1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqq Remotes Resculpt - Are we happy

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Aug 5, 2018.

1. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Considering maggy's blocky tail, conversions should actually be pretty easy. We only need to lift the back area up a bit. Sculpted blocks of Green/Brown stuff should do it. Easy to mold as well.

Myomer likes this.
  2. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

They are mini Maghariba I have a few old heavy gear with track feet lying around... I'll make one for my TR HMG and one for my Smart Missile.
    Remove the rear bits, rectangle tube cut to create a trapezoid, some balls, disks, plasti tube easy peasy I'm wondering how close I can get to recreating the the tail end and I probally have to take a look at the leg harness setup might have to recreate that too and then getting the tracks off of the heavy gear feet should be relatively easy and reapplying them to the bottom of the feet should be a snap

#22 DustGod, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Myomer likes this.
  3. Choofa

Choofa Member

I love them. Sucks that I have 4 chicken-bots painted and I don't paint much, but I will replace all of the old ones with the new.

Nice work CB!

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Why would you replace them if you already have 4 of them painted?
    Especially since you love them.

I only replace the models that I really hate when they get redone (I'm not one of those blanket "must have all the newest versions only" or "must have all the books in a series with the same style of cover" kinda people, though.).

Natsymir likes this.
  5. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

You really don't need to do a ton of converting to build a tail section. In all honesty you just need two of the new nasmats. Their head section looks very close to the tail section of the Maghariba (kudos to CB for having so many tying features to the new Haqq boots).

You should have extra of the new nasmats if you bought Hakims (which honestly don't need a nasmat and your probably never going to run two with nasmats) and the new support box which you probably will again only use one because in RTF I'm assuming that Doc will go in a link.

6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I'm happy with them. Very jealous of the new ALEPH ones though.

7. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

I don't know about a ton of custom work to get the basic layout but if you want to recreate it it's going to take a lot of work I'm going to do it to show everybody it can be done and to show everybody how good I am seeing as I'm newish around here...
    Not saying that it wouldn't be easy to just knock it out but to do kind of a recreation you're going to have to redesign the Rem a little bit

8. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

The only reason I would want to replace my painted Shihab and Shaytaniyah is because they look exactly like Rafiq's and Fanous(to a degree). It will be MUCH easier on my opponents when they see a completely different model for the defensive rems vs offensive rems.

Deltervees and Myomer like this.
  9. Quirk

Quirk squirrel
    Warcor

I am building and painting my Bahram sectorial for ITS 10. Somehow I waited 5 years to finally start my favourite faction (at least fluffwise). So for 5 years I have enviously watched those chicken drones be played only by others. There is no way I will not have my chickens now!

Melchior and bladerunner_35 like this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The new REMs look great, my favourite REMs in the game I think!

Hope that Haqq get some assault REMs at some point too...

11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'd love to have them, true. But I can't realy see that happening. We're the low(ish) tech level faction, who is putting their money and expertise into biological rather than technological advantages. We have the basic REMs, we have the basic TAGs (Maghariba in vanilla / RTF, hired help Iguana & Scarface in QK), and that's it. Still, arguably, more than what Ariadna gets.

On the other hand, Ariadna today isn't exactly what it used to be in 2ed - they can emulate some REMs with their Traktor Muls, they got Blackjack / Ratnik (hackable) heavy HI, they got (limited) access to hackers in the form of Wardrivers, the French even have a legitimate (if hired help) TAG available.
    So, anything can happen... but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Haqq attack REMs.

In the meantime - Rafiq with Assisted Targetting does acceptably well in that role :smiling_imp:

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Haqqislam doesn't really have low-tech, though. They have the same tech level as most of the Sphere, and access to specifically high tech biometrics, bio-engineering, medical science, environmental engineering etc. And hey, you know what Haqq also has? Money. You can always just pay someone to develop combat REMs and buy them, that's all PanO and YJ do, those REMs are built by Moto.tronica or whoever.

I'd say that Haqq REMs would look more like Nomad ones, though. Less expensive gear and more tough, built for rough conditions. If there was going to be any Haqq-y tech on there... maybe a biometric visor L2 on an Assault REM? That'd be cool, for seek and destroy tasks. And perhaps a limited camo REM with a Missile Launcher for anti-armour roles! There are lots of possibilities...

13. Errhile

Well you have a point, but then again - everyone else and their grandma are using Combirifles as standard infantry weapon (with MultiRifle for special purpose / elite troops), the two exceptions being Haqqislam and Ariadna.
    With all our money we have rather limited access to things like ODD (well, none whatsoever as far as I recall) or TO Camo (1 unit only).
    We don't maintain more than 1 TAG model (which is, well, pretty peculiar design, though a well-thought one) - I don't count in the hired help TAGs there.

It is not like we couldn't afford to buy more - it is more likely we won't be able to really maintain them. Case of pre-Revolution Persia / Iran, and shah Reza Pahlavi buying loads of modern (for the time) stuff, including military equipment, he really didn't had technical crews or manufacturing capability to keep running at decent level of operational readiness. I guess Haqq leaders are wary of that.

Also, IIRC, Haqq is cited as maintaining one of the largest (if not the largest) standing armies of the Sphere. We might be rich, but we'd have to be filthy rich for us (being one-planet-only, plus some extra holdings on Paradiso and in space) to have enough money to equip our large armed force to the standard of PanO or YJ, each of which has much bigger population and area to draw wealth from. Please note that PanOceania does build most if not all Aleph's equipment (especially the Marut TAGs), but they do not use it themselves: they can't afford it. They have been said in the 2ed rulebook to be building the most advanced TAGs of the Human Sphere, the Zeta units - but not being able to fund equipping their own troops with them (O-12 does use these).
    And all we can afford is Artefaktech XCR-series TAGs based on outdated technology.

chromedog and Papa Bey like this.
  14. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Kameel? :)

15. Papa Bey

I think the issue to keep in mind is that Haqqislam is about the individual and their Search for Knowledge. Remote and robots and all of that can readily get in the way of it. So... it's minimal. A design decision so to speak.

16. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

So are these coming with 2 different base sets or are we going to see a change in silhouette for one of the series

17. Errhile

Uh... what do you have in mind?

18. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

I like these a lot, though its pretty weak these were the only new things for Haqq to come out of the spate new stuff shown.

19. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember when the release date is.

20. Papa Bey

This will become more pronounced if they continue down the sectorial road.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation