1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back to the game after a couple of years and O-yoroi is missing from army builder

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by heckler, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Talking about mass graves *to a WarCor* isn't an issue?

Shit, man, I hear enough about that in the mass media, I'd rather not see it in my fantasy/scifi recreational materials.

Revolutions are not and never will be civilized, but that doesn't mean we need to go full on Einsatzgruppen, either. And before someone jumps on me for Godwinning the thread, go read the fluff for the YuanDun Division, then go read the wiki on the Einsatzgruppen.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If not JSA then Ikari welcomes you! The mercenaries money can buy! Honestly they are a lot of fun and Proxies are not a problem in a Pirate.. er Mercenary company.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

WarCors on Facebook were.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I can neither confirm nor deny that, because I don't participate on any of the FB Infinity groups. If that is indeed what they said, I think they were wrong.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

That the Uprising was bad is arguable. JSA needed a rework and got a pretty good one, YJ is still not completely ok after the split, but with the adittion of IA it is starting to look like it is trailing the right path.

That the Uprising was handled in one of the worse possible ways? Yeah, that is the problem...

To the facts:

No more O-Yoroi ( or any other japanese unit) in Yu Jing anymore. With the exception of Ninjas. JSA became a new faction under NA2, and there is a mercenary band in Ikari that has plenty of JSA units ( And is very fun to play with).

Dragonstriker, Section9 and Mahtamori like this.
  6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Wait?
    I'm meant to read the fluff on armies I don't play and have zero interest in anyway?
    I don't even read my own army fluff - I skim it and take in what I want to (like a t'au warpdrive, I don't go so deep down that rabbithole that I have to stare stark-raving-madness in the face)

jimbo slice and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Agree with this.

That the Uprising happened is not bad. That tension was there from the beginning of the game (Keisotsu were included as an army list entry in N1, didn't get models until Human Sphere in N2). It's rather sad from the POV of the initial promise of Yu Jing, all the various East Asian nations uniting under one banner but not being conquered by the Chinese, instead retaining their own 'state' identities and becoming more than the sum of the parts. (Rather like how the US is technically a large collection of semi-independent nations that have an overall government to settle disagreements between the states and to be a single outward-facing identity.)

The new JSA models are generally pretty nice (well, I'm not totally sold on the various funny hats, but that's a different argument than liking the models overall).

How the Uprising was described was godawful, and the timing of the release was poor (I would have released Invincible Army first and then had the Uprising, because the Uprising literally turned the #2 Power in the Sphere into what looked like a third-rate power on par with Aleph or Tohaa with only one sectorial, when even Ariadna had 4 sectorials!). Making things worse were mentions of War Crimes, and a lot of very out-of-character actions on all sides.

(And technically, I'm annoyed that explicitly-Japanese Ninjas are still in YJ/Imperial SS when they could have been completely dropped and replaced with a Chinese-named equivalent.)

8. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Just use it as one of the other Combined S7 TAGs. They even changed the rules for models to explicitly allow this, so no idiot can even try giving you a hard time about it.

And honestly, I don't see why anyone would give you a hard time about it in first place. It's a great proxy.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I would like to say that competitive events aren't being held by CB directly most of the time, and local organizers will have their own judgement on matters like that.

Case in point, our local organizers are pretty stalwart on upholding old proxy rules, as in you can only proxy a profile with a mini for different profile of the same unit. Which to me makes little sense (so, I can proxy a guy with missile launcher using and old, very different sculpt of the same unit with a rifle, but I cannot use a guy with missile launcher who wears slightly different boots? cool).

Gets me every time when I see certain someone posting "CB hasn't made your japanese models illegal because of new proxy rules" even though there are still so many things explicitly up to organizers to decide.

#29 Barrogh, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    emperorsaistone and Ariwch like this.
  10. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

@Barrogh Sorry man, that must be some real shitty organisers there. But in general, I'm pretty sure most metas were fine with these kinds of proxies even before the change to official ITS instructions. Anyway, he'll have to check that for himself.

chromedog, barakiel and colbrook like this.
  11. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

That's exactly the reason of one of the players in our meta introduced the term "WYSIWYG-extremism" :(

12. Ursun

Ursun Tough as Nails, Grim as Old Boots

Is it even an ITS event if you are not using the ITS rules (and I mean all them rules, not just the one the TO likes)

chromedog likes this.
  13. Wyrmnax

Well, your local organizer is kind of an ass.

Also - that kind of attitude just helps make Infinity more unaproachable.

Ive had this talk many times with TOs around my area - if Infinity forced some kind of WYSIWYG then I would never have started playing the game in the first place. It simply raises the initial investment *way* too high, especially for someone that likes to play around with the amount of variety that the game gives us.

14. Hecaton

If they aren't following the ITS rules but are calling their event an ITS tournament, I'd imagine that CB would do something about it if you prodded them.

Section9 and stevenart74 like this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You can't even get CB to answer yes or no rules questions that directly pertain to their ITS rules packet half the time, I really doubt they'd do anything it'd be way too much effort on their behalf.

jimbo slice likes this.
  16. Hecaton

Eh, I think that in particular might motivate them.

17. Wyrmnax

AFAIK - CB gives you a guideline about proxies and how to proxy, but the final decision is the TO.

So he can be as obtuse as he wants. He can probably run a tourneament that only allows miniatures painted in red if he wants to.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation