1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Pride of Rodina, Feb 25, 2017.

1. YhGoauld_II

YhGoauld_II Active Member

I´m very happy with Ramah! However, I think Mukhtars send Khawarijs out of the lists because they are amazing.

I´m in love with Namurr too. I think it´s expensive but I think the skills (HyperDinamics2, Total Inmunity and Climbing Plus) deserve every point we have to pay for use them.

It´s going to be complicated to make a list with all the options I would like to play with....Khawarijs, Namurr, AlFasid, Hortlaks, Mukhtar, Tuaregs, Maghariba...

Ramah seem a sectorial army to be used in LI, because it will be hard make list with 15 o 16 models due to the majority of interesting models cost around 30-50 points...what do you think? How will Ramah deal against ultra aggresive camo or no camo spam? Do we have options against Caledonian Horde or TAK Spamcamo or Nomads Horde?

2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I hear you...the stuff is so cool that 600 points would barely be enough to fit everything^^

I guess, we got some good tools against the lists you mentioned. A Red Fury Mukhtar with MSV2 can blast them to oblivion, after they got sensored by Batard. We also got Ava 2 on linkable Rafiqs which can sensor them too.
    And we have Nanopulsers and some Mines.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The HMG is smaller than the 3 in the box, but not outside the realms of human variation. And some US Army units in WW2 were issuing the smallest guy in the squad the BAR (heaviest 'rifle'), out of some psychology that the little guy wasn't going to want to 'wimp out' before the bigger guys did, and the big guys weren't going to ask for a break before the little guy did!

Just skip the Jann with a sword and rifle, he's waaaaay too tiny.
    [​IMG]

Ironically, the oldest Jannissaries from N1 scale out OK against the newest. Shorter, yes, but about the same height as the HMG. Their armor is a bit rounder, but it still looks like it's a Jann to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shame that the old HMG looks so different, though.

4. TriggerPuller9000

TriggerPuller9000 Poverty Orde Wingate

I don't think they're restricted to LI in any way. You could easily build around...

Naffatun mixed links.
    Ghulam mixed links.
    3x AVA flash pulse bots.

There are enough cheap solid options in there to span 2 pools. Sort of like TAK in a way...the strong units are high 30s low 40s but you have cheap options galore if you want to load up on orders.

barakiel likes this.
  5. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

All the mystery special links are killing me. Naffatun mix with Ghulams? Fasid with Shaytinayah (like Azra'il in QK)? Rafiqs with...? Maghariba isn't Duo, so it must be with someone else. Namurr, Hortlak Janissaries, Janissaries...the list goes on. I feel like it could shake up a lot of the preliminary list building, but to mention not knowing what Monstruckers are at all.

Xeurian and oldGregg like this.
  6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Am I mad for entertaining a thought of Fasid in a core? I mean, if optimisation is somehow a name of the game now, half of the time? :)

LoganGarnett and oldGregg like this.
  7. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Probably? Is there an example of S5 Heavy in a full Core team? Yan Huo can Haris with a Zu Yong, Kriza can Haris with Hollowmen, Ajax but with Enomotarchos limitation...dunno about the new NA2 that include Fasid or Kriza.

I could see Fasid with Hortlak(s), or some kind of remote, but we won't know for another two weeks.

8. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think he should be in a core. Morats got TA Suryat in Vanguards, Ikari has Tanko in their link... I like our fatty to go around with his smaller friends ;)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

9. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

I think the Al Fasid in core, or at least the HMG Al Fasid in Core, is unlikely due to the absurd power of a BS 13 Specfire Grenade Launcher. The SMG/Rocket Launcher one might be, possibly as an FTO?

Xeurian likes this.
  10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I am happy to get more MSV2 and viral weapons in Vanilla.

Xeurian and oldGregg like this.
  11. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Gonna try out this nonsence of a list tonight for Biotechvore.

[​IMG] Haqqislam──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] KHAWARIJ (Chain of Command, Fatality L1) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] KUM Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] KUM Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)[​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] ÁYYĀR (Surprise Shot L2) Rifle + E/Mitter, D.E.P. / 2 Viral Pistols, CCW, Knife. (0 | 37)
    [​IMG] ZHAYEDAN Missile Launcher, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] KASYM BEG Lieutenant (Regular, Impetuous) Chain Rifle, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (+1 | 26)
    [​IMG] KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] FASID Heavy Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 45)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    4 SWC | 298 Points Open in Infinity Army

Zhaedan and Ayyar are stand-ins for Doc+ and MSV MUKHTARS, Fasid 8s a stand-ins for Namurr.. Wanted to try out links, but decided that I'd rather field my Kums at last.

12. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Short recap of Ramah VS Shasvastii - Mukhtars kill everything. Who gave two nanopulsers and Red Fury to MSV2 unit???

Danger Rose and Jonno like this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Emily and Druze say hi. So do the Wu Ming.

Someone who really, really didn't like Shas and Ariadna? :innocent:

14. The Red Duke

The Red Duke Well-Known Member

I think the Hortlak are veteran Janissaries who have regained the ability to wear a cube. Since their name means vampire or undead, I wonder if a lot of them are specifically L-hosts who have been resurrected?

Melchior likes this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I bet they're Jannissaries who stay on after they've earned their cube implant (something that not all Haqq citizens have, by any means). Finish their service, decide to stick around, and get trained in special missions tactics, recon, etc. Basically the elite of the corps.

Xeurian, The Red Duke and Errhile like this.
  16. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Do we know if the Hortlak special link is only with regular Jans? If they can link with Ghilmen, I think they may prove to be the solid rock of our new sectorial. I know they aren't as sexy as the super soldiers, but look at these possible links.

1) Hortlak CoC, Hortlak Sniper, Jan Akbar, Jan HMG, Jan BSG = 181, 2.5 SWC

That's an expensive link, but it will hit like a truck and be shockingly tough. The Hortlak Sniper is our answer to the Kamau in ARO, the Akbar will keep everyone going, and the HMG has all the usual benefits of an active turn HI HMG. Weapons at all range bands and enough points left over to fill with light infantry, remotes etc...

2) Hortlak CoC, Hortlak Sniper, Ghulam Doc+, Ghulam ML, Ghulam LT = 112, 2.5 SWC

This would be a remarkably strong defensive link that can sit back and rule the long range game. It also leaves LOTS of points for a Mukhtar Haris or Tarik or Khawarij. Whatever attack pieces we're interested in. It might be too good, but Hortlak as a kind of wild card officer (like Kamau or Santiago knights) would really help us out.

Manu_RLev likes this.
  17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

We don't know yet.

Patience, o brothers. In just ten days everything is going to be revealed.

Barrogh, oldGregg, Robtor and 2 others like this.
  18. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

I agree, but there is nothing wrong with a little baseless speculation. :) So long as no one takes it TOO seriously

In fact, I think our baseless speculation from earlier in the thread was pretty predictive! We expected a fast, aggressive assault focused sectorial and that's what we got. We knew that we'd need new MSV2 profiles (that we got) and imagined borrowing a QK link. Jans were specifically mentioned as they are our professional army. So I dunno. Seems fun to me to play and try to anticipate CB. Sure we won't likely be fully right on the details, but we can still try.

Speaking of baseless speculation, I wonder if the Nahab Aeromobile Team is going to be the super jumping bikes we heard about long ago.

Barrogh and oldGregg like this.
  19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I doubt it, the jumpbikes were supposedly intended for Gabqar Khanate. I expect a more conventional Aerial Deployment unit - it would be weird to have only the Hakims as RTF's sole AD choice.

Can't exclude it, however.

oldGregg likes this.
  20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I think that Hortlak are Special so I'd imagine some sort of funky link could be happening.

Tbh they actually are cheaper than regular Jannissaries so even just together that'd be a really viable link. I'm hoping Ghulams or Naffatuns though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation