Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.
Add a Farzan Sniper, so that we have to decide which ones to take once again:-D
What about the
S8 holoprojector profile for Farzan
The problem here is that CB decided to drop support for QK.
Not sure if serious, but I do think Holo2 at least needs a buff.
I would like to see an ability for its user to pretend to be anything not smaller than he is when deployed without holoechoes and maybe said user not being forced to declare holoechoes when active turn arrives otherwise, delaying that until activation.
Speaking about Farzan sniper, not sure if that profile will see a lot of action.
I propably wouldn't use it - just as I don't use Hunza or Hawwa Snipers. Tuareg the same. Deploying weapon ideal for maximally long distance closer to enemy doesn't make much sense, I prefer my infiltrators equipped with close range weapons.
Still I'll be glad if some of them got something like Shock Marksman Rifle - a bit longer range is good thing. And it would be nice on such a soldier like Farzan, with quite good BS. We didn't had any of those better ranged weapons until Nahab came out with Red Fury, but it's a bit different unit.
PozdRawiam / Greetings
Changes in rules or meta or the addition of sidearms (chain colt, assault pistol, breaker pistol) could make them more useful. I currently have lists with the Hawwa sniper. I'd rather them just left in.
I posted this in a discussion previously on youtube.
As a 3 year Haqqislam player:
- Mutts can change slightly. Reduce BS to 10, and reduce WIP to 14. I think another change is making Jammers Comms Equipment so they can be affected by Blackout and EM weapons, and thus have counter play outside of just "I am Veteran L1".
- Odalisques are a lame duck in Vanilla and QK...they could do with a slight rework to become a bit more focused. Either increased CC abilities to match their Bodyguard fluff, or something else.
- Zhayedan: Make them all MML2, raise all the SWC options points costs by 4(except Sniper), leave as is otherwise. Reduce all rifles costs by 2 points.
- Azra'il could do with a slight points bump and Full Auto L1. It would make him an interesting choice in his QK sectorial as an option for attack piece.
I have played Haqqislam religiously (pun intended) for 2-3 years, and have used every unit at least once. I believe personally Haqqislam is in a very good place over all. The only real outlier as a problem is not even the Ghazi but the Zhayedan. Ghazi are disgusting if you let them be disgusting. With the prevalence now of Spec fire weapons, and Vet level 1, they are becoming less and less of an issue.
CC would make them very useful in Haris but make them less of a point drop for Djan and Jan cores. They are already useful as a guard with their visor and NWI to defend your Haris against AD and WB. So adding the CC would be a mixed bag for Qapu.
However I would do it because it would be cool.
Opinionated comments from a long ago player recently come back in.
Some of this isn’t just Haqq but it all touches on the army.
1. Let auto medic and regen troops generate an irregular order for themselves. No one likes to use these skills because it costs orders and frequently just kills the troop. Negate the order cost. If regen was a freebie in orders we’d all like paying points for it a lot more.
2. Jammers are too good. I know they can be countered but they’re still too good. Let the isolation it causes be fixed via reset. Then it still sucks up orders but at least it’s not so bad. If needed change Veteran as well to make it more vulnerable to isolation, but not as vulnerable as a normal soldier. It would improve the game if this was less black and white.
3. Delete flash pulse. Or something. It’s flat out dumb that so many army lists include tons of cheap entries who’s job is to generate orders and shine pointer lasers in peoples eyes instead of shooting them with guns. It’s dumb! People love it because it’s strong but it’s dumb and it makes the game dumb. Nerf this into the ground. Maybe just make it a special dodge, like smoke, but with no long term effect on the target outside that particular face to face roll. Because it’s dumb.
4. Make Halqa cheaper and give them a light grenade launcher. Maybe one with smoke. Or land mines. They’re ok units but it’s completely fair that everyone compares them to the ubiquitous camo infiltrators that cost almost the same amount, but come with mines and a marker state. If this requires deleting their specialist options so that they can’t cheese objectives anymore, so be it.
5. Ghost Servant loses its +1 burst and str effect in melee. Let the nazmat just zap with it’s little zapper thingy. It’s fine. It’s not supposed to be combat gear. If this requires creating a new form of ghost for actual combat servants, fine. If this changes points costs, also fine. In general, stuff should work the way it’s fluff suggests when at all possible.
6. Naffatun special character with heavy flamethrower, forward deployment, regeneration, and mimetism. Just some suicidal nut with a giant flamethrower that can’t be ignored because he or she regenerates if left alone. It’s thematic and would just be fun. Flamethrowers used to be our thing. Let’s have more of them.
7. Just delete the boarding shotgun options CB never sculpted for any troop that already has a rifle plus light shotgun default. It’s fine.
8. Let us doctor dogged troops. If someone wants to spend the orders on that, let them. I don’t think it would unbalance anything that couldn’t be fixed, it would be fun, and the theme of a highly determined character fighting their way to a doctor is great.
9. Buff Odalysques with Kinematika 2. Leave everything else the same. Now if you get within 4 inches of them you might get stuck, but they’re not actually great close combat killers. This is unique and interesting. Also, resculpt the options with suppressive fire weapons that don’t cost swcs. The new sculpt is great and we need more.
10. Get rid of the alien race restriction on impersonation. It has no balance reason to exist. It’s not the biggest thing in the world but it doesn’t add anything.
11. Fix Holoprojector 2. It doesn’t fulfill its fluff. It’s core functionality should be making people guess which marker is real. This isn’t satisfied by the current rules on how it’s cancelled, because it too often cancels before anyone has to guess anything. Also fix it’s bad interaction with suppressive fire. I have suggestions here but no perfect fix.
Now that we know skills are gonna be broken down for N4, how do you think certain haqq units might change (for better or worse), now that stuff can be individually tweaked via each sub-rule
I can't say whether I disagree with Zhayedan pricing or modern designs pricing more, but here's fun observation: if you decrease Zhayedan HMG cost by 2 points and slap MSV2 and MMS2 onto him for free, he will stll be adequately comparable to O-12 Epsilon HMG.
Some additional changes to lesser used units:
Ayyar: Its a loner who sneaks in and fights by themselves. They probably should have Forward Deployment to give them a specific niche.
Hakims: They are Search and rescue. Please give a sensor profile and I am sure that they will be used more.
... and Veteran L1, pretty please
One thing that was kinda eyebrow-raising to me is the fact that in lore, Naffatuns are said to be carrying around flamer fuel that makes them prone to exploding upon death. But it wasn't reflected in their profile in any way. Soooo why not give them Explode L1 just to make them more fluffy?
Sounds like something that was retconned for N3 and I would be happy to see gone for N4 either way.
And what if that profile becomes cheaper because we drop Infiltration? Altough I think that Infiltration can be a boon sometimes even for Snipers...
A Viral Sniper could also make it more attractive, but gun id rather see on the Ayyar.
I haven't had any games where there were models with Explode L1 (except that one game against Imperial Service), but I'd like to know why removing that skill from the game sounds like a good idea to you. Does it prove time-consuming when you have to position the models so that they don't hit friendly troops if knocked out?
I was referring to the fluff piece about suicidal troops, not the explode L1 skill. I don't terribly mind the explode skill, but it would have unfortunate implications in Haqqislam. I'm glad they made the change that they did to the Ghazi.
Exploding was already retconned, and while I'm not exactly culturally sensitive, feels totally dumb to me. I think Janissary being brainwashed and borderline slaves fits but exploding is so... 40k.
I like the explode rule on Kuang Shi and Gakis.
As far as an infiltrating sniper goes, I think just giving it a viral pistol or a chain colt would be enough to make it attractive enough for a rare player to use. Not everything needs to be a commonly used unit. I like having a regular sniper to keep cost and especially swc down. I don't use infiltrating snipers on Nomads because I'm not paying for an MSR for that kind of unit.
Still hoping for a Naffatun LRL profile. I think it fits them quite nicely!