1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guts Rolls and Smoke Grenades

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hecaton, Jun 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Building off what @inane.imp said, in the instance of a smoke grenade, the skill that is declared to throw it is 'BS Attack', which has the 'attack' trait. I would assume then that it is a property of smoke ammunition that cancels the 'attack' trait of the 'BS Attack' skill.

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Yeah.... I dunn goofed. Ignore my post: trying to understand it coherently just makes it more confusing.

3. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

lol, Putting many actions under one category, BS Attack, seems like a reasonable way to identify similar skills. Instead of writing the same rules for every single skill in the category the rules are simply applied to a BS attack thus filtering down. From there CB had two choices regarding how to pass out the 'attack' trait:

Option A - All 'BS attacks' are considered 'attacks'
    Option B - Every individual skill either has the 'attack' trait or not.

They chose option A. Good choice imo. Then along came smoke and CB said F all of you. I'm sure not intentionally, but instead of making a new category they tried to shoe horn it in with:

Option C - Smoke is a Special Dodge, but not really a Dodge, it's a BS Attack, but not an Attack. We weren't lying... it's definitely Special.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation