1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good book recomendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Wombat85, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

A few people have already recommended The Expanse by James S.A. Corey. Probably the best book series I've ever read.

Any Heinlein, but especially Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Frontlines series by Marko Kloos is great mil SF.

For a little bit more wild fun, the Undying Mercenaries series by B.V. Larson is a treat.

Also, Mike Kupari's Sins of Her Father series is excellent fun. Pretty sure Mike actually plays Infinity.

For less direct SF, Mike Kupari and Larry Correia collaborated on the Dead Six series, which is also quite fun. Larry does play Infinity and posts on WGC frequently. All of Larry's other works are amazing as well.

2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The David Brin Uplift war series is good - especially if you play tohaa (the "uplifting" of lower species to sentience is remarkably similar to the tohaa "exhaltation").
    The deeper you go into the whole SF genre (well, at least 30-40 years), the more you will see where certain concepts in the game come from.

Danger Rose likes this.
  3. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Oh, David Brin! I enjoyed his Kiln People. The "Dittos" in that book heavily influenced how I originally envisioned LHosts when I first heard of the concept.

4. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Revelation Space series by Alastair Reynolds. Listened to them as audiobooks, suspensful stuff.
    Also everything by Vernor Vinge.

CoveredInFish likes this.
  5. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Stanisław Lem, like Ijon Tichy & Pirx series (two, one per character) or Cyberiad.

6. Kahlain

Kahlain Greeble-Faust investigator

For something completely different, check out Eric Flint's 1632, Ring of Fire. The first book can be downloaded, free -- legally, from Baen's webpage.

chromedog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation