1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqq Remotes Resculpt - Are we happy

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Swiftage

Swiftage Well-Known Member

It's a little worrying if there aren't enough parts in the box. If I'm reading correctly there aren't enough "smokestacks" to make more than one REM as pictured as all REMs have a right stack & there is only one (correct me if I'm wrong).

Any news from CB on this? Is it a mispack? An oversight on what parts are needed?

2. Ankaa

Ankaa Well-Known Member

To clarify somewhat, there are enough "smokestacks" to make two remotes as pictured, but not enough to make ANY two remotes as pictured. With the parts I got and from the sounds of it what many others found to be in their box as well, you can build any two excluding the Fanous. You get a total of two "smokestacks" in the box, each remote requires one except the Fanous which requires two.

The reason I specified "as pictured" is because when I asked a friend about this, he mentioned that many times when the weapon slot is totally bare on a remote it is assumed to be the flash pulse version (this might be true of other REM kits but I would not know). That being said, the side of the box clearly shows an illustration of the Fanous with two cylindrical, "smokestack" like pieces hence why the box doesn't make sense to me.

For an update, I emailed Corvus Belli using the mispack address asking if this was indeed a mistake and I got the generic "We apologize and will send a replacement part" response, which is certainly cool of them! However that still doesn't conclusively determine if this was a mistake or not, since the response didn't include any other information and it might just be an automated response on their part.

Geodron, Ashtroboy, Errhile and 2 others like this.
  3. Swiftage

Many thanks @Ankaa, if I could ask just one more favour? Would you be kind enough to share with us all what happens regarding replacements?

I'm intending to update my Haqq REMs at some point but I'm not overly keen on buying the new box if there is an issue that means I can't build what I need without multiple boxes, especially if that issue will be resolved at the packing stage if it is indeed an oversight. That said If CB will send out additional smokestacks using the mispack codes I can live with that.

Geodron likes this.
  4. Choofa

Choofa Member

Yes please let us know if they are in fact missing, I will need to place a missing part for 4 boxes :(

5. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

@Ankaa that is awesome.

@Swiftage You can build any two non-fanous Remotes with the box but only one fanous and nothing else if you want to be "parts correct" as pictured. No amount of boxes however will help you once you build a Fanous from being at a parts deficit.

@Choofa Unless you build a Fanous with one of those boxes you will not be short a part. If you build a fanous with all those 4 boxes you will be short 4 parts. But if you build a Rafiq, a shaytaniyah or Shihab you have all the parts.

6. Choofa

Choofa Member

Yeah I bought 4 boxes to cover all of the options available in Haqq and its sectorials.

So I need to make 3 Fanous, 2 Rafiq, 2 Shihab and 1 Shaytaniyah

7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

...and I'll just keep using my Chinese flashbots (Chaiyi?) as Fanous, I think. It's not like they horribly violate the style or anything :P

8. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Same - there's no point in replacing the old ones.

EDIT: Maybe apart from the fact that they sometimes break at the legs for some reason. I lost one that way.

#68 Alkasyn, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Errhile likes this.
  9. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I am using a wild mixture (Yaokongs/Rebots (old)/Dronbots/Tsyklon/Kameel etc.) of REM for all Sectorials I play (Tunguska/Ikari/StarCo/DBS/Qapu Khalqi). They are getting painted in neutral colors (black/grey/green) and really helps me and my opponents to distinguish what is what. No more "hmm, is this an HMG or just a normal Rifle??" :)

10. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

:hordes the chocobots: My babies are not appreciated...

11. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

For My NA2 (DBS & Ikari) I did a mix of all factions to make my remotes as well. I redid my chicken walker to be dedicated FO & repeater remotes. For my TR remotes I'm using the New Haqq remotes. I was intending on replacing the gun with something prominent for both my Haqq and NA2, but I actually like the 'real' HMG on the sculpt. So I just 'upgraded' my NA2 version.

[​IMG]

12. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I caved in and bought one box, just in case I want 2 shihabs (one is my ED-209 conversion, the other will be the new type of rem). I do have enough Chickenbots to have a Rafiq, 3 Fanous and another one to lend to NA2.

13. antox717

antox717 Member

I'm interested in these for my DBZ army. i'm gonna use them for THE clipper and a pathfinder proxies. But... do they fit on a 40mm base?? The pan-o ones are silhouette 3 if i'm not mistaken and in photo the new haq rems seem big. Also, are there serious "aestethic" issues in assembling them without the "spoilers" on the tail? I'm so not into them....

14. Barrogh

New Haqq remote box is an S3 remotes set. Our S4 remotes are still good ol' Kameels.

antox717 likes this.
  15. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

I don't own any remotes yet, so I guess I'm lucky since I can buy these since I never really like the chicken jacks other than the little helper guys for engineers and doctors. :)

16. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

The new remotes barely fit on 40mm bases. They would look decent on 55mm if yoy want to prixy. I've currently got some remote I moved up a base size and they are a little too small for the larger base.

17. Ashtroboy

Ashtroboy Well-Known Member

Might get some chocobots myself cos why not

Myomer likes this.
  18. Barrogh

Yeah, kinda true. Guess most new models barely fitting their intended base is something I got used to at this point.
    In this case, that's mostly due to REMs having those "frills" in the back. Otherwise they would be less of a problem in this department.

19. Maverick

Maverick Member

Like some others, I have the old 'chicken bots' and really like them. Still decided to get the new remotes and use them for the Shihab/Shayaniyah and keep the old ones for Fanous/Rafiq.

Finally assembled my new remotes on the weekend: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KvNzyuBm4jshi7Wj7.

They do just fit on the 40mm base, and you probably could get away with not having the wings at the back if you wanted.
    Confirm I only got two 'smoke stacks' but didn't limit what I could build.

KedzioR_vo and Ariwch like this.
  20. Swiftage

Forgive a rather late reply here folks. I was fortunate enough to win an auction on eBay for a box of remotes a couple of days ago. I'll update when they arrive as to the contents (specifically the smokestacks).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation