1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in the age of 3rd Offensive

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Errhile, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Myomer

Myomer Tyrannosaur in an F-14
    Warcor

Ooh this got me thinking. I would love to see a Saladin special haris option with 2 hassassin units. That would make inclusion of a couple of hassassin units in the list viable, such as AVA 2 govads, Muyibs, or some such.

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I'm just going to toss this out there.

Hassassin Exemplar.

Hassassins have a singular goal: to protect the Search for Knowledge. Though, removing impediments to the scientific, cultural, and spiritual development of the Human Sphere is often anything but. Safeguarding the future requires full dedication to the cause. Seekers of Haqqislamite Virtues, committed to the Search for Knowledge. In other words, Hassassin Exemplars. While not every Hassassin is an assassin per se, each strives to understand the art of murder. The loss of any life is regrettable, but that cost is ever balanced against the Search. In a society where Cubes are commonplace, death can seem like little more than an inconvenience. Hassassins, however, use it to deliver a clear message that those who place themselves above humanity’s future are never safe, no matter where they hide.

Update: Alas. Exemplar is more of a membership category than a job profile. Clarity among the Hassassin is...

#202 Papa Bey, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  3. Papa Bey

“لجألا نم قبسأ” (SWIFTER THAN FATE) Maghariba Guard pilots are the best equipped unit in the Sword of Allah, Haqqislam’s state army, and carefully selected for daring, cunning, and intuitive precision. In addition to their military utility, they serve as the Hachib’s personal guard, proactively identifying and eradicating adversaries before they can become threats to the Prime Minister. Often outnumbered though rarely outmanoeuvred, they rely on mobile ambush tactics, serving as a heavy anvil for Ghulam Infantry’s hammer.

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Taking into account what was done with Shang Ji (nothing) in the recent IA, I doubt that Zhayedans will be reworked. Wildcard likely, TA profiles possible, but something more – hardly so :(

5. Papa Bey

You keep your Yu Jing bad guy-ness outta here. :D

Errhile likes this.
  6. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

:speak_no_evil:
    Still viable example :)

7. Papa Bey

So's the Azra'il.

8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

But to be fair, that was a transition to another edition.

9. Papa Bey

I'd have to ask... so?

Humans Sphere first introduced the emphasis on fire teams and how they can be mixed. That wasn't a new edition. It was clearly a change in design philosophy. It also brought us the Azra'il being "reduced" to a solo piece. There was much moaning, tears, and gnashing of teeth as I recall. The explanation offered at the time was that there were "too many" fire teams available.

This year has increased the focus on fire teams and is, (I'm given to understand) the new way forwards for Corvus Belli. The increasing variety and variations of said fire teams easily exceeds what HSN:3 introduced.

So let's not sell ourselves short that things could take various turns. Which doesn't invite yet another list of cookie-cutter bog standard suggestions to "upgrade". Nor embrace pessimism over realism. We're all going to be disappointed no matter how wonderful it turns out. Just look at all the other faction forums.

10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, if that happened in HS or later, then disregard my remark and consider myself engaging in activities some could find unsavoury.

Errhile and Papa Bey like this.
  11. moxtron

moxtron Member

I have to say, that i don‘t know much about the background of These Units.
    But what i Would Love to see is a link Option for halqa and some nice weapon options like the spitfire, smg or even a bording shotgun

Aother Unit discussed by you all here previously the naffatun. I would love to See them as a wildcard unit with ava 4 and they are the only wildcard Option in the sector so you Can have some awsome Mixed links with them.

And Last i Hope they make Kasym beg an Inspiring Leadership lt Option.

12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

@moxtron regarding the Naffatun, expect their role to be revealed next years. My guess is Adepticon release.

For Halqa and Kasym, I wouldn't expect any changes for the next few years, i.e. before the release of the Khanate.

13. Papa Bey

You think it might be that early? "Everyone" assures me that should be Shasvasti.

14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I've heard otherwise, but let's say news overheard at one bazaar carry as much weight as those overheard at the other souk.
    One shouldn't trust in either of them (but I believe simply waving them away as obviously false is not a wise approach either).

:)

15. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

If the next book is really beeing released at Adepticon, then we at least have the rules for the next bunch of sectorials then. For the miniatures it would be definitely to early imho.

16. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

So considering that Tugunska wasn't in the last book but invincibles were (my guess is a last minute switcheroo for some reason), I'd guess the next book will be titled something akin to Retaliation and have tunguska, Rama, shasvasti, and Tohaa. Perhaps with a other new merc sectoral and redone QK, and corregidor.

17. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Shavastii an Tohaa are a Gencon release, while Ramah is supposed to be early next year.

18. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I thought the "new way to play Infinity" was the GenCon thing?

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Honestly I would like to see more shooters in Haqq

Going from Nomads, with plenty of Camo, MSV, ODD, Mimetism etc, to Haqq where your straight shooters often have no BS mods or MSV is quite the shift! Haqq also has relatively low BS, 11 or 12 is most common, very few Haqq troops get to BS 13 outside of HI.

20. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Well, at least we got great WIP! We have much easier time hitting those FO and Flash Pulse "shots" and doing objectives, huh?
    But yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a gunfighter with nice Mods and BS 13+.. even though it doesn't seem to be Haqqs theme. I mean, what units with BS of 14 we got? Just Maggie and Asawira.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation