1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna Buy It?

Discussion in 'General' started by gregmurdock, Mar 30, 2019.

?

How much are you willing to pay to ks Defiance?

1. Not ksing Defiance.

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. €0~50

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. €51~75

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. €76~100

41 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. €101~125

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. €126~150

27 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. €151~200

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. No price is too high.

35 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Well, it's quite common. Sometimes people like to go all in, then when all in proves to be too much $$ and you see they just wanna milk you, people drop pledges.
    For example with Oathsworn I was perfectly happy because they gave you option 99$ for ALL gameplay stuff with standees, and then if you wanna upgrade and spend more, you have options for minis, armory and terrain, but 99$ will grant you everything gameplay related. As you can see here, that's not the case, and CB are pushing hard to sell you as much as they can with KS exclusives, core pledge that is a joke etc.

Belgrim likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Pledge 1EUR, wait until January and gather funds, you'll have about a month of Pledge Manager to pledge whatever you want.

Belgrim likes this.
  3. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Strategically completely wrong. Plegde the max you want and might be able to fund and if you happen to not have the funds, you can downgrade it in January.

This way you help to reach more Stretch Goals and everybody wins.

Dragonstriker, Croepoek and Belgrim like this.
  4. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I would say you probably want to play this game with friends. If the price is too much for one person what about buying it together and sharing the stuff ? Better to have one game + expension than two core games.

Spitfire_TheCat and Belgrim like this.
  5. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

But when is my credit card charged? In January or at the end of the campaign? I dont want my 160€ to freeze for months.
    And also how much do i get charged if i decide not to back it in the end.
    Maybe the 1€ is the safest way to go.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A2 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I haven't completely thought this through, but it seems you would be able to get the core pledge plus one expansion for 10 EUR than you are currently in for. Maybe this would get you a better value especially considering that many of the Shas from the collector pledge will see an infinity release at some point? Also the next tesseum goal would be additional tiles for the outcast expansion, so the value of this expansion as a board game might be quite high. In any case, I'd wait it out and then see what the best option will be.

Also on a side note: looking at heavily fan modded versions of Hero Quest, I am pretty sure that the community will come up with many possible Defiance add-ons outside of the kickstarter. Personally, I consider making a set of tiles with a laser cutter than fill an entire infinity tables (including some very large rooms so that ITS play becomes viable), so maybe others will design additional hero cards, new missions etc as well?

Belgrim likes this.
  7. Disko King

Since campaign ends in 10 days, if he pledges money now he can't downgrade in January, since money is already collected.

So with shipping 200€for around 20 minis? Far from any great value, considering that game is average at best, and incentive to pledge is minis at okay price. 10€ per mini is not really that great price.

DukeofEarl, Guardian and Belgrim like this.
  8. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

As far as I understand, @Belgrim wants to play the actual game and is afaid that some parts of the game might be unaccessible after the KS ends. So I fail to see how this has anything to do with your point...

Dragonstriker and Belgrim like this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

Your card is charged 1 EUR at the end of Kick (19 NOV 2019). That 1 EUR is non-refundable. Then in January the Pledge Manager opens up, you can choose any variant of options, but at minimum you have to choose Core (100 EUR), but you can choose a lot more. For those choices you will be charged as soon as the Pledge Manager closes (after about a month since it was opened).

Belgrim likes this.
  10. Disko King

Then he should sell minis and have game for like 30% of the price tops. Preferably even try to find someone interested in minis and not in game now..should be plenty of people going only for minis.

11. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

Exactly, i want to play the Dungeon Crawler Infinity experience PLUS get some awesome minis as a bonus to add to my already huge collection. But I dont want to buy a game that is restricted to the core set and probably the "aftermarket" expansions will cost 200 euros each to buy off ebay...

Done! I decreased my pledge to 1€. I will decide later, if i have the money, which option to pledge to if at all.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  12. anaris

anaris Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Guy do not freak about what you'll miss but rather on what you can get and share with your friends.
    There will eventually be another KS in 2021 especially if this campaign is successful.
    In the meantime you'll have used well all the stuff from this one and from the community who will nevertheless make the game live.

I can't wait for a third party to sell standee for 0.5€ per unit. (I see you warsenal!)

Papa Bey and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Spitfire_TheCat

No option if he just does not have the money. He can't sell what he does not have. And he gets the minis in July 2020, at the earliest.

Maybe the "get it together with a friend"-option is a valid one then. If you play it together anyways, you can buy it together as well.

This.

14. Spitfire_TheCat

And what I'd like to add:
    There is one point to consider: If everybody would do it this way, means, pledge 1 EUR and wait what the campaign has to offer and to try to raise the pledge in the Pledge Manager to buy whatever he wants to buy ... we would have 3.507 EUR pledged, the campaign would not have been funded and not a single Stretch Goal would have been reached.

So it _is_ an option if you really don't have the money now and maybe later you have it, but it is not a good strategy if you want to buy it and the only thing you are unsure of is, which components you want.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

That's what I was afraid of. If CB think this is a good idea for huge releases of exclusive content like this... :|

melkiach likes this.
  16. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

This. Or, if you do drop to €1, no complaints on stretch goals you wanted not being reached.

17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

What the...

To actually have a board game worth playing?

Your card is charged for the pledge at the end of campaign, and I do not know of any way to get money back if you pledged more than you wanted to spend.

anaris, Abrilete and melkiach like this.
  18. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

You can only spend what you can afford.

Honestly there are a lot of people in this thread that approach this project in this way. They are all in a tizzy about what they aren't going to get because it's "too expensive" instead of looking at what they would get for whatever they decide is worth spending.

Look at what you can get and decide if that's worth it. Ignore the rest.

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct.

My problem, however, is that I cannot afford to back this at all. :cold_sweat:

20. Disko King

Well, it's already shown that minis are the focus of this KS, not the boardgame...so once again, why give expansion withouth minis?
    Just looking at several boardgame sites, comments from boardgamers are mostly less than enthusiastic about it...and general consensus is, if you want cheaper minis for infinity, go get it, if you want good boardgame, skip it.

DukeofEarl and Mob of Blondes like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation