of unnecessary.

Playing with an active 5-trooper team was pretty tedious, I got sick of moving them all around and also of seeing them templated. I switched to Vanilla at the start of ITS13 and liked it a lot better, especially once it got duos. Asawira + Rafiq duo is maybe the perfect fireteam, especially in button-pushing missions.

McMurrough has brought me back to HB, and though I haven't been back long enough to say with any confidence, my initial take is that harises and duos are the way to go now. One could reasonably argue that this is the best HB fireteam option:

Less is more
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]2
    ASAWIRA AP Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    1.5 SWC | 54 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

The Doctor keeps the Asawira regular, pushes buttons, has a shotgun, and can heal the Asawira, with a minimum of bodies to move around.

That said, the team I'm keen to play around with is this:

Triad
    [​IMG]3
    GHULAM (NCO) Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 15)
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    3 SWC | 71 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

An extra order, B2 smoke, B2 pitchers. This looks pretty ideal to me. You can also swap in a Barid KHD and deploy your HD somewhere else. I suspect that any increase to the size of this team would make it worse, not better.

Playing HB for McMurrough takes off the pressure to lean on fireteams. Before, I was like "if I'm not running fireteams, why aren't I just playing Vanilla?" Now, that question has an answer.

Gwynbleidd, Angry Clown and Rejnhard like this.
  5. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

To answer the question of hassassin or Ramah… I came up with BOTH as my answer. I currently have pretty much all the haqqi minis. God damn Pokémon syndrome, it’s emptying my wallet.

When I first started in infinity though I played hassassins so they’ve got a special place in my heart. I’ve yet to play them in N4 (focussed too much on pano and usariadna) so cannot say as to their efficacy, to which I will defer to those who have posted above. @Urobros and @QueensGambit though have mentioned tactics and uses that I will be stealing…

More interestingly though, mcmurderface has been added to hassassins so I’ve picked his mini up. He should be fun.

theGricks, infyrana and Urobros like this.
  6. Gromuk

Gromuk Member

That first team doesn't look it is legal, ghulam fireteam can't use duo sadly.

That second team looks interesting, i might give it a try even tho it's hard to give up on the asawira + rafiq duo from vanilla.

7. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Huh. I did not notice that in the new fireteam rules, cores and harises have to start with min 3 members. Good to know!

Currently I'm experimenting with two teams:

Practically Tohaa
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    YARA HADDAD (Lieutenant, Strategic Deployment) AP Marksman Rifle / Heavy Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    GHULAM (NCO) Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 15)
    3.5 SWC | 131 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

This one I think is legal because one team can be a haris and one a core. I'm not normally a fan of MMRs, even with AP, but boosting it to B4 makes Yara a decent big gun that doesn't cost SWC.

8. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Yup its legal. 2 Ghulam Fireteams, one is a Core at 3 members, one is a full haris.

9. exiti

exiti Mad Scientist Gorilla

Hassassin or Ramah?

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: It depends on the play style you want to use. HB is a shenanigan toolbox. However, Ramah is a more of a straightforward military force.

Urobros likes this.
  10. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm still loving QK.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation