1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H3xx3r's Unlimited Power & 8-Ball's Barrel Through

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Tipzntrix, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

Can you Barrel Through an enemy that was just displaced by H3xx3r's Unlimited Power tactic? If so, can you Barrel Through an ally that was just displaced by an opposing H3xx3r's Unlimited Power tactic?

I'm inclined to say yes, but since Valkyrie's Frostbite is not considered a "roll targeting Maximus" and therefore cannot be stopped by Adamantine, I'm not sure. On the one hand, Barrel Through's conditions are a bit different. "Immediately after a Target's displacement" just seems to mean when any Target is displaced, and enemies are targets, as opposed to Adamantine that needs a "roll targeting Maximus" and it's not exactly clear that the roll is targeting anyone in Frostbite's case. On the other hand, it was ruled that Valkyrie's Frostbite has no targets, so it would seem like Unlimited Power also has no targets, since the wording is very similar.

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Valkyrie's Frostbite does not need a Face-to-Face roll (it's a normal Action ─green─), so Maximus is not a target for that roll. If I'd write Frostbite again it should be something like "2 - Frostbite // :5:Impose the :G:Inmobilized State to every Adjacent Enemy". With no Range in declaration it should clearer there is no target for this Action.

Unlimited Power is not about a roll, but an effect: Displacement. The requirement for Barrel Through is not being a target neither a roll, it's just to be displaced.

Then yes, you can Barrel Through a char when displaced by Unlimited Power.

:wink:

DeadlyOcean and Zewrath like this.
  3. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

H3xx3r's Gotcha action doesn't need a face to face roll either, but if you use it on Maximus isn't it targetting him?

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

But Gotcha! requieres a Target. You need to be within Range :L:(and LoS) and its effects and Switch require both a Target.

:wink:

Tipzntrix likes this.
  5. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

OK, I think I see it. Thanks :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation