1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hack the Planet! The Bakunin Jurisdictional Command Tactica

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by helsbecter, Feb 10, 2018.

1. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Maybe not? Zeroes were the first thing I thought, less the mask, shoulder pads, and pectoral plate thing. The arms are Zero arms exactly

Abydog likes this.
  2. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think the arms are quite normal for Nomads, since Alguaciles and Interventors also have those kind of designs.

Althought the backpack, which is probably originally from Zondnautica, seems quite similar to Zeros'.

Abydog and Tourniquet like this.
  3. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

the left one could also be from the hello kitty brigade ;)

But I would also think zeros because of back pack and shoulder pad. or rather missing shoulder pad, the alguaciles have different ones

4. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

I love this tunning Combis, i try to paint my nomads weapons like this.!!!

Abydog likes this.
  5. helsbecter

So new MSV rules are a big boost to Riot Grrls... I have good feelings about possible changes to observance units following this CC-happy Starmada reveal.

Could we have Moiras with CC weapons worth using? Could the Reverend Healer become a good unit?? What if there was a linkable SMG Sin Eater??? its all happening folks

Darkinga likes this.
  6. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Without knowing all the details the new MSV rules could even turn out worse for the Grrls. If e.g. the Smoke is somehow treated like a poor vis zone the Grrls won't even be able to dodge properly. Further if we can believe Bostria that the new Sixth Sense will basically be the current SS L2 then shooting back through smoke would be worse as well.

7. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

if SS N4 remains as SSL2 N3, then it would be the same, why would it be worse?

MSV1 changes are good for RG and grenzers, that's for sure. But a "big" boost? I doubt it is so big. A -6 is still a -6. That change just helps against enemy warbands moving so freely, but nothing more. Against TO and smoke-combo, SS and MSV2 will be still needed (maybe more if they are more extended as in C1), but that's OK to me.

I hope HMG sineater and prowlers SWC gets checked, is absurd to be paying for those extra SWC when nobody else pays for it and we have not discounts to compensate (well, SWC discount on zoe).

but in hacking.... seems that hacking devices become cheaper and KHD gets reworked, that might change a lot the hacking scene. But we still don't know how the programs will change

8. Tristan228

Warcor

Because SSL2 doesn't work against visual penalties (in the Grrls' case currently e.g. from Nimbus plus) thus instead of shooting when shot at with the full set of bonuses the Grrl would be forced to react with that -6MOD applied. So instead of doing stuff on 16s you're rolling for 10s. So yes, as you said, maybe good against warbands but propably worse against anything with a better MSV.

But since there could be changes to the terrain rules as well it might just be detrimental for the Grrls' shooting

9. Armihaul

you mean low visibility? we don't know how that will remain. The pictures we have seen are just a fast summary, not rules themselves. I doubt they will make MS2 or 3 be affected by terrain rules, so the same for MSV1

10. Tristan228

Warcor

The terrain's visibility MODs will likely be ignored by any visor, yes.
    And yes, since the new smoke interaction poses a -6 on BS it appears to be like the current Poor Visibility Zone with the reflective trait which puts -6 on BS-Attacks but also on Discover or Dodge (that's Nimbus Plus just without the saturation), which I'd really like to see revised. At least for the Dodge part, since it naver made Sense to me that a troop can dodge better versus an attacker that can't be seen at all.

11. Pflaumenmus

Pflaumenmus Active Member

The thing that is even more interesting than the MSV change, is the new philosophy for fireteams. If it turns out that almost all sectorials will get such a wide variety of fireteams and wildcards, it could get really interesting for Bakunin. Maybe all the Reverends will be finally interchangeable in N4. In combination with possibly more wildcards and the new 4-4 movement, Reverends could get really interesting again. And more Wildcards/Special Fireteams could especially benefit Bakunin because it has two very expensive cores that, if you play them, define most of the list. But with more variety in Wildcards and Special Fireteams they wouldn't be as list-defining as before

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  12. helsbecter

Yeah, I'm hoping N4 makes observance lists viable because the full Moira core does not quite work. It's close, and if they redo Bakunin in this new O-12 / Kosmoflot style it will work

If they don't redo anything it all comes down to how the rules changes affect Riot Grrls as discussed above. I think they're at a net gain so far, but we'll see.

13. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

We don't know for sure without seeing the full rules together. But seeing through smoke seems like a net gain to Riot Grrls to me. Since BJC has lacked MSV2 we haven't been able to stop opponents getting where they want with smoke. Now we can. And In a full link the Grrls have the BS to still be very dangerous, even with a -6, particularly against cheap impetuous troops like WB and mutts (which I guess this change is meant to temper).

14. helsbecter

hoo boy.

Max roster of 15 is really gonna change up my list writing. Bakunin is stronger around 17, but being forced to 15 will open a lot of options that I previously ruled out because Morlocks are too good.

Anyone else getting ready for N4 with Bakunin? Anyone want to buy my Corregidor?

15. helsbecter

OK everyone, let's make our predictions for Bakunin for N4:
    • Special Fireteam: Haris, Avicenna + 2 Riot Grrls
    • Prowlers +1 points, SWC tax lifted on Spitfire, maybe get a new profile
    • Moiras +1 points, NCO profile
    • Custodiers stay the same, become better in N4
    • Sin eaters stay the same and get a goofy new profile, FTO or 2x SMG or something
    • Morlocks +2 points
    • Taskmaster pit patrol, special fireteam with a morlock
    • Reverend healers +2 points no new abilities, still bad :(
    • Zoe +.5 SWC and gets some kind of bloat ability like automedkit
    • Meteor Zond .5 SWC
    • Bran do Castro unchanged except he sucks under new superjump regime
    • Kusanagi +4-5 points and gets a pile of new abilities

• Uberfallkommando ?????? (this will make or break us! Bakunin needs strong Uberfall for N4!)

16. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

With MSV 1 seeing through smoke now, Eclipse will be more useful than ever. Uberfalls will be worth it for that alone, even.

Also the more coordinated models in a single troop slot the better under a 15-order cap, so 4 models for a single troop slot is pretty killer.

helsbecter likes this.
  17. helsbecter

Yeah, I expect it to be really important in N4 so long as it isn't totally ruined somehow

18. Armihaul

What I would like:
    • Prowlers get down in points and no SWC tax. One or two extra profiles
    • Moiras get down in points points, NCO profile could be interesting
    • Custodiers get interesting haris rules for 3 hackers in a fireteam
    • Sin eaters get a bit of rework. Points down, and sniper gets +1B (remember that now MSR DA is R1 in active)
    • Taskmaster some special fireteam options or even wildcard. NCO can be interesting too.
    • Reverend healers down in points and ODD.
    • Zoe duo with piwell
    • Meteor Zond down in SWC
    • Bran do Castro down in points, gets some interesting new CC rule.
    • Kusanagi lieutenant lvl2
    what I think we will get (Sorry if I am a bit negative, but I lost all my trust in CB doing good things for nomads):
    • No commandment rules (so no Lt2, CoC or NCO), because nomads.
    • Prowler get down in points.
    • SWC tax untouched (they had the chance twice during n3, but didn't). Not for prowler, not for meteor. Maybe Kusanagi spitfire gets checked.
    • Riots get up in points because MSV1 and people claims during n3, even if BJC had so bad numbers in the end
    • Observance profiles remain mostly untouched, just some fireteam options, but still overcosted. Moiras might get some new options, but not NCO. Healers cc remains a big tax for her with no real benefit. HMG sin eater retains his SWC tax and use, the sniper gets doomed to the shelf, the MK12 retains Advance deployment and the spitfire one gets out of the list.
    • new unit that will displace moiras and riots at once, and make them not interesting. Maybe a harder-than-moderators LI with good fireteam options.
    • new hacking rules make custodians more expensive, but not directly better because their point cost.
    • Taskmaster will get cheaper and remain solid or even better, but no extra fireteam options with old units. Maybe with the new ones.
    • moderators, zeros, morlocks and UFK remain mostly the same. Not a lot of new rules, but cheap enough just to be solid and do their work.

Darkinga and kesharq like this.
  19. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Funny thing is that in the Uprising Book there is a whole chapter in the StarCo section about "Gestalt" and how extraordinary good it is that even YuJing tried (in vain) to kidnap some Nomad Gestalt Instructors...

Gestalt for me sounds like NCO or CoC - but what do I know... :)

#199 kesharq, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  20. Armihaul

just remember that IS alone has access to more different infowar (not cyberwar) tools than the entire nomad faction (even if B dared to say that nomads were the infowar faction several times)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation