1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grenades and Your Meta in N3

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by RogueJello, Apr 11, 2018.

?

How Useful is your typical LGL or hand toss grenade?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2018.
  1. Angel of Death - I expect to kill everything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nasty Surprise - I expect to be able to kill things occasionally

34 vote(s)
    57.6%
  3. Angry M80 - I expect to waste a bunch of orders and seldom, if ever kill anything

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. What's a LGL again?

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Here the Krakot with Grenades has become pretty much the ultimate Designated Target Killer, thanks to his potential PHY 16 (metachem 2 is broken AF).

Aside from that we don't see many grenades, unless we do.

oldGregg, Section9 and Abrilete like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

EM weapons in general are far too amusing, I keep looking for ways to EM things that I should probably be trying to kill outright, instead.

When I played the Learning N3-CC game, it was JSA versus Greeks, turning Ajax and Jerkilles into statues was priceless!

inane.imp, Savnock and Abrilete like this.
  3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

YES. That right there is the true hazard of shiny new toys.

I'm also going to have that problem with Raul Spector. Doing things with combined Drop Bears and shotgun blasts is maybe too fun.

4. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I often take a LGL on one of my Dakinis - as an emergency solution to Link-Teams. You know, when they have everything and you have nothing left to face them.... it actually never really works though...

5. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Might a cheap warband with smoke do better? They're also useful for defense.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  6. Daniel Darko

Warcor

Hm, that is an option...

Saves me 1 SWC - and there is not a problem, the Dakini would not have either...

Thanks for your advice, Commander Savnock.

7. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

the warband has to expose itself to take that chance, and the link stands good chances of just shruging the CR and killing the warband, giving you 1 shot at them. the Lgl would be able to do it continously at no risk

oldGregg likes this.
  8. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

But the link has SSL2 and can dodge at PH while you shoot with B1 BS-3. You need to have many orders to do that, it's really unreliable.
    Slice the pie, stack modifiers (CH:TO), find an angle where the only one who can ARO has a bad range, use some mine tricks (ie: you move a naga close to an angle, you put a mine so that the naga is not in sight of any link member, but the mine is. Then you slice the pie, the victim must either dodge or take the mine unopposed while the slicer shoot at it).

9. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

again the point is you can probably tag multiple members and you do it without the risk of losing your troop. furthermore the absolute worst that happens is you loose 1 order.

10. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

It's still a bad trade imho. I doubt you'll catch many link members in your template, and if they are really stacked better use a warband with a chain rifle. Bigger template, sure to hit, and you can bet your opponent will rather dodge than shoot back if he knows he can lose 3 or 4 troops.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Common cause for me losing games when playing with Wu Ming LGL

12. Daniel Darko

Warcor

Well, the Dakini hits on an 8. That smells suspiciously like an order-grave! But 5-Member-Link-Teams on their hand smell like death-by-ARO an we want them to become at least a 4-Member-Link-Team.

Good angles, Camo, Mines etc. are the best solution, but sometimes it is tricky to get them because the obvious solution is already unconscious or worse...

Now a LGL is a 16'' option, which could hit enough members to take one out by chance - it is just a bit too much of a gamble for me.

The warband (Myrmidon) could smoke-sneak in and engage a member, which is a good start. Next step - a nice and professional closecombat-attack that could chop one member of of the team. These are two or three orders, but I think the odds are much better in succeeding.

I will try it. We will see....

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So noone yet used Emily EM galore in 5 man link team to make MO player cry in corner ?

I'm dissapointed....

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think they're still laughing too hard to type up the report!

Abrilete, eciu and DFW Ike like this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I used 5-man link Emily to successfully E/M a Bulleteer and De Fersen at once last week.

Very happy day. Weather was beautiful too.

Hiereth, oldGregg, eciu and 1 other person like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation