1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hack the Planet! The Bakunin Jurisdictional Command Tactica

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by helsbecter, Feb 10, 2018.

1. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

• The Controller and the G: Synchronized trooper must declare the same Order, declaring the same Short Skills of the Order. However, it is not compulsory that they have the same target.
    So you can attack different targets as well as discover etc. with all four guys/girls...

It is in the examples about G: Synchronized for both BS Attacks and CC. This means it works the same for Discover.

DukeofEarl and reaper1714 like this.
  2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

oops. should have reloaded the page before responding.

3. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I'll be adding a section on about fireteams and list-building principles soon. I agree, Limited Insertion turns Bakunin list-building on its head.

I have been reading the feedback and I want to play a few rounds with profiles folks are talking about before I rewrite. For instance, I had a really satisfying Capture and Protect with a Lizard HGL who cleaned house with Morlock support, as promised by Inane Imp. This tactica is as much for my own improvement as anyone else's, so I want to explore.

I do have to say, though, the pitcher on the moderators is not as amazing as it sounds. At full fireteam strength, a moderator is probably rolling 10's to put a repeater anywhere you would ever want one, so you're really looking at like a 75% chance of landing it with no redo possible. I prefer using the Custodier's LT order, if the repeater would just be convenient, or taking a Zero with deployable repeaters if it's critical. IMO, it's fairly priced at 1/0.5 and I could take it or leave it.

herod1204 likes this.
  4. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

They all perfom the same skill. So they get four discover rolls if they all have lof. They can also quad-loot the same panoply, which always makes me smile when I picture it.

DukeofEarl and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  5. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

When it comes to [​IMG] REVEREND HEALER and useing her in a Fireteam. The "problem" I can see is that she will only be helpful to the Fireteam since, what I can understand, she can't use [​IMG] ZONDBOT while in a Fireteam?

6. helsbecter

You are correct, she can't be in a team if she has servants.

She is for sure better in a team than out of it. A fireteam can take her places she'd never get to on her own with her 4-2 movement and close range bands. Reverend Healers are terribly expensive, so if you take one, it's important to work every aspect of the profile to help justify the cost of all the equipment and stats you paid for. WIP 14 doctor is only a small slice of that Reverend Healer pie, so don't feel bad if it doesn't go fully leveraged.

If you do need a doctor doctor, you can get Avicenna and two bots for about the same price, or a daktari and a bot for half the price. Personally, I think you will find if you run the Reverend Healer in a fireteam for a few games, you will come to realize that her teammates are the only ones worth healing.

inane.imp likes this.
  7. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

Hmm.. She can't be in a Fireteam at all or she just cant use it while in one?

I will give them a try with a Trio a few games and see how it works. And also a Sin-Eater. =)
    If only we could buy the sisters better boots so they can run faster.

#27 MAlgol, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  8. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

She couldn't be in one at all, nor be part of coordinated orders. Zondbots are awesome, but come with restrictions :(

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  9. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Just a minor addition to the LGL Moderator.
    So far it's the only troop in Bakunin in this configuration and it's also the only linkable LGL. Keeping that (and the demands of Season 9) in mind, the grenade launching Moderator is the most valuable Datatracker troop for any mission including a designated target. With a little help from a Zero (Deployable Repeater or FO) and the inevitable Hackers you'll be able to kill that HVT within a few orders with speculative fire on a 19.

Tcional, perseus and Rubberpiggy like this.
  10. Rubberpiggy

This is very true. And the loadout you need for targeting can be very useful with the addition of a vertigo zond and/or moira em lgl.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'd disagreed: Lizard does this tactic better. Mod LGLs are way too easy to remove if someone wants to get rid of your Datatracker. They're good; but I wouldn't say 'best'.

DukeofEarl and Rubberpiggy like this.
  12. Rubberpiggy

Well the best might be an exaggeration, but not very expensive to include and since you decide dt after deployment, it can be a great alternative if a shady individual appears near your primary choice. The moderator can also be prone on a roof or otherwise hide in ways that other DT options either can’t do or will avoid (because they’ll need to go places).

13. helsbecter

I hadn't thought of the moderator LGL data tracker. Neat trick with a low opportunity cost, and the moderator team works with the Lizard.

14. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Remember you can reload from an 8pt Salyut, so if you were taking a flash pulse not for AROs then try a Salyut to help (useful for zone scoring missions too)

15. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

How often do you use the reload skill? For me it seems like a waste of orders.

16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

it's a short skill you can combine with Shoot, so it's not so bad as all that.

17. inane.imp

Except nothing in Nomads has both Baggage and a weapon capable of BS Attacks. You might be able to Brainblast and use Baggage to reload... but I don't think so, because using Baggage is a Short Skill and you can't combine 2 Short Skills.

18. csjarrat

If its next to your link and you're wanting to Chuck down a repeater net, its maybe one order extra for potentially getting another 2 repeaters down. If I'm staring down a HI pain train link I'm gonna take that order everytime

19. inane.imp

2 orders.

1 to reload, 1 to fire the Pitcher. Sure it can be worth it, but not usually.

20. csjarrat

start by mov-shoot to empty the clip with the pitcher. one to mov-reload with baggage bot. then you're back swinging again with a full clip.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation