1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in the age of 3rd Offensive

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Errhile, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Will the people who think that we should cut a sectorial loose, and/or cut AVA of anything please stuff a sock in it?

2. Deltervees

Deltervees Crash Test Dumbass

What do you think those MI and HI will look like? Currently, RTF has no MI and only the Fasid or Tarik for HI, but I'm having difficulty picturing a new unit that doesn't step on the toes of other stuff already in vanilla Haqq.

3. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Okay, but why? Honestly, why do Haqq players need to learn how to play without a unit present in the faction? Why is using a good unit in Haqq a crutch more than using any good unit in the other factions?

Should I as a primarily OCF player need to learn how to play without Unidrons or Nexus?

@Deltervees : Tarik is actually LI so RTF has only the Fasid* presumably at the moment.

*I still am unsure how a mercenary unit will fit into RTF lore wise.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  4. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

Yeah, I admit I'm stumped there as well considering theme-wise the MI and HI that would fit RTF already exist in different sectorials; the Djanbazan and Asawira. Some overlap between units tends to happen, see the HI in YJ for example.

As for units, let's look at what RTF doesn't have at the moment.
    • A distinct lack of infiltration or forward deployment. Your only options so far are the Tuareg or the Hakims. Other than big rambo pieces like Tarik or Maggie there's nothing that makes real use of Saladin's Strategos like in vanilla with Fidays or other infiltration units.
    • Protection from hackers. Leila, assuming she's in RTF, is our only real protection against hackers going after Maggie and Al Fasid. Ghulams, Tuareg and the Kameel are our only hackers.
    • Dealing with camo. Not every sectorial needs MSV. RTF units have plenty of templates like flamethrowers and nanopulsers, but it's difficult getting there when your only source of cover is the Al Fasid or the Zhayedan missile launcher with nimbus grenades.
    Mind you, I don't expect a sectorial to have an answer for every possible situation, but it's possible the remaining units can fill some of these roles. Maybe in unlikely forms like combat remotes, mini-tags or a hoverbike.

Deltervees likes this.
  5. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Perhaps we might see something like Varuna Orcs but with haqq since our only Akbar doc is a janissary so far and it would make sense for RTF to have and akbar too. Perhaps another akbar profile and something like bioimmunity? Besides that, ive done a full breakdown of haqqs sectoral structures and unit breakdowns to decode what we will likely recieve from RTF in an earlier speculation thread. We will see a MI or 2, another HI, and likely a warband which i could easily see in haqq as besides Kum we dont have any (ghazis are LI after all). I think an elite warband like Myrmidons/Daturazi/etc would be good and fill a role we dont have yet. Also we often get LI that fill the roles of other units. Tarik is like a HI, Ghazis are like a WB, Kaplans are like MI, so i wouldn't be suprised to see a LI thats like a SK. Besides all this, let me see if i can find my old notes and info.

KwarkyMats and Deltervees like this.
  6. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

Because we are Haqqislam players, our strength is our unity, not our units.

If your Ghazis are dead, what would you do? if your Ghazis are misplaced, will you use our entire turn to reposition? If you need to play LI, will you take 4 Ghazis?

We should not put our trust upon only one unit, we must use all the tools available the best way in that context.

And i'll play one ITS this saturday with OCF, one of my lists doesn't have Unidrons neither Nexus, so yes, i think you should learn how to play without them too.

Errhile and chaos11 like this.
  7. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Any reason why we couldn't have Asawiras in RTF?
    A full core of those could be fun and would fit the super soldier theme.

Smiler likes this.
  8. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

One reason would be fluff. They are the Hachib's personal guard. When they aren't busy defending her, they are busy keeping an eye on the Hassassin Bahram.

9. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I'm sure we can think of some suitably convincing reason why they might be deployed with the RTF.
    It just occurred to me that there was an existing HI troop with Regeneration that fits the whole super soldier vibe being touted for RTF is all.
    Not that I'm against new shiny units of course.

10. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

If we look at the fact that we have about 50 objects in the catalog (SKU) and the tendency of the KB to reduce the catalog, RTF can consist of already existing units for a larger share than new sectorials usually. That is, if with the release of the IA, YJ received seven new units (6 units + 1 character), Tunguska brought Nomads 7 or even 8 (if Raul is counted), then it is possible that only 3 can appear with RTF.

But even if true, that means we can easily see Djans and Odalisques there, not so bad :) And new sectorial-specific profiles definitely should appear. Maybe they'll give to Naffatunes Engineer+LRL profile. And... What about HRMC Al Fasid ? :money_mouth_face:

And I still hope for quick 2W units – after Hollows appeared. Even if "light" HI (instead of shitty PH10) it can be interesting... Numairs...

11. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Interesting idea for the numairs, but i have a slightly different idea.

Mov 4-6 or 6-6 or 6-4, CC 13 or 20+(shooty vs. CC unit), BS 11 or 13 (CC vs. Shooty unit), phys 13, wip 14, arm0, bts3, S2

Camo, climbing+, then whatever suits your fancy. Just a rough work in progress, but you get the idea. Hell maybe just give it mimetism and stealth instead of camo

12. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Well, Solar wished something like

and I thought about

but we have to wait.

13. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Is that an in universe reasoning?

That isn't a counter point to explain why they should be less AVA or why players should learn to not have them. That is just playing the game and the decisions you make while playing the game.

This isn't a reason why. This is just playing the game in a way that applies equally to everyone and every faction. You trust the Ghazi to do what it does and you trust the rest of your list to do what it does, like everyone else who takes units in a list.

Okay but why?

14. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

I think the argument for not leaning on ghazi is we know they are getting nerfed, so best to learn now to save pain later.

Smiler, Errhile and Barrogh like this.
  15. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Because Rodoks are actually nice, for one. And they are way better in OCF than in MAF.

As for Ghazis, they simply solve too many problems for too cheap. It's not very good if we are looking forward to Infinity with decent variability in our lists. Someone could decide to move some of their power to other units for that reason exactly, and we must be ready.

Errhile likes this.
  16. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Or in other words, overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.

HardDisk likes this.
  17. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Ghazis power also points to rather shoddy game design that limits the faction, right?

In the abstract, balancing our faction around the availability of ghazis is fine if we then include them in every list. But Infinity generally tries to avoid auto includes and the vanilla / sectorial divide runs into problems if a sectorial unit is so important. A new Ramah unit needs to be balanced with Ghazis in vanilla, but then it may be underpowered without them in RTF. So we should practice without ghazis so that they can be merged while other units are buffed, allowing a fuller Haqqislam experience.

18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

And the same can be said about any other single unit.

Palomides and HardDisk like this.
  19. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Yes. It's one of the weirdest things about the sectorial system, actually. CB has to balance units internally twice. This is a large part of why I expect vanilla to eventually go away, except in certain shared core troops (Ghulam, Leila, Janissaries for instance are generic enough to be in multiple "Haqqislam" factions.)

20. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I will have to say no to loosing Mutts.

I say this because Nomads and now PanO have just been given Jammers. Jammers with camouflage, infiltration, Sensor, Regular Order, and a Fast Panda. O_o Maybe we can argue for a Mutt buff. LOL

Now, I'm still newish to this game, but it feels like we in the worst state out of all factions. Maybe its the media I consume? I listen to many podcasts and I hardly ever hear Haqq ever mentioned unless its killing a lot of dudes at once. I watch and read many BatReps and its common to see Haqq dying in the mud. lol Plus, PanO, Yu Jing, Nomads, Aleph, and Arianda all got updates. This leaves Tohaa, but they are way up there on the compeditive ranking.

So, I'm wondering if CB isn't clearing the table for bigger work ahead i.e. updating Haqq? (Shrugs)

#180 sololobo, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation