1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Pride of Rodina, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

We can settle on a unit with transmutation though.

2. Ixidro

Ixidro Deep agent infiltrated in PanOceanian HQ

The main issue about an assault HI on Ramah is that if isn't better than Tarik, won't get any play. Yeah, the S2 is way better than S3, but Tarik's mobility and Fatality lvl2 is a very good combo and usable in the current meta. Even if the new HI gets a linkable profile, Tarik could be also linkable in a Haris (that's a widespread rumour, I'll take as a fact).

Maybe we can expect a NWI/CH:Mimetism linkable unit (haris), a MSV2 infantry and something to provide cover with smoke. Also, a new and cheaper infiltrator won't be bad either.

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well Tarik has his downsides. You can only take one of him, he's S5, he's got limited profile options (Spitfire and Rifle+LSG, LT versions), he's very expensive... like he's great if you want to spend 55pts on an assault piece that's... actually not that hard to kill (BS 13, PH 14, ARM 3 and BTS 3 with W 2 and no mimetism or suchlike, Sixth Sense or MSV of any kind mean's he's about as hard to shoot to death as your average baseline HI) and is hard to hide.

So for the kind of troop I'm going for there, it's basically a case of being a cheaper, more aggressive piece that is roughly as defensible in many ways but costs less and has more flexible options, but isn't quite as hard hitting probably. So it's doing a different thing. Tarik is great but, like, he doesn't invalidate the Asawira or Al Fasid in vanilla for good reason.

4. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

MO has no problem with Joan and Magisters, so I'm sure we could find someway to distinguish Tarik, Khawarij, and a hypothetical new assault unit. Keeping it cheap and simple would be a good start. Hyperkinetics instead of Superjump is another distinction.

You're right that both would vie for orders, but have secondary assault pieces is necessary in Infinity, especially when the first attacker is as fragile as Tarik can sometimes be.

5. PreacherSaul

PreacherSaul Active Member

Vet 2 for Muktars? Goes with the elite groove. Give them regen or sensor, maybe climbing plus?

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Eh, 2-ish wounds + aggressive loadouts/rules + regen sounds like Asawiras.
    I'd rather see something that is less of a waste of opportunity from standpoint of vanilla.

PreacherSaul likes this.
  7. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Ive played with the idea of a sheer tank unit in game terms, Total immunity, bio-immunity, NWI arm 3 or 4 MI, all close range weapons like smgs and shotguns, ap rifles, but no significant cc rules. Just a pure "hold the line" trooper.

8. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Well, it was said that Numairs concept was long gone... But we've seen Hollow men recently, so I wonder...

... what if

6-2, 16, 12, 13, 14, 3, 1, 2, 2, Regular, Impetuous, AVA5
    Duo, Core
    V:NWI, Shock Immunity, Climbing Plus / Multiterrain, Berserk

AP CCW, Pistol, Nanopulser, Nimbus Grenades, Rifle+LSG

is not beyond possible?

9. scarab

scarab Member

Says who? Very disappointed - I was really hoping for a S2 LI with 8-6 movement or something fun like that.

10. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

BostriaCite.png
    infinitytheforums.com

11. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I really hope, that doesnt mean, we dont get our beloved Supersoldiers.

12. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Right now I just want the sectorial that goes with the box I bought a year ago. Tunguska can get a sectorial released with a PDF, JSA gets a PDF, NA2 gets a PDF, Varuna will, OS, TAK...it's getting pretty old.

13. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Beloved? :p

I thought it was pretty obvious that they are going release Ramah along side the Yu Jing (Invincible Army?) since that seems to be the story arc?

14. Dealan79

Dealan79 Active Member

I'm not too worried about it. Right now, Haqqislam seems to be doing alright with regard to options relative to many of the factions. Ariadna has three (soon to be four) sectorials, PanO, Nomads, and Combined have three sectorials, and everyone else is just catching up or way behind compared to Haqqislam (Yu Jing with one sectorial, Tohaa with one vanilla/sectorial hybrid, Aleph just getting a second sectorial, and NA2 a loose grouping of largely incompatible armies). In fact, if you already play Qapu Khalqi you're probably just a couple of PanO remotes away from a decent Druze army. I'd like Ramah as soon as possible as well, but if I'm being honest I think Yu Jing players probably deserve some focus before we do, and those Red Veil models work pretty well in Vanilla or as proxies in one of our existing sectorials while we wait.

P-Chan and Errhile like this.
  15. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Of course. Dont tell me, you wouldnt fall in love in an instand, with a bioengineered Haqq beauty? ;)
    No seriously, since I first heard of that sectorial, I have been waiting for those supersoldiers.
    So Id rather wait a year or two more, if that rises the chance somehow to have them in the sectorial and beeing awesome.

16. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Okay? I'm not sure what that is supposed to refute. Where is IA then? That is the other reason I bought Red Veil. I will take their PDF with my RTF PDF and the "story" PDF I won't read.

I like your enthusiasm but I bought Red Veil specifically for the sectorials that should of come with them but failed to materialize making me regret my purchase (I was relatively new and didn't know that CB's PR ambassador is the one person your supposed to ignore).

17. Dealan79

Dealan79 Active Member

I think maybe I've been burned by so many game PR ambassadors over the years that I now tune them out entirely. Often they're enthusiastic fans of the game who let their desire to please players extract promises that aren't backed by the development team. Most of the time they're well intentioned, but that's not the same as well informed.

18. Papa Bey

It wasn't refuting anything, it was a possible explanation.

The Icestorm/Red Veil/Cold Front boxes have never been about sectorials.

I've been waiting five years for the boxed set of Khawarij that Carlos told me was after the turn of the year.

Errhile likes this.
  19. Papa Bey

See the deal for me is that it seems every 'bio soldier' that the fan base throws out there is completely lacking in story. There's nothing that these troops will have that isn't just a rule in the book. It's the backstory behind the numbers that makes them interesting for me. I really hope troops aren't invented solely for some sort of "play experience" or "balance". That someone takes in the point of view of the peoples in Infinity and their desires and goals and makes something that satisfies those.

I suspect that QK will be the price we pay to get Ramah Task Force.

20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Nobody said RTF would arrive straight away.

It was said that the Haqq starter in RV would become the RTF starter. And it will.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation