1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam Negativity Thread

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by LoganGarnett, Dec 9, 2019.

1. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I dont know...PanO made big gains in the last updates, due to the constant complaing how bad and bland everything is.
    And while RTF isnt bad in a competitive sense, its very bad in a thematic sense. So bad, that I invested countless hours to make my own Caliphate Sectorial for friendly games and go back to HB for official stuff.
    Oh, and there are the Zhayedans of course. And the pointless Fasid Fireteam. And the Mukhtar that overshadow everything. And, and...

Thats why I am not buying into RTF.

So keep on complaining guys (in a well behaved manner of course) and hope that CB changes things up in a year or two.

Barrogh likes this.
  2. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I mean... It's not just complaining to get buffs. Or at least it shouldn't be. As long as we're being honest about what we are talking about, there is no reason we can't talk.

Some stuff may be subjective here, but it shouldn't be a problem to tell what is and what isn't either, so...

Errhile and emperorsaistone like this.
  3. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

My only complaint about RTF is that Carmen is locked into that sectorial and I can't play her in Vanilla with the rest of my RTF goodies. This makes her a very niche pick as even when I do make the rare decision to play RTF there are a lot more builds that exclude her than include her.

4. emperorsaistone

The Fasid and Carmen are victims to the Ghulam NCO I guess. Having linked smoke with a free order at that pricepoint is just to good.

Apart from that, I forgot how much I dislike having MERCs in RTF. Thats what QK is for.
    Especially Carmens role would have been a perfect spot for another Supersoldier.

Xeurian, AssaultUnicorn and HardDisk like this.
  5. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ha, and that's what's beautiful in this game - for me it's the opposite. I rarely use the Ghulam NCO, because I don't like the 1SWC tax, prefer to use those points for other units, and I always take Carmen. She can do so much things... Brilliant unit.
    And I'm glad that Carmen isn't in Haqq - my favourite rider, Kasym Beg, would have such a hard competition that I don't know, if he'll be still in my go-to units.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

P.S. Now something not negative - last Saturday we finished another season of our Pomeranian Infinity League in Poland (13th season, totally 7 years of playing a tournament each month, I organized most of those in these years). This season it was 8 tournaments, and I played in 7, only using RTF, winning the Saturday's tournament with our holiday scenarios 200pts, beside that I was 2nd in 300pts ITS, had some worse and some better scores, after all I finished second in that league - won a player using Aleph / Steel Phalanx. Not bad for such a weak army ;)
    Here's the finished table: https://i.imgur.com/rzsz20K.jpg[/IMG]]Pomeranian League - 10pts for winning, 9 for 2nd place and that goes to minimum 1. Top 5 tournament counts.
    And as I like to play a bit with graphic, here's the diploma for the winner:
    https://i.imgur.com/qmW2Jlb.jpg
    And here's mine :D
    https://i.imgur.com/3PSZOlO.jpg
    If you're interested, more photos from the tournament and all diplomas for guys, who were at least in 4 tournaments:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Mj0746P

#45 KedzioR_vo, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  6. Barrogh

Especially considering RTF doesn't give up a lot of link-fielding options if it includes said NCO into Core.
    That said, are you people comfortable with just one smoke tosser, even if it uses LGL?
    Fasid is so expensive to include just for his smoke though...

Speaking of which, I sort of dislike Jans in RTF and Bill among QK Jans instead of Hortlaks.

7. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly comfortable with a Ghulam NCO as a single smoke provider. Even if he's out of Fireteam I can spend a Lt order to throw smoke whenever it is required.
    Fasid.. He's a big armoured target. I don't expect him to survive long enough to make use of his smoke, so I prefer HRL profile.

As for Janns in Ramah - yeah, I dislike them too. It is nice to see a HI Core, yes, but there's already so many choices with the LI of all flavours. I'd rather allow Hortlaks join Zhayedans or something, share them with QK and get rid of Jans in Ramah.

8. emperorsaistone

Well there are obviously still enough viable list concepts and thats a good thing for sure.:-D

Jup...really dislike them in RTF too. I mean, I get from CBs POV. They discontinued their parent sectorial and the box is fairly new. Its definitve a great box. The models are massive and look great. Its also the one box, that was so perfectly crafted...almost no mold lines and those were next to non existant. Everything went together like a charm.
    But imho they not fit into RTF a bit. There is nothing supersoldiery or high tech about them. They are a plain generic HI. Asawira would have fitted so much better, in case they really dont want to add another HI to Haqq.

If you mostly use your HMG Fasid in active turn (which is very adviseable most of the time) then he shouldnt be taken out easily. You either have the high burst of the HMG, which lets yyou win most of the firefights or you shoot smoke from out of LOF.

And yeah, more fleshed out Hortlaks instead of Janns as HI link would have been much more fitting.

LoganGarnett likes this.
  9. Barrogh

Well, Jans are still "the beautiful elite" by Haqq standards, it's just that they already have their sectorial which thematically suits them very nicely. Although I can understand the entire "discontinued" issue.

They have one drawback, which is packaging issue. The box is doc, shotgunner and ML. You can also buy HMG. No regular riflemen (meaning no Lt in case you need one) unless you can get that really, really old one, and while you won't always field more than 3 of them, you'll probably want more minis than that because of Holo1 fillers still looking like legit Jans should you decide to go old school.
    And In RTF this is non-issue because of Hortlaks and whatever else you can add there. Although TBH same goes to QK now that you can mix almost anything into Jan core.

I guess ultimately we should thanks that weird 3 trooper box for all link options we have now with them. It does look very much like CB trying to solve the issue with buying several Jan boxes and to be able to properly play them in links since it probably generates more bad noise than sells at this point.

#49 Barrogh, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  10. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I tend to disagree.
    Just switch the Medikit for the Shotgunners left hand and a Backpack on his back to cover the Hekim sign and you get a wonderful AP-Rifle wielding Janissary Lieutenant.

11. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Yup, I mostly use only the HMG and the Doctor, the rest of them are Hafzas/Odas/Bill/Leila

12. CmdrSandmann

CmdrSandmann Well-Known Member

Sure, but then you're buying a whole box just for one model basically. I really whish CB would produce "odds and ends" boxes with stuff like this or a new-style djan Sniper+rifleman. Just bundle up all these missing, but commonly used, minis. Or provide enough parts in the bloody boxes.

Barrogh likes this.
  13. Barrogh

Yeah, pure Jans is a rare thing. But you kind of need convincing Jan models to use Hafza fillers, and just prior to recent changes they were the only folks you could add to the FT.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation