1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassassin Escalation

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by ambisinister, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Indeed they can't.

Still, the Fanous can be a mean ARO machine, especially over long ranges: Flash Pulse is a technical weapon, so it runs off WIP (13 in this case!), not BS. And the drone itself gets Mimetism, so it isn't that easy to hit while in Cover and a decent distance form the opponent. Taking it out is likely ot eat quite a few of the opponent's Orders... and if you're lucky, even Blind someone for the turn. Which naturally doesn't kill, but definitely does hinder oppopnent's plans.

Also, I've learned the hard way a list never has enough Orders to do the killing with every model capable of doing so. Therefore I tend to build lists around a couple of offensive models, maybe a dedicated ARO model or two, and the rest being there primarily to generate orders.

In your list:
    • a Lasiq could beliver deadly shots from a distance (assuming you run into Myrmidons or similar OOD troops. Aleph has other troops too - and not all of the are using ODD).
    • a Farzan can do a lot of Board Control / Denial with his AP Mines.
    • Ragik would allow you to intervene wherever an opening in enemy line presents itself.
    Still, I believe you need more Orders. 7 Regular and some Irregular as a bare minimum, preferably 8+ Regular.
    So, taking that into account, I believe a Farzan Minelayer and a pair of REMs would be the best optiion:
    [​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9
    [​IMG] GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] GHULAM HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

1 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

ambisinister and Xeurian like this.
  2. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

If you can hack, the Barid + Rafiq is a lot of fun.

Balewolf likes this.
  3. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

@Errhile Thank you for the advice.

@oldGregg I get access to hacking starting next round.

4. oldGregg

ah ok.
    I like @Errhile 's list and agree you will really want a full order pool. But if you don't want REMs, I really really enjoy my Ghulam ML. You could try this:
    [​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    [​IMG]7 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    2.5 SWC | 149 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

If you're worried about ODD, a BSG in good range will basically cancel its impact. This list will give you that and a full 10 orders:

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] FIDAY Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    1 SWC | 150 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

ambisinister and Errhile like this.
  5. ambisinister

Round 3 is done, another victory for me, but this was one of those games decided by a single roll of the die.

Knowing I was up against more aleph and fearing Achillies, I really wanted to bring some Mutts and ended making a list identical to the second one @oldGregg suggested.

[​IMG] Wiz Escalation 3

[​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2

1 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My opponent didn't bring Achilles, but he did bring a Marut.
    [​IMG] ALEPH

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KARKATA Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    [​IMG] LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)

3 SWC | 148 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I was a little worried, I didn't have the best for dealing with this and I lost initiative and had to go second. I assumed he was going to Rambo up the table with his TAG and there wasn't a whole lot I could do to stop him in the reactive turn, so I tried to deploy the mutts to watch the approach to my link team, assuming that's what he'd go for first, and I put the fiday in a position to threaten his order pool.

Game began, he ramboed down the field, killing two members of my link on the way in (I underestimated how tall the tag was on top of buildings) but fortunately he'd have to get in close to get the other 3 and that He popped around a building catch my LT and Mutt in a heavy flamer and to my benefit, underestimated the emarat. He killed both the ghulam and my mutt, but failed that BTS check and his TAG turned into an expensive statue. I spent my first and second turns cleaning up his order pool with the fiday and having Leila d-charge the Maruts into scrap and that was the end.

Difficult for me to evaluate unit performance on this one.

The Fiday, as always, was efficient in targeting cheerleaders due to his deployment advantage.

The Farzan once again saw no use as no one ended up in his area and the fiday was closer to clean up the cheerleaders.

For once the Ghulams didn't do anything, they just served as bait. It was nice having Leila in the team to blow up the Maruts, though the HMG likely could have also worn it down.

Fanous did a good job cheerleading! In this match up I deployed it very conservatively to both preserve the order and make sure the Maruts could not kill all my cheerleaders from a single point in my DZ. I do wonder if putting it in a position where it could have threatened with a flash pulse and used up an order or two from the Marut would have been better.

The Mutts are the MVP of this match. Had I not bricked the TAG i'm not sure how I would have dealt with it. I suppose the fiday would have been the next best thing.

Next week we've finally got access to hacking and command tokens, so that'll be exciting. I might even be able to get the Ayarr on the field. I'll keep ya'll posted as I start to brainstorm lists.

Thank you all again for chiming in as I make my way through the league. You're a fantastic resource.

#45 ambisinister, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    oldGregg likes this.
  6. Errhile

This kind of list from your opponent is an one-trick-pony. There's effectively nothing to act with save for the big bad TAG.
    And I've seen Main Battle TAGs (the ARM 7 - 8 standard) being dropped by enough rifle shots.

You say you went after his cheerleaders, and that was indeed the best thing to do. Any model becomes way less scary when it is Order-starved.

oldGregg likes this.
  7. ambisinister

Next round is up. My opponent is Star Co., so looks like I’ll be up against all of Corregidor’s most annoying plus riot grrls. At least he can’t take intruders, but browsing over the builder, there’s some nasty AD in there and Emily looks real annoying.

8. oldGregg

A Fiday should ruin Emily’s day. 150 points + hacking is this round for you, right?

9. ambisinister

200 points, hacking and command tokens. Objective points are awarded for killing (up to 3), troops alive at end (up to 3), and 2 classified (worth 2 each). As much as I’m interested in trying out The ayyar, I’mnot sure he’s the best fit yet. I’ve jammed out a few lists. Hopefully one of them might be tweakable into something useful.

[​IMG] List A

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] RAGIK Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

List A takes a lasiq and a ragik for a spin.

[​IMG] List B

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] MUYIB (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (X Visor) Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    [​IMG] MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1

3.5 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

List B has a muyib haris.

[​IMG] List C

[​IMG] RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]3

3.5 SWC | 199 Points

Open in Infinity Army

List C has some mutt and daylami spam.

[​IMG] List D

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1

1 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

List D is a double fiday double farazan adventure.

*edited to fix some garbage formatting from mobile.

#49 ambisinister, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  10. ambisinister

Round 4 completed an another victory, this one at 10-2, opponent tabled. We had classified objectives this time, I drew extreme prejudice and HVT: Espionage.

I was a bit nervous going into this one. I don't have a lot of experience going against the merc companies and starco seems to have a few different directions it could go, so it was hard to plan for. I ended up going with List C, figuring some cheap troop spam would help trip up my opponent.

[​IMG] List C

[​IMG] RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]3

3.5 SWC | 199 Points

Open in Infinity Army

After deployment was completed I was pleasantly surprised to see a Mobile Brigada Core, which was a list that I felt my own comp would work well against.

[​IMG] Starco. Free Company of the Star

[​IMG]8
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)

2.5 SWC | 197 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My general strategy was to distract with the mutts and daylami (and maybe inflict some casualties) use the fiday or farzan to clear out the cheerleaders and then break his link with mine or the farzan/fiday if they were still alive. And that's generally how the match played out.

Mutts: Despite bringing four, they accomplished very little. 3 died without even getting a chance to attack anything and the fourth made a single attack that was saved. Their main advantage was that they made my opponent nervous in round 1 and he focused his first round cleaning them up, so they did buy me a turn.

Daylami: They biffed their rolls and ended up in my DZ. One of them ate up an order in the first round and died. The other loitered around the DZ and didn't do much. I think they would have done more had they either a) passed their rolls, or b) if my opponent attacked with AD and they could defend my DZ.

Farzan: Yet another game where he did not activate. So far I've been aiming for the alpha strike, both because Bahram feels like it should be played aggressively and because these early missions are all murder focused. As a result, I often end up deploying first since I've been picking turn order on initiative. And thus far, all of my opponents have avoided the camo tokens, so I guess he's been working for area denial.

FIday: Not the star of this one, but he still bagged the alguiciles, and got me my extreme prejudice objective. He also turned the Jaguar around so my link could shoot him in the back. My opponent was smart and deployed the reserve unit in such a way that I had to spend a few extra orders on the fiday turn one to keep him attacking safely. I feel like I was a bit inefficient with him this game, but there weren't a lot of targets of opportunity. Maybe I should be using his smoke more? I dunno.

Remotes: did a fine job cheerleading. I sprung for the rafiq to cover FO based classifieds, but since I didn't draw any he just hung out in my DZ defending it against a non existent threat.

Ghulams and Leila: They were the all stars on this one. Unfortunately when they did end up going toe to toe with the enemy link it was in the midfield where their long range weapons were in unfavorable bands which forced me to rely on Leila for the active turn shooting (so I was glad to have her, not that a dam 13 rifle was particularly effective on MB) until we got up close. The clutch moment was when the missile launcher got a lucky ARO and clipped the daktari while she was standing too close to massacre and getting that link down to four, even though I lost her in the process. And that was my opponent's error. He was trying to get in close to spot light me for his classified, but that left his link clumped up on the midline only an order and a half away from mine. On my turn (bottom of 3) I was able to use Leila to kill the hacker from out of LoF and then popped the doctor around for some light shotgun work to finish off the rest of the clumped up link. Burst 3 on 17s was able to wear the rest down and now I'm absolutely sold on the basic Haqq weapon combo. Give me a rifle/light shotgun over a combi any day. After that I used the last of my orders to have Leila break off and hack the HVT.

All in all it was a good match. I'm still getting used to proper asymmetrical trading but I'm enjoying the offense focus of Bahram. In a way it reminds me a lot of JSA in the sense that we don't have the most advanced toys (no TO, no MSV2, no fancy remotes) but through creative and surgical use of our aggressive attack pieces we can be very effective.

#50 ambisinister, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  11. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Bakunin has Riot Grrrls, just as a side note.

12. ambisinister

I'm not sure I understand your comment.

13. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It was regarding about a comment earlier that your enemy was going to field Corregidor and u expected Riot Grrrls, which they aren't able to field. Knowing enemy's incoming units is an important part for building lists.

14. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Nah, he said "It's going to be StarCo, so I will face Corregidor's most annoying stuff plus Grrls".

dakara likes this.
  15. Errhile

Well, I'd say they did well enough. One good hit from an E-Marat is after all capable of effectively disabling an entire HI Fireteam, and if your opponent was aware of that, little wonder he concentrated on getting rid off the Ghazi. Which means he couldn't concentrate on your other troops.
    And this, in turn, means Ghazi have absolutely did their role.
    I mean, it did cost you 20pts for the four of them. It did costed him one of his 3 turns.
    Which of these costs was more debilitating?

Yup, exactly my problem with infiltrating Daylami. I can't really get them where they should be.
    My solution to this problem? Forget about Inferior Infiltration, buy normal Daylami PF. Deploy them as ARO pieces in good cover, and watch your opponent wasting Orders killing them.
    Yes, he'll succeed, eventually. But the risk of getting a PF warhead to the face as an ARO will force him to do it, whether he can afford the Orders or not. And who knows, you may actually score a hit - BS 11 and a decent range band is not half bad.

Rafiq, actually, is not half bad in the assault role. It is fast, does pack a Rifle + Light Shotgun, and a Repeater. If you boost it with an Assisted Fire Supportware (you need a regular Hacker for that) it can pretty effectively waste enemy light troops (Marksmanship L2 - ignore Cover penalties for shooting, and get Shock Ammo. Against groups of 1- wound models, it is a meatgrinder).

oldGregg and emperorsaistone like this.
  16. ambisinister

@Errhile Thank you for the comments! I suppose I did ramble on about how the Mutts did serve a purpose immediately after saying they didn't!

Round 5 has been posted! The TO mixed things up this round and we'll be running Frontline instead of the default escalation mission. He kept the point total at 250 and kept the allowance for a 12XP spec op. I'll be up against ISS. Time for me to start brainstorming!

17. Errhile

Some nasty Heavy Infantry there, including Su Jian (this thing does well in lieu of a light TAG...). I'd say some Claw-capable Hackers and a few Repeaters will do you good.

18. ambisinister

Fortunately for me, Yu-Jing is my original faction so I'm quite familiar with it and super agree with your assessment. Some Assault Hacking would be a great deterrent against a lot of their nastier toys: craen train, hsien haris, wu-ming core, su-jian. I'm definitely planning on making some room for at least 1 barid and a fanous.

In terms of other options, Mutts will be a no brainer, and I can probably fit in two Farzan minelayers easy. Even with my still limited experience it seems stupid to leave the fiday on the shelf, it's very cost effective for the pressure it can bring. I was thinking a Muyib Haris might be fun to play with, but for frontline the Asawira haris is probably better, though more expensive. Still, it might be a good thing to bring. The other thread on the boards has a lot of nice stuff to say about it. This might also be a good chance to try out the rifle Lasiq.

I don't typically mess around with spec ops, but a muyib with holo1 seems too juicy to pass up.

19. Errhile

Keep in mind you could take any SpecOp base. Still, Muyib is definitely an interesting option.

20. ambisinister

Even Hafza? I thought it was limited to profiles within your list.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation