1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassasin Bahram beginner

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Xagul82, May 23, 2020.

1. Xagul82

Xagul82 Well-Known Member

Hi,

again it took quite a while to get my next game in, but I managed it ;-).

This was my list (due to a campain play limited to 225 pts):

https://infinitytheuniverse.com/arm...BAAIFAIFDAQYAAIFDAQYAAIFDAQYAAIE+AQEAAIFOAQEA

Things that worked well were the Daylamis, Yara, the Govad, the Mutt, and the Barid - he killed the Ninja Hacker and scored a point by holding a console. I overextendet the Assawira and I managed to kill him whith regeneration...

Things I have to work on are:
    • the deployment, it is fine to have everything in cover but I have to bear in mind that if you are part of a linkteam you should not restrain the other 4 members in their movement... or in general be carefull when deploying on rooftops if you want to move the model to a lower level
    • think twice how to engage an enemy threat, don`t do it by exposing you to an other threat...
    • only one piece that provides smoke may be a bit too less...
    In the end i lost the game, my opponent held 2 consoles and I managed to hold one an we both had 2 quadrants.

The next game will be looting an sabotage.

After reading the mission objektives I guess a Fiday with DA CC; a Farzan whith d-charges and the Assawira Doc are the main parts?! Or am I missing something? The Daylamis could get the boxes, provided I go first ;-)

Ah my opponent - as always is JSA - this time its 300 Pts.

Im happy and thankful for your Ideas!

Urobros likes this.
  2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Fidays are actually not great at killing the Looting and Sabotaging objective, because its armor is so high. One Fiday is 41% to wound it, so you're spending an average of 8 orders to destroy it. Since you also have to spend a few orders setting up the attack, your odds of destroying before you run out of orders aren't very good.

If you can get a second Fiday in contact with it for the burst bonus, the average orders to destroy it goes down to 4, which is much better.

Fidays are also pretty squishy, though. A mine guarding the objective will take out the Fiday no problem.

The way I see it, there are two main approaches to the mission for HB:

(1) Lots of Fidays. A sacrificial Fiday in group 2 whose job is to throw smoke on the objective while also eating any mines. Another Fiday in group 1 with 10 orders to spend. Maybe a third Fiday to provide the burst bonus (one of them has to be Al Djabel due to AVA). A Farzan with D-charges wouldn't hurt either. With this strategy, you hope to go first and destroy the objective on turn 1, then spend the rest of the game defending.

(2) Asawira fireteam. You want to spend the first turn or two wearing down your opponent's defenses. Then on turn two or three, your Asawiras do their attack run, killing any remaining defenders and then murdering the objective with a big burst bonus. You can also stick Muyibs in the team for their D-charges.

I tend to think (2) is more reliable. (1) is too dependent on going first, and an MSV sniper can also really ruin your plans. But both are viable.

Urobros and Xagul82 like this.
  3. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

happy to have news about you and your progress as hassasin player :)

I played this year several times the Looting and Sabotage mission with hassasin. I'm agree with @QueensGambit, one fiday could have a hard time triying to destroy the "PAC", but two of them is something to have in heavy consideration. Of course a mine can do a lot of harm to yours fiday.

In this mission a couple of fiday are great with DA weapon. The asawira doctor is of course an option, but to me as "last resource". I recomend you to take a look on the "muyib spitfire" and "Leila", you can have a really good "haris" with an extra order (tactical awaraness on spitfire profile) and D-charges, the third guy could be Yara or another muyib "with mines" in order to protect your PAC and or your advance/retreat. Maybe Yara will be the best option because the MVL2, Leila has E/M mines in her own.

The approach 2 commented by @QueensGambit , more "conservative" I belive is to the best option in this case. If you include a couple fiday and go first, if the enemy made a mistake in his deployement then you can take advantage, if not, you can left the fiday close to the objetive and move the rest of your forces. Here the problem wil be "what taken down", the fiday or the rest of your troops. It will not be a good decission to make for your "enemy". If you aren't willing to include "2 fiday" with DA, you can still play "fiday+Farzan", the impersonator will do a good clean up of "mines" and then the farzan could walk close to the target and drop some d-charges.

Right now hassasin is really fun to play because we have a lot of choices

Good luck!!

Daylamis are great to protect your objetive and too to take "panoplies".

Xagul82 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation