1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in the age of 3rd Offensive

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Errhile, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Actually, Govads could benefit from NCO and Tactical Sense best. Right now they're outclassed by Ghulams on one side, and Muyibs on the other. Getting additional order efficiency from NCO and Tactical sense could work for them. And I think it'd actually fit their fluff.

Another candidates are obviously Lasiq. I could see them losing Fireteam:Core (anyone uses it, anyway?), and get Tactical Sense across the board. Some new loadouts, too. And maybe Duo.

Barrogh and emperorsaistone like this.
  2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Well there is one Ayyar loadout that is good. If you gave NCO to the Sniper, it would be an alternative to the MMR.

With the Asawira in Bahram you either have it in a Link, then Frenzy doesnt kick in and outside of a link it is so expensive and fragile, that one or two orders more on it wouldnt be too good. Rember I specifically mentioned the Ap/Lsg loadout, which is rarely taken.

Govads and especially Lasiqs could use it from a gameplay POV, fluffwise....idk.

3. emperorsaistone

I do occasionally...but more fore the sake of it, than anything else. In LI they are quite viable as core in my experience so far.

4. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

It would make sense for Ayyar or Asawira to get NCO/Tactical Sense. Ayyar especially is a lone wolf unit.

I also agree on the Mameluke department, that would be awesome!

Xeurian likes this.
  5. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Did somebody say Mamaleek?

6. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Looks like it was a big ole nope for Haqqislam.

7. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Seems that way.

8. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

okei okei guys...

we are all agree that haqqislam need a REWORK. Hassassins and qapu.

For me the Zhayedan is stupid unit in haqqislam why automedikit? we can heal them easly, why 32 points for hmg when we can put djanbazan or govad with visor....

the other unit for me that is for laught is alfasid all the other faction same IP have 2 wounds with no wound incapacitation why alfasid is worse and cost the same points or more?

Geodron likes this.
  9. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

Haqqislam is probably getting a minor rework when Ramah launches, just like PanO with MO and Varuna. I'm betting on QK here.
    As for the Al Fasid, it's a toolbox-y unit. What it lacks in straight up firepower and survivability, it gains in utility with skills like minelayer, veteran (can't be isolated!) and sixth sense level 1.

Errhile likes this.
  10. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

The Daiyokai and the Mowang are the only 2 S5 Heavy Infantry with NWI (as far as I recall). (Edit: and the Charontid, but that's a lot more expensive, and Ajax). And they are slightly more expensive on average and the Al Fasid is as mentioned a toolbox. I think this might be the first complaint I've seen about the Al Fasid.

#90 chaos11, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    ambisinister and Errhile like this.
  11. emperorsaistone

Also we Doctors...like real ones.

Errhile likes this.
  12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Still, I feel like bein' skipped.

Which is not a nice feeling.
    Could somebody pass me a glass of mint tea and some baklava, please?

13. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Yea, well, I guess we will see around March Until then you gotta play with those old toys.

14. Ankaa

Ankaa Well-Known Member

Even though we didn't get anything faction specific I'm still really exited for the Helot Freedom Fighter. I think it's gonna be a strong addition to vanilla Haqq, especially in lists that bulk up on nuisance trading pieces like Hunzakuts and Daylami.

Speaking of which, do we know conclusively if the SWC reduction on Army is a mistake? A last minute change to 0 would actually make me about as happy as getting NCO on a few models would have.

15. Brunmar

Brunmar New Member

I really like the freedom fighter too.

Ian has commented on the 0 swc being incorrect for the minelayer one on fb.

Since I don't always use all my swc in Vanilla, I'm ok with that

16. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

I agree that alfasid is a good toolbox, but it is really usefull? compare the points, 99,9% of the times I am going to take tarik instead of alfasid, from the other side the mine and the smoke are cool, yes, but we got muttawia for doing that job, in vanilla we gonna play 2-4 muttawia for list, so why spend the points of alfasid if we can pay a tarik and muttawias that do better job in game. (I'm not saying that alfasid profile is bad, I'm saying the cost is to high comparing with other troops that are more usefull)

In conclusion I only play al fasid for LI. for me is good for having sixth sense level 1 and veteran n1

Sometimes with the heavy rocket lancher in reactive but normally the other factions will it with TO or similar coz -12 and then -9...

17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I am under impression the CB have moved from "vanilla is primary, sectorials are variations on it" to "everybody plays sectorials, so vanilla is secondary to it after all". Smilar problems to what you point, @Fenrir, have been mentioned in other factions' vanilla discussions. "Why use X, if Y is way better?" and the answer being, usually, "Because X and Y belong to different sectorials".

Not saying that this is the right approach.
    Neither, that it is the wrong one.
    Simply one that CB seems to have adopted in the current era.

Stiopa likes this.
  18. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

We only have ourselves to blame.

19. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Don't worry. The update was quite isolated, it's not like everyone got new toys except us.

Although indeed, I feel like Infinity becomes rather different than it was 1.5 years ago. Armies have to keep up.

I'm pretty sure anyone who expects Fasid to be focused piece can generate a lot of complaints about him.
    At some point I was of the opinion that a lot of units being toolboxy to some extent is what should make Infinity less saturated with polarized matchups between lists. These days I'm not really sure since everyone who plays way more than me loves their focused pieces in ~15 order lists a lot, it seems...

20. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

well, HB is still at a good place, but i can see some wildcards, maybe one NCO or Tactical Awareness here and there... but yes, we need some new mixed teams.

QK is really needing some work, no questions ask.

But it will not be soon...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation