1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna Buy It?

Discussion in 'General' started by gregmurdock, Mar 30, 2019.

?

How much are you willing to pay to ks Defiance?

1. Not ksing Defiance.

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. €0~50

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. €51~75

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. €76~100

41 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. €101~125

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. €126~150

27 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. €151~200

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. No price is too high.

35 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Got confrontation (and I still have the old rulebooks that were sold with the blisters, and the big book that was the last edition of rules before the pre-painted plastic debacle), the game was fun, but the autowounds on 6 rollinf d6 dice was pure murder on expensive heroes...

Then Magic... we skipped it over, frankly, specially since it was arcane, and divine, and... That being said, the models were gorgeous.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Aren't you a lucky guy even with a simple thing of you having well.... electricity ?;P

Luisjoey likes this.
  3. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I am interested, and will definitely be keeping an eye on this one. I am not a fan of kickstarters, but it is not a deal breaker for me. It depends on the kickstarter deals. I don't put up my money a year in advance to pay regular retail price, but if some good deals can be had, I can be patient.

Ultimately it is too early to tell. The details will be determine if I buy in or not. However because of my tight budget, and deeply seeded cheapness, I don't see myself dropping more than $100 in one go.

4. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I was with you until you typed that.

No, just no.

chromedog and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I went for 76/100€ but it will depends a lot of the number of minis inside.

The more there is, the more I'm willing to pay (as they are infinity compatible)

ZlaKhon likes this.
  6. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

I wish they'd just make the game and not make Kickstarter a pre-order.

Ginrei, oldGregg, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It's very cinematic, just like the source material, and is actually fairly well-balanced in the starter box if both players know the rules. Zents need to mass fire at a single Valk to kill it.

8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

To be fair, we know exactly what caused the delays to the RPG, and with Defiance inhouse we won't see delays for that reason.

I'm relatively confident that, from a delivery perspective, this will be an easy win for CB.

ZlaKhon and ObviousGray like this.
  9. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

No. I shamefully own that steaming pile. It's remedial garbage at best with even worse (totally not) miniatures (because we don't have the rights to publish a miniature game).

10. Luisjoey

Luisjoey High Marshall of Wotan
    Warcor

Living like an 2020 atek :P @eciu

Venezuela it´s real cyberpunk! XD

Abrilete, Barrogh and eciu like this.
  11. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

I'm generally not because they have been all about bring pre-orders for companies so they don't lost money or potentially take a risk on it or aren't sure it'll do well.

I miss the days when companies would have to make a product and sell it and if it isn't well-received or sucks, they take the hit.

Ginrei and xagroth like this.
  12. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Ah yea, auto wunds on duble numbers were kinda like crit in infinity. Gave some poor mook a chance not to be auto deleted in cc.

Wanna see another debacle? Sans detour tried to resurect Conf in their recent KS...it sure does look like a train wreck....eating popcorn and watching the show :D

Depending on the KS, you might get awesome value that you can never get when product is retail for that $.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Was tempted to get the models, didn't want resin (plastic or metal, Resin... meh). Giraldez painted some of the models, however.

Happened precisely in Kingdom Death, second wave KS was more expensive because the creator had underestimated the costs the first time, or something like that. Or maybe it was that the non-KS version costed double or something to the buyers, because the costs were enormous.

14. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

I take a pragmatic view on big or established companies using KS as a preorder tool. The money KS makes from the latest CMON "xxx-cide" (or whatever) is what enables it to keep running for the 5000+ other projects that aren't from the mainstream, and gives them a platform to get funded.

Savnock and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That often results in the entire project failing, though, when the company gives more Backer Rewards than they should have.

Happened to Robotech, for example, someone backing the game got just about enough to play any scenario from the series, and that's without any KS Add-ons.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  16. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I'm all in, 100%, can't freaking wait.

Savnock and Postmortem like this.
  17. Disko King

Project failing?

Just to point you at few KS recently... Shadows of brimstone forbidden fortress, delivered to backers recently....300$. Now take a look at EU prices and what can you get for 300$ from what was delivered to backers. THey also had another ks month ago, look what you got for 275 and what you would get in retail for that.

Joan of Arc, 120$. Compare it to what you get in retail for 120$ in any other game?

Kingdom Death 1666$ pledge...now take calculator and just see how much all that costs retail in KDM store.

Rising Sun 100$ pledge, compare it to 90€ retail price and what you got extra ;)

Etc etc. I can go whole day long comparing to what you can get retail and what you got from good KS projects for that price.

On top of that, if KS has exclusives, they will cost you a lot post KS if you want to get them. That is even more value that you get.

So I don't really see argument 'giving backers more than you should', because project who failed because of it are usually really small percentage of actual good projects. And for project to fail, there can be plenty of other reasons, like mismanagement of funds(SDE legends for example) which doesn't have to do with giving people too much rewards.

If you don't back like gazzilion of project like some people do and pick your projects, you can really get awesome value compared to retail price.

Savnock likes this.
  18. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

I think the point of @Section9 is that giving too much during KS kills the project AFTER ks (i.e in retail), exactly because you don't need anything more from retail. And if a game is not developped further after a ks, it's more likely it will die.
    (Unless you do more ks)

Section9 and xagroth like this.
  19. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

I hope this will be different enough from Infinity and Aristeia! to interest a different group of people, because I just don't see my local Infinity crowd often enough for that many different games.

For a dungeon crawler, I would like pre-painted plastic minis, and not necessarily very high detail. Metal miniature add-ons for use in Infinity would also interest me, provided they were for Combined Army.

For a promising game, including metal mini add-ons, I would expect to pay around €100-150 on KS. I do not actually want shelves and shelves of boxes of stuff, but I do want very good value, or I'm going to wait for reviews and retail. Exclusives are a double-edged sword. I like them if I get them, but they actually stop me from getting into a game post-KS. I can't get past the feeling of getting shafted for discovering the project too late.

20. Disko King

Usually it works this way, main pledge is great value, but then you have lot's of expansions which are 10-20% off retail price...and bunch of people buy lots of them...so you don't end up paying 100$ for that main pledge, you give em like 300$ total because you get expansions. Then, lost of people don't even play half of this expansions...this way, they might sell more than people would actually buy in retail. It's not like if you have KS you kill retail, because not everyone is aware of KS, not everyone wants to risk it, not everyone wants to wait, not everyone is even playing games atm...plenty of products are well and alive after KS. Depends on game and company, some have expansions later on. Some don't need expansions.

So far, I like KS when there is good product on it. Offers me usually much better value than retail. And yes, if I get 30-50%, sometimes maybe 100% more for my money, that's good value for me. In Europe we don't have those crazy discounts that one can find in USA....you might find game for 30-50$ in states, while at the same time, it's still 100€ in Europe. Why not get it from USA then? Well...high shipping + around 30% in taxes on game+shipping usually kills any deal there is.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation